Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Travel & My technique

Ziggy Stardust

I have been reading this thread for weeks and have a few questions.

1. Do you have to lie on your back with your palms up? This is an uncomfortable position for me and might be stopping me from having any success.

2. I fall asleep very quickly and never really get past the part where I relax. Should I be more awake but not fully awake?

3. My 9 year old daughter is trying to teach me (she can AP). Could this be having an effect on me as she is my little girl and maybe I have an issue with HER teaching ME something?

I am very much enjoying reading everyone else's accounts of their experiences and am eager to have some of my own :)

Nice....... ( a quick comment on your nine year old. Make double sure....... She only talks about her experiences with you. Make sure she understands that the rest of the world dosnt get it. And most probabaly can't. If she talks about it with other people and receives negative stimulouse..... It may kill her talent. Trust me on this )

1) no. You can lie any position that makes you comfortable. The problem is psycology and exit. If you are lying face down and you project strait out you end up in your bed or floor. Been there done that. That's why I sugest rolling as an exit because it sends you off your bed.

Depending on the position and exit. Rolling will always be fine unless you are sleeping next to someone. Your natural worry is that you roll on them. This is all it takes to kill the exit. I'm starting to recomend now upon reching vibrations just get up very vigourously and walk to a designated spot in the room. This will make you exit with intent.

2) are you following the advice of 3 or 4 am? If your not. 95% of the time you will just fall asleep. You should be have at least 3 hours of sleep just prior to your attempt.

3) children are 100 times more capable than we are. She should not affect you. But if you have any worry and carry it with you. Yes your own issues will have a great affect on you.

Since I can do this, I end up looking after my own son in the spirit world, and mostly his teaching spirits are annoyed with me. I'm like the soccor dad interfearing with the normal spiritual development of my kid. I have back off a bit in relization that it's a process .

Good luck.

Keep us posted on your progress or even what you learn from your daughter.

Nice....... ( a quick comment on your nine year old. Make double sure....... She only talks about her experiences with you. Make sure she understands that the rest of the world dosnt get it. And most probabaly can't. If she talks about it with other people and receives negative stimulouse..... It may kill her talent. Trust me on this )

Yes, we have MANY conversations regarding this! At first I disregarded what she used to say about her travels and then she (in spirit) stood next to my bed and said "Mommy" twice. But she ws up in her bed on the top bunk sound asleep. That is what first made me think she was telling the truth. The next is when I decided to ask her (admittedly extremely skeptically) what happens when she projects and she said she shakes all over "but not like I'm cold, Mom, it's hard to explain" and then she's able to go where she wants to go. She talks now to my mom (who also used to project) and she also reiterates what I tell her about keeping it secret. If she wants to talk about it, she can talk to her or me.

About the 4 am thing: I get up for work about 3-4 am so I try to do it when I lay down to sleep. If I have to have slept for 3 hours or so, I'll have to wait for the weekend to try again.

Thanks!

Question: While you're out of your body, is it possible that your physical body can be taken over by someone else astral projecting or by some other entity, i.e. a ghost, demon, spirit?

I recall reading a book several years ago where the main character astral projected (she was new at it), and another person who was far more experienced at it intentionally astral projected into her body to take it over while the main character was out of her body exploring. It was a fictional story but is this possible?

Yes, we have MANY conversations regarding this! At first I disregarded what she used to say about her travels and then she (in spirit) stood next to my bed and said "Mommy" twice. But she ws up in her bed on the top bunk sound asleep. That is what first made me think she was telling the truth. The next is when I decided to ask her (admittedly extremely skeptically) what happens when she projects and she said she shakes all over "but not like I'm cold, Mom, it's hard to explain" and then she's able to go where she wants to go. She talks now to my mom (who also used to project) and she also reiterates what I tell her about keeping it secret. If she wants to talk about it, she can talk to her or me.

About the 4 am thing: I get up for work about 3-4 am so I try to do it when I lay down to sleep. If I have to have slept for 3 hours or so, I'll have to wait for the weekend to try again.

Thanks!

Yes the shaking is the vibrations. And what you said was exactly what I would expect a child to say. Good job mom. There are very few like you. Or her. Yes weekends might be a good plan for you. But of course it will take you a while to develop skill ...especially on a once a week schedule. But... Don't worry about her.... She is more spiritualy developed than you are... But I'd bet you already knew that... Rest assured that you also travel into the spirit world every night. Your interests are represented. The problem is memory. It's hard to understand I know.

