Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Travel & My technique

Ziggy Stardust

Are the vibrations the trembling that comes along with the racing heartbeat? Or is it something completely different? I've tried getting out of my body but like the person above, I sat up or rolled over physically. I had come to the conclusion that I was trying to get out at the wrong time. What am I looking for?

Vibrations feel just as it sounds. I have a ring timer for circuit training. It's electronic. And for some odd reason it vibrates. But it dosnt vibrate like if you put it on a glass table it would never make a sound, but you can feel it. Something inside of it is vibrating. Walk around your house find electronics that are on and put your hand on them. See if you can find something that is vibrating on the inside.

When I get home I'll check to see if the microwave is a good analogy. That will be my new quest for anyone reading. I'll find a common houshold item you can put your hand on and feel something similar to astrial vibrations.

No it's no trembeling.... It's definantly vibrations :). Similar to a sustained mild electric shock.

Edited by Seeker79

Wow, it's been years since I last posted here and I'm glad to see this thread still active. I just wanted to get an answer on something that's kind of been confusing me.

I had forgotten all about Astral Travel but found this thread again last week and decided to give it another shot. So I set my alarm for early in the morning and after waking up for a few minutes I laid back down and started trying a few techniques I remember learning a couple years ago. Anyways, after 10 or 15 minutes I felt completely relaxed and I started to imagine myself sitting up, at this time I felt a floaty sensation in my head and upper body, and I could feel myself slowly sitting up. My heart started to race really fast and I got this really heavy, tense feeling in the pit of my stomach to the point where breathing was impossible. After I had sat up almost all of the way I realized I was still in my body and opened my eyes, sure enough I was sitting up in my bed feeling like an idiot.

My question is, what exactly happened? I know I wasn't dreaming because I got up right after this and, went about my day. Is it possible my astral form was trying to get out, but my body wouldn't let go? It's also possible my imagination kind of got the better of me and my body just went with it, but if so why the fast heartbeat and tightness in my stomach? Any help would be appreciated.

That sounds a lot like self-suggestion/hypnosis. Or it could have been that you were not entirely into the dreaming stage and so the body was not entirely paralyzed yet (like when you fight in a dream and wake up to see that, from the way the sheets and blankets look, you were also fighting here...or if you're like me on one occassion, have to invest in some new sheet-rock and move your bed away from walls...LOL).

Tightness in stomach : Did you do a laying sit-up? Wouldn't be much different than the exercise, and would certainly tighten your abs to do that without any momentum before hand, and even more so if done slowly/controlled. That wouldn't do so much for the heart-beat though, unless you're really out of shape or had been holding your breath. You'll know the truth of the first potential. The second is anybody's guess, but holding the breath will result in an increased heart-rate after the first few seconds' of slowed pulse (oxygen).

The self-suggestion thing is pretty easy to replicate. Stand up with both arms level and out front of you. Close your eyes.

Now, over an over again, visualize that you are tying helium balloons to your left wrist and fingers while placing textbooks into your right hand. FEEL those books weighing down heavily on your hand. SEE those balloons in your mind, pulling your left hand up. Note how heavy your right arm feels; how tired you're getting; how hard it is to keep fighting that weight. Watch as those balloons rise ever so higher with your left hand in tow.

Do this for several minutes and then open your eyes.

Unless you consciously try to avoid the experience, your arms will evidence the vision.

@ Seeker

Have you looked into the information available regarding Chakra?

A lot of what I've been reading here sounds very much like the experiences and sensations that come out of stimulating the Chakra.

When you consider that Chakra translates to Endocrine System (not literally, but that's where the Chakric centers are located), that opens up an interesting can of physiological speculation as to the effects of the mind on the body.

I can't quote exactly where, but I do recall reading that the concept was that this is the system that keeps the spiritual body "tethered" within the physical. As a physiological system it is basically responsible for chemical and hormonal regulations that trigger emotional responses (survival) and energy regulation (also survival). Thus, it is this system that can either become the cage to animal nature or our freedom from said nature by becoming aware of and able to overcome these responses via the use of the mind itself...akin to the difference between acting purely out of fear (fight or flight) and the warrior awareness that realizes that fear is energy waiting to be harnessed and directed (still fear, but no reaction without purposeful direction; awareness). "Yes I felt the fear, but I did not fear it." Being survival-oriented, the sense themselves would provide a great deal of feedback to this system; in my opinion through the filter of the pineal. Thus the animal-nature to become too focused on the sensual and pleasing when things get extreme in life (Life becomes painful. To avoid pain the animal seeks pleasure. The wise mind knows that this is no cure & comes at a cost.)

