Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rosicrucianism

Tokoyo

has anyone had any experiences with Rosicrucianism positive or negative, observed or firsthand? Just found out exists recently in a class and while I know a little about Freemasons, I know next to nothing about the actual character of the Rosicrucians. I do know the general founding myths, though the modern organization may well have more history than I know.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yelekiah

• Tokoyo

• Vehement

• Concepts

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone had any experiences with Rosicrucianism positive or negative, observed or firsthand? Just found out exists recently in a class and while I know a little about Freemasons, I know next to nothing about the actual character of the Rosicrucians. I do know the general founding myths, though the modern organization may well have more history than I know.

Many moons ago when I was interested in astrology i took courses from them, everything was free , i had a great experience with them, There called the rosicrucian (sp) society, you can wrtie them maybe they are online by now.Have fun namaste sheri

I have looked into the Rosicrucians quite a bit in the past 3 months and have also been very interested in what they teach. Yet what has kept me from joining and taking their courses is that it does cost money now. My research on them is what actually brought me to this forum, lol.

Probably one the things I found most interesting with them is that they are not trying to take anyone from their personal religious beliefs, they say you can learn their teachings along side with your original beliefs. What their main focus is in their teachings is really understanding yourself and the powers within yourself. I think going through their courses could be very beneficial for anyone trying to become more spiritual and more intune with themselves.

"Wisdom (saith Solomon) is to a man an infinite Treasure, for she is the Breath of the Power of God, and a pure Influence that floweth from the Glory of the Almighty; she is the Brightness of Eternal Light, and an undefiled Mirror of the Majesty of God, and an Image of his Goodness; she teacheth us Soberness and Prudence, Righteousness and Strength; she understands the Subtilty of words, and Solution of dark sentences; she foreknoweth Signs and Wonders, and what shall happen in time to come; with this Treasure was our first Father Adam fully endued: Hence it doth appear, that after God had brought before him all the Creatures of the Field, and the Fowls under Heaven, he gave to every one of them their proper names, according to their nature."

-Fama fraternitatis

As I stated earlier, the Rosicrucians used a lot of symbols. Here is the Tree of Knowledge.

user posted image

Here are some Rosicrucian concepts:

The origin of the universe is divine.

The soul is a spark of the divine consciousness in the universe.

The moral law is the basic law of the universe.

The soul-force possesses potentially the powers of the divine principle at work in the universe.

Life has a purpose. Life is not meaningless.

Man has free choice.

Since the individual soul is part of the universal soul, man has access to powers he does not know, but which time, knowledge, and experience will gradually reveal to him.

Great post, Yel :tu:

Here is a site I have perused. It looks very interesting imo.

Official website of the Rosicrucian Order, AMORC, for North America.

And a section of their beliefs.

We want you to think for yourself, to learn how to draw upon the higher knowledge already within you. What we provide are simply the tools to enable you to accomplish this. The Rosicrucian teachings contain practical exercises and experiments that allow you to demonstrate for yourself the principles presented in the lessons and to access your own source of inner wisdom and guidance. As you do this, you'll begin developing natural abilities that may have been left dormant throughout your life. Almost immediately you'll begin to see your life in a different light.

Hmmm........I just want answers.......I suppose all the people with the answer's are in a secret society....hmmmm.....

Have you ever noticed that these strange off the wall organizations always start out with the line?

We want you to think for yourself, to learn how to draw upon the higher knowledge already within you. What we provide are simply the tools to enable you to accomplish this.

Then proceed to tell you for just a small donation we will lend you the tools and eventually tell you how you should be thinking for yourself!

Irish

Have you ever noticed that these strange off the wall organizations always start out with the line?

Then proceed to tell you for just a small donation we will lend you the tools and eventually tell you how you should be thinking for yourself!

Irish

How is this any different from how a Christian Church works? Yea, they may not require you to do so, but on a more mental side the abuse is there, you are told to give even if you have so little. Growing up, every month I watched my dad write a check to the Mormon church that amounted to the same amount that he paid monthly for our house. Even in those churches where the basket is passed around, you think they are not watch who is donating and who isn't?

The Rosicrucian order has been around for a long long time. The funny thing about it is, you never here about it. Why? Because they only want people who are serious about what they are looking for and are intent on changing their view on life. I am not affiliated with them any way whatsoever, but I do believe in their cause and I am very interested in learning more about what have to offer.

You are absolutely correct there are many churches fringed and traditional that do the same thing. Avoid them like the plague. For if truth has a price tag we would have been born with the money! Incidentally since you shifted the topic to include Christianity I might add that you don’t have to belong to any church to be a Christian you don’t even have to be religious and most of all the information you need has always been there and free of charge.

All The Best Irish

Hmmm........I just want answers.......I suppose all the people with the answer's are in a secret society....hmmmm.....

ummm, usually people are more likely to give answers when you ask questions. Why don't you ask something

on the money topic, I would like to agree that one must excercise caution when paying a group for religious teachings. Scientologists, from what little I know, are somewhat famous for their infamous for their high fees. I do disagree that one should avoid any organization that has a fee. The fee serves the purpose of ensuring that those who join are interested, and pays for the facilities that you yourself use. While the vatican has a long and prosperous history, not all organization can be expected to have a tremendous supply of money. For that matter, it was stated on an earlier post that they did not use to charge money, thus implying that either new leadership is becoming more corrupted, or they are less able to pay for their overhead. Neither of these should strongly effect the teachings in the organization. I would like to reiterate that I am interested in the Rosicrucians, but I am not a member, nor do I have much information on them (probably no more than a wikipedia page, likely less). The money issue was one of the reasons I wanted to make this post, to see if anyone had had any personal feelings of being financially abused or served by the organization.

Edited by Tokoyo