:)

Question: While you're out of your body, is it possible that your physical body can be taken over by someone else astral projecting or by some other entity, i.e. a ghost, demon, spirit?

I recall reading a book several years ago where the main character astral projected (she was new at it), and another person who was far more experienced at it intentionally astral projected into her body to take it over while the main character was out of her body exploring. It was a fictional story but is this possible?

Maby maby maby maby.... I have never met somone so capable. But if you do ., send him/ her my way because I have many questions.

Seeker, you ever been to the astral realm? That was probably a stupid question.

Is it like the real world? Like does it look like it? And do you have problems seeing. (Is it hazy?) Is there night and day? It's confusing. Still trying to figure out what actually happened last night.

Also, can you make cheese come from nowhere? (Objects in general.) Is there like this thing that looks light lightning? Is there snow? What about leaves?

Edited by human_eraser

Seeker... What is the process that you go through to astral project?

You simply lie down with a tired mind, concentrate for a minute, and you're out?

Seeker... What is the process that you go through to astral project?

You simply lie down with a tired mind, concentrate for a minute, and you're out?

I would like to know the answer to this too. Do you do it like the originator of this thread? Do you have to always be sleepy?

Edited by Grok

I'm sorry. I was in a hurry last night and did not read all of your question.

No demons... No evil... Let me explaine. The spirit world is a place of pure

thought. Evil is a product of fear. It just is. There are only two sponsering emotions for everything you do, feel, say, act out. Fear and love. The spirit world will mirror your psycology. Any being that is evil would conjure all kinds of crazyness in the spirit world and be paralyzed. I work with three or 4 people on this very forum every week to over come sleep pralysis nightmares. It's because fear owns their reality..... And they don't even know it. There are no evil demons and spirits......I'm sure some will disagree...... But honestly I don't see how it is possible. I have never encountered an evil entity that was not attached to my own fear. I have watched people stuck in their own nightmares in spirit it's not pretty. There is a hell and you make it with your own mind, and it dosnt go away until until you stop beleiving in silly things like demons and devils. You really are your own worst nightmare in the truest sense of the word.

Sorry I got preechy again..... I'm just pretty passionate about this subject.

Edited by Seeker79

A quick adition to my last post. ( non of this is directed at anyone specific ) :) the demon question is very valid.

If you beleive in spiritual evil stay out of the spirit world. The beings there have no tolerance for primitive minds. It's like a 90lb girl on a football team. Nothing wrong with her, she just dosnt fit in the environment.

If you want to grow your immunity to your fear....... I suggest spending at least 3 or 4 days at a time alone in the wilderness. If you master your psycology doing that the spirit world will be muxh easier for you. You have to do it when you die anyway..... Might aswell get a jump on it.

Edited by Seeker79

Ok then so what about a ghost, spirit, or other human who is astral projecting and decides to inhabit another person's body while they too are AP'ing? In theory does that not seem feasible?

Seeker, you ever been to the astral realm? That was probably a stupid question.

Is it like the real world? Like does it look like it? And do you have problems seeing. (Is it hazy?) Is there night and day? It's confusing. Still trying to figure out what actually happened last night.

Also, can you make cheese come from nowhere? (Objects in general.) Is there like this thing that looks light lightning? Is there snow? What about leaves?

Hahahha yes I have been to many places in the spirit world. It's nothing like this world. We see things in terms we can understand that's why higher vibrational

spirits often communicate in symbols. Night, day, leaves, cars, cloths, doors, pencils, roads, everything is a representation. Those things don't exist in the far off places. They do exist here though. So just flying around your neighborhood roads are roads etc.

It's not really hazy. It's a memory. Think about what you did Tuesday a week ago. Walk your mind through it. It's hazy right? That dosnt mean it was hazy while you were doing it. The other thing is that in spirit you are not experiencing things with your eyes. Your eyes are still In Your head. You are experiencing things with your awareness. This of course leaves lots of room for errors and miss understandings.

Thought forms.

Yes with practice you can create any thing you want. Using these things as tools is a good skill.

Example: I actually create siringes and other things when doing healing or helping work. I have injected many people with a thoughform siringe and a liquid strength. It's all about intent of course, but it is very effective. It's also not new. Shamans have been doing things like this for all of human history.

Ok then so what about a ghost, spirit, or other human who is astral projecting and decides to inhabit another person's body while they too are AP'ing? In theory does that not seem feasible?

