Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Real and honest religous input needed

ernie_young2002

I was talking to my fiance for some time on Jan 24, 2006 when she saw a halo appear around about my head for about 15 min., I was walking back and forth in my bed room talking to her during that time and in different lighting conditions around the room. I was in the house and it was cloudy outside. the shades were open, but their where no lights on in the room. please help me understand this event!

More information to those who are helping me to explain this event. As far as dust I have a new home with a ultra dust system due to one of my child's colds, as far as moisture the home has a moisture control climate and no one had taken any baths or showers at that time of the day around 11:00 A/M, also my fiance is a very stable person and had no belief in any such things. It is true the word HALO is not in the holy bible. I also, do not believe in such things, but I do believe my fiance saw what she saw that day. So I can still use more honest , real and on-going help to understand this event.

Thank you all Ernie.

ernie_young2002@yahoo.com

Edited by ernie_young2002@yahoo.com

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Link of Hyrule

• Yelekiah

• lismore

• Bebi

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you see the halo too, or just your fiancee?

Could it perhaps have been an optical effect? Anyway halos from what I understand, are borrowed from pagan depictions. There is no Biblical reference to a halo that I am aware of (feel free to correct me if there is a scripture) :)

I agree with yelekiah. Maybe it was a opyical illusion.

You could have been just in a weird place.

I think some halos come from a mixture of moisture in the air and light. It might be possible. But since the lighting changed that is a little strange.

I can't recall halo's anywhere, though Revelation or Daniel might have something :hmm:

An aura of some kind was my first thought, anyway. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't an hallucination, which was why I asked if they both saw it (though if only one saw it it wouldn't necessarily mean it was an hallucination anyway). Optical illusion seems a little strange with the different lighting and atmosphere.

I lot of small insects flying rapidly caught in sunlight can cause halos, as can dust, or on odd occasions a static electric charge can become visible.

I can't recall halo's anywhere, though Revelation or Daniel might have something :hmm:

Hello :innocent:

I think the RCC get the idea of halos from this passage below:

Exodus 34

The Radiant Face of Moses

29 When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the Testimony in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the LORD. 30 When Aaron and all the Israelites saw Moses, his face was radiant, and they were afraid to come near him.

He was shining :o

Are you sure she didn't just see your aura?

From what I know, halos are auras. Depending on the person, auras shapes and colors will vary. People, such as priests, and other people of high athority or whatnot, usualy have a large "halo" around their head. It's just a large aura. Some pictures dipict Jesus with a halo, because some say, long ago, seeing auras was way more common than it is now. And Jesus had a large aura around his head area[didn't look like your average o shaped halo though].

Edited by ZeroShadow

Hello :innocent:

Hi this may seem odd but I noticed your screne name - lismore...It's the name of the comprehencive school I attended lol

Sorry folks off topic but I couldnt help it