Could be that the process of visualization and relaxed awareness of what is going on is "freeing" us from this bondage. But if you react or flinch, then that part of the system has gotten the better of you and the effort is ruined; if one part of the system is stimulated in this fashion, it most always results in the domino effect, since the whole is interdependent. In essence, by giving these inner reactions "attention", we are giving them influence over the mind rather than maintaining that particular influence for ourselves. The result is that we become the controlled instead. So controlling emotions isn't so much "controlling" but to place the mind in a state of awareness such that those, ultimately, chemical & electrical experiences do not over-ride our authority.

The point of all that being to point out the importance of awareness in these experiences and any approach to them, as well as the similarities between the Chakra/Endocrine systems and the experiences reported by OOB and AT.

Vibrations feel just as it sounds. I have a ring timer for circuit training. It's electronic. And for some odd reason it vibrates. But it dosnt vibrate like if you put it on a glass table it would never make a sound, but you can feel it. Something inside of it is vibrating. Walk around your house find electronics that are on and put your hand on them. See if you can find something that is vibrating on the inside.

When I get home I'll check to see if the microwave is a good analogy. That will be my new quest for anyone reading. I'll find a common houshold item you can put your hand on and feel something similar to astrial vibrations.

No it's no trembeling.... It's definantly vibrations :). Similar to a sustained mild electric shock.

Perhaps it's similar to the vibrations of a standing bass on a gym floor when you're sitting less than a few feet away. For some reason I never felt that again when we had concerts, it must have been that particular arrangement, because I certainly was always in the last few seats of the viola section -.- Is it a high or low frequency?

When I try this I do get some sort of weird feeling but it's very light and I think it's just self suggestion, but it does feel like my bones vibrating,

When I try this I do get some sort of weird feeling but it's very light and I think it's just self suggestion, but it does feel like my bones vibrating,

You will now it for sure when it happens. No doubt.

I'll summarize them. Be warned Im amassing a skeptic fan club, mostly my own fault. It may invite some ridicule. If it does I'll bite my tonge. I love to argue with them, but I don't want it to interfear hear. I was keeping a blog, it's just to much work getting them into electronic format from my written journal.

I'm have been mediatating and conditioning myself for a night journy tonight. I want to find out what this red orb thing is. I'll let you know.

I don't think you're crazy nor am I a skeptic so don't worry, I just like to find out a lot about things, People with aspergers are like that

I don't think you're crazy nor am I a skeptic so don't worry, I just like to find out a lot about things, People with aspergers are like that

Yes I Know, and now you make a little more sense to me.

---- botched it up this morning. I got to vibrations and noises tried flaoting up something was off. A couple of negative thoughts went through my head about the thing going on in my neighbors yard. I used a mentel tecnique I made up to wipe them clean. Floating wasn't happening so just sat up. I got out, but like so many times j did not relize it so I laid back down only to relize I was indeed out. I hate that. It happens alot to me. My three year old has a fevor he was burning up he sliped into be with us. I gave him motrin, my wife is getting ready to go to work, I might get one more chance this morning, if he sleeps.

I have always been interested in Astral Projection, although a bit skeptical. I have tried in the past but am going to try again. Can you go anywhere in time? I have read where people say they have time travelled, or was that remote viewing?

I have always been interested in Astral Projection, although a bit skeptical. I have tried in the past but am going to try again. Can you go anywhere in time? I have read where people say they have time travelled, or was that remote viewing?

I have herd that in time is possible I have Not done that. I have made a few observation that might have been time related. Can't be sure.

I have herd that in time is possible I have Not done that. I have made a few observation that might have been time related. Can't be sure.

Oh wow, do try

Yeah . It would be quite a feat to go back and wittness historical events in person. Somehow I think it's going to be way more complicated than that. If ap would let me get the lotto numbers, heck I would start an ap university.

Tom brown jr, in one if his accounts, traveled back in time to watch an artifact being droped by a passing band of Indians. The trailing shamen noticed him and noded. Latter he claims he went back and actually dug it up.