Not without permission. I regularly invite several spirits into me for different purposes and I have been alllowed to be in others. I don't think it can be done maliciously. It's just my perspective. Others will think differantly, but honestly there are many people that say lots of things about the spirit world without ever haveing been there. I find some of the things out there highly suspect. Hahaha look at me the skeptic that flys around with spirits. Hahaha that's funny.

I have never herd or talked to anyone that was "posessed" while in the spirit world. I think it's mostly religouse mythology.

The other thing to think about is that....... You probably are not really leaving your body. Only your awareness is moveing and shifting. I doubt your soul is really going anywhere. It doesn't have to. That's why we call it projecting.

Still another thing to think about is the holographic principal. Every part containing the whole. Even in string theory each part of the universe actually contains ever part. This is not hard to understand . In string theory there are many curled up spacial dimentions. These tiny tiny tiny dimentions contain everything in the universe including you, some scientists think this is what gives electrons their spin.. Only In these three expanded dimentions do we get the illusion of seperatness.

No need to "GO" anywhere. You don't need to to build spaceships to travel the stars. You are already there, you just have to shift your awareness.

So you see..,,, it's hard for me to accept that my body is vulnarable if I'm gone... Because I don't think I'm really gone..... Just expanded.

The illusion of travel has to be there so that we understand. It's the only thing we know. We live a relative existance. Complete expansion and non relative existance are to forign for us. When we experience it all we can do is marvel at it. We are pretty much paralyzed because our egos for the moment are destroyed. It's quite an experience. I can do it, but honestly the exctasy is a little unsettling. Like some worry about something inhabiting their body..,,, I worry about not wanting or careing to come back. A student and a teacher a while back warned me to set bounderies. I have. It's an old saying " those who are to heavenly minded are not earthly bound" for the moment I have way to many responsibilities to not be earthly bound.

Anyway. Don't worry about things inhabiting your body, there are far to many things to do out there and malicious intent is chaos in the spirit world. any being with thoughts like that would be out of control and unable to focus to acomplish such a thing. And one more thing....,,,, dont take this the wrong way..,,, we are actually not that special :)

Edited by Seeker79

LOL, no worries, I'm not taking anything the wrong way. I'm just asking questions because I find the whole thing fascinating; I don't actually do any AP'ing.

So Seeker, do you mind answering the questions that both Thesantanafan and myself posted earlier today about your process/technique?

Oh yeah, I forgot.

Sure keep in mind That I'm at a point now where I can feel the doorway (so to speak) in my mind. If it is opened I can walk through it quit easily. I can't really explain it. It's purely an experiential feeling.

Certain character traits and physical development will help tremendously

1) pilanthropy ...... Constantly giving to others . (Take a 100 bucks buy cj burgers and a case of beer and water. Go into the city and give every homeless person you meet a burger a beer and a water) deep personal pilanthropy. Become a mentor in a big brothers big sisters program. Give every chance you get. I have a business ( martial arts school), and I make my services totally free with no questions asked if someone looses their job or can't aford it. I'm not trying to sound like some saint, but if you are extended to others the spirits will be extended to you and help you grow. It's a componant I think that's largly missed.

2) fear work and self reflection. The more you conquer fears and anxiety the more capable you will be. Alone in the wilderness for days or even weeks at a time forces you to be completely Alone with yourself and your fears. After the third day your thoughts turn inward.

3) body awareness. I have been in martial arts my entire life, but dance is good to. Also I think Robert Bruce's energy work would be helpful. Haveing decent spacial awareness is very helpful

4) meditation practice. Meditation is key. I would be very surprised if anyone had decent success without a consistant mediatation practice.

My process

If I want travel at night I will mediatate for an hour then take a nap at about 3-6 or so often listening to Tibetan meditation music or drumming. Then go to bed at 10. And start my journy. Or I'll wake up at 2 or three read something for an hour then go.

To initiate I relax close my eyes and see the blackness behind my eyes as a three dimentional space. I watch my nural discharges and wipe away any errant thoughts that show up. This is where it gets tricky. You guys will simply have to hold this state until you feel vibrations. After you have been doing for a while at least for me I can tell when the "door " is open and push my conciousness through it. I wish I could explaine it better, but I dont know how.

Right as vibrations start I hear the loud waterfall rushing noise. This is when I exit either by just getting up very quickly, rolling, or floating up. Floating up is not a visualization, it's as if you have muscles to propel you upwards.

That's it. Not a hole lot to the actualy process. Sometimes I can just feel that my mind is in the right spot and I can do it in seconds. Other times I try and try for hours ....., and nothing. Most the time it's successful though

Edited by Seeker79

Got a question for any AP experts. I can get to the "vibrational state" everytime I try to AP..Everything just dies down after that. I feel like its about to happen and it just doesnt. Im not afraid at all, ive done it so much ive managed to keep my heart from racing. So, once you get to the vibrational state what do you do? Do you imagine yourself being somewhere else in first person? or does it matter what perspective you choose.

You should be trying to exit when you feel vibrations. Try rolling really hard to one side when you feel them.

I found it. My space heater has a soft vibration to it. If you have a space heater put your hand on the back of it while it's on. That's what vibrations feel like. I'll see if I can find something else.

Does someone knows a good akashic consultant?

I'm practising already a long time AP. But still can't leave my body. I would like to ask the akashic book/records something about my health.

I asked already 2 akashic consultants. Some questions they answered OK. But for the "burning question" (about health) they weren't able

to seek some good information. And then they started to give their own advices.

I think it's not easy to find out if the advice came from the akashic record or from the akashic consultant.

(I know, there are other ways to reach the akashic records. But I would like to master the AP... and do other cool things beside reading the akashic records.)

It's interessting. On "earth" there are no answers for my question (about my "illness")... Just "speculations". And in the akashic records it seems that there are no answer too. :/

So if someone knows a good akashic consultant please let me know. (I need someone who works like a "channel". Just ask my questions and redirect the answers to me) :)

Maybe I can focus more on AP when I know the answer for the specific question.

Outofbody , what is your illness? If it's personal pm me? If you are searching for something beyond medical help and need quick answers. A vision quest might start you off in the right direction. The other question I have, is are you an adult?

So try to leave the body when your whole body is vibrating by "rolling" out. Now if you try to roll you might actually move your body then you gotta try again the next night. Heres another question I had, will my eyes be open when doing this? I know my eyes are closed before I leave, I mean after you leave the body. Do you feel like you can look around? or is what you 'see' just in your head.

keep in mind That I'm at a point now where I can feel the doorway (so to speak) in my mind. If it is opened I can walk through it quit easily. I can't really explain it. It's purely an experiential feeling.

Certain character traits and physical development will help tremendously

1) pilanthropy ...... Constantly giving to others . (Take a 100 bucks buy cj burgers and a case of beer and water. Go into the city and give every homeless person you meet a burger a beer and a water) deep personal pilanthropy. Become a mentor in a big brothers big sisters program. Give every chance you get. I have a business ( martial arts school), and I make my services totally free with no questions asked if someone looses their job or can't aford it. I'm not trying to sound like some saint, but if you are extended to others the spirits will be extended to you and help you grow. It's a componant I think that's largly missed.

2) fear work and self reflection. The more you conquer fears and anxiety the more capable you will be. Alone in the wilderness for days or even weeks at a time forces you to be completely Alone with yourself and your fears. After the third day your thoughts turn inward.

3) body awareness. I have been in martial arts my entire life, but dance is good to. Also I think Robert Bruce's energy work would be helpful. Haveing decent spacial awareness is very helpful

4) meditation practice. Meditation is key. I would be very surprised if anyone had decent success without a consistant mediatation practice.

My process

If I want travel at night I will mediatate for an hour then take a nap at about 3-6 or so often listening to Tibetan meditation music or drumming. Then go to bed at 10. And start my journy. Or I'll wake up at 2 or three read something for an hour then go.

To initiate I relax close my eyes and see the blackness behind my eyes as a three dimentional space. I watch my nural discharges and wipe away any errant thoughts that show up. This is where it gets tricky. You guys will simply have to hold this state until you feel vibrations. After you have been doing for a while at least for me I can tell when the "door " is open and push my conciousness through it. I wish I could explaine it better, but I dont know how.

Right as vibrations start I hear the loud waterfall rushing noise. This is when I exit either by just getting up very quickly, rolling, or floating up. Floating up is not a visualization, it's as if you have muscles to propel you upwards.

That's it. Not a hole lot to the actualy process. Sometimes I can just feel that my mind is in the right spot and I can do it in seconds. Other times I try and try for hours ....., and nothing. Most the time it's successful though

Just quoting this because I think it's useful for people to see