I also found a rare artifact quite by accident though, right about the time all this started up for me. The artifact thing is quite a common theme I'm finding out. Not sure why.

Failed exit last night at about 2 am. Had alcohol in my system and television was on so I'm not surprised. Heavy vibrations and rushing noises but I just could not exit.

Shortly after that a sleep pralysis incident. I'm not bothered by them any more but ocasionally it tricks me.

I was on the coach and I went back to sleep after my failed exit attemp, I woke up slightly and I could feel the sleep pralysys presence it's not scary at all for me anymore it's just there. Ignoring it I started to go back to sleep when I could hear it breathing. This made me think that maby there really was somebody in the room with me. I leaped off the coach to face it.... Laughing at myself for falling for That old trick again I went up stairs slipped into bed with my wife. Closed my eyes thought about trying an exit again the. Decided not to. Then all of a sudden I was back on my sofa. Dam!!! I was out. False awakening again! This time I physically went up and got on bed with my wife.

Lesson of the night.-------don't drink and astrial project. The two don't mix well.

Edited by Seeker79

This has probably been asked before but this thread is way too long for me to read through it so I apologize now if my question is redundant. For those who are new at it or who are not trying to astral project but it occurs accidentally anyway, how does one keep from having their consciousness slam back into their body creating an internal jolt? It's like the mind becoming aware of what's about to happen so it slams hard on the brakes. Very uncomfortable feeling, how does one stop it?

You may be more sensitive to altered states than others.

Some things to do.

1) make sure you are tired when go to sleep. If you wake up late then go to bed early you are makeing youself vulnarable

2) do not take naps during the day.

3) a hot bath and a couple glesses of win. Bfore bed will help.

4) if you sleep with someone they may be disturbing You in the night ( not sure how to get around that one ) other than good love making before bed. ( I'm not joking )

5) if you learn to astrial project you will gain control over your altered states. Even if you don't practice but have experience, your transitionS will be much smoother.

Good luck.

I've been curious about AP since I saw this thread a while back and just got really close to actually doing it (I think?). I felt intense vibrations beginning to build up and my heart started beating really fast. My bed felt like it was swaying/shaking and the whole experience was very overwhelming. I knew I had to keep focused but I just couldn't! My eyes were twitching really bad and I just couldn't keep them closed to save my life. Any suggestions on how I can improve?

You may be more sensitive to altered states than others.

Some things to do.

1) make sure you are tired when go to sleep. If you wake up late then go to bed early you are makeing youself vulnarable

2) do not take naps during the day.

3) a hot bath and a couple glesses of win. Bfore bed will help.

4) if you sleep with someone they may be disturbing You in the night ( not sure how to get around that one ) other than good love making before bed. ( I'm not joking )

5) if you learn to astrial project you will gain control over your altered states. Even if you don't practice but have experience, your transitionS will be much smoother.

Good luck.

Thank you for the information. I rarely actually try to AP, it just sometimes seems to try to occur on its own during my sleep or that in-between state. A few times I've tried to do it intentionally but that was moreso to try to learn some control over the slam feeling. If I could learn to either stop involuntarily slamming on the brakes and just go or prevent my consciousness from involuntarily trying to AP then I can avoid that unpleasant jolt I get. It's not an everyday occurrence, just occasionally.

Edited by Grok

Your not going to be able to stop leaving your body at night , we have to return to the spirit world every night, but if you do develop ap skills the slam will go away.

Keep us posted.

I've been curious about AP since I saw this thread a while back and just got really close to actually doing it (I think?). I felt intense vibrations beginning to build up and my heart started beating really fast. My bed felt like it was swaying/shaking and the whole experience was very overwhelming. I knew I had to keep focused but I just couldn't! My eyes were twitching really bad and I just couldn't keep them closed to save my life. Any suggestions on how I can improve?

It sounds like your not getting your exit, you Should time your exit technique with vibrations. It seems like this is one of the biggest blocks for people. If your in the mid vibrations just roll out or jump up like on a surf board.

You might actually do it, but most likely you will be out. Careful you might think you actually did it but be out. Always remember to look back at yourself even if you think you are in normal reality. I can't tell you how many times I forget to do that and blow the journy because I think I failed to exit when in truth I'm in spirit.

Edited by Seeker79