Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Travel & My technique

Ziggy Stardust

Congrats Seeker.

Are there any physical sensations one feels immediately after when they've returned to their body? For example, nausea, slight headache, or altered hearing as if one needs to cause their ears to pop to get their full hearing back? Anything at all? Or does one feel nothing?

Not me. The only odd thing that I feel is that I was never gone. One would expect comeing out of trance would feel like waking up. It dosnt. One moment your somewhere else then the next your back. I swear sometimes I don't even think my eyes were closed. It amazes me every time. I never get used to it.

Oh..... Sometimes I will gasp upon comeing back...... But it's a reaction like a " holy **** I can't believe that just happened" kind of thing. It's surprise really. Something somebody might do if all of a sudden they wittnessed a building fall or some other crazy event. It only happens when something increadible was happening like when I reached into my sister in law. And I come back out of surprise.

Edited by Seeker79

I started a vegetable and herb garden last year, I was so happy. It is very soothing. All my cayenne plants were covered in peppers about to ripe, and my basil was huge and beautiful (the healthiest I have ever had). Then there was a hard freeze for about 4 days last week then another 2 right before the weekend. It killed everything, even though they were covered. I was soooo sad, but I guess I'll start over. I need a bigger area anyway, it will be better for my plants. It will also give me room to add more variety, I found it's something I truly enjoy. I also want to grow a flower garden, I want to slowly cover my house in plants. When I was younger I pictured myself older reading in a backyard covered in trees and plants... So that is what I work towards. So one day my yard will look like the Garden District, until I can actually move there. lol.

Oooh!! I should add... I have an owl living in my tree now, I think she has been there for about a week. It's very special, I can't even begin to describe the feeling it gives me. I'm so happy. I also saw one come down and swoop pray up of the ground, while I was getting on the freeway the other night, VERY special!! =D

I wish you the best on your journey, I hope everything continues falling into place for you!

There is an owl that flies over my business just about every night. I never see him/her but I hear his/her chirps. It's funny I could time my watch by his/her apearance accept he/she moves the time just a tad each night to adjust fir the changing lengths in the night. The owl is on real time. Off a few minutes each day in one direction then after the equinox/solstice a few minutes each day in the other. It's quit interesting..... Their internal clock.

Edited by Seeker79

So the other night I was dreaming and was able to become lucid. I was in some hotel at a party and there was a man who was explaining the way time and life/death work. It was really hard to follow, but I did my best to keep up. I never saw this guy, but I could sense his presence.

He explained to me how to turn my lucid dream into astral projection, which was strange to me because I am still unclear of the difference. I have read that LD and AP are the same, but other places say they are not.

Anyway, he sent me to the opposite side of the room and told me to go to him. I could not have walked because there were lots of party goers there, some of which I recognized. So I willed myself to be where he was and when I did this he explained more to me, which I cannot recall. I remember ending up back to my original position. At this point the party disappeared when I decided to see if I could float through the ceiling. I did so and was amazed to say the least. I flew maybe 50 feet before I was attacked by a large bat. I mean huge. The size of a cow. I kept yelling at it telling it that it had no power over me, something I have done in the past to shadows I've seen during sleep paralysis. The struggle ended, I don't know where the bat went, but I ended up on the ground in the parking lot. I could feel everything getting hazy, so I looked at my hands and watched them melt. At this point I felt invincible! I walked about 10 feet and woke up...

I ran to the bathroom so I could write in my dream journal in the light. I felt amazing during and after this experience. My question is, was I able to AP from my dream or was I just dreaming. This happened last week and I have been unable to recreate the same effects, even though some of my dreams have been outlandish.

Any insight is appreciated, as I am not sure what happened. Thanks!

So the other night I was dreaming and was able to become lucid. I was in some hotel at a party and there was a man who was explaining the way time and life/death work. It was really hard to follow, but I did my best to keep up. I never saw this guy, but I could sense his presence.

He explained to me how to turn my lucid dream into astral projection, which was strange to me because I am still unclear of the difference. I have read that LD and AP are the same, but other places say they are not.

Anyway, he sent me to the opposite side of the room and told me to go to him. I could not have walked because there were lots of party goers there, some of which I recognized. So I willed myself to be where he was and when I did this he explained more to me, which I cannot recall. I remember ending up back to my original position. At this point the party disappeared when I decided to see if I could float through the ceiling. I did so and was amazed to say the least. I flew maybe 50 feet before I was attacked by a large bat. I mean huge. The size of a cow. I kept yelling at it telling it that it had no power over me, something I have done in the past to shadows I've seen during sleep paralysis. The struggle ended, I don't know where the bat went, but I ended up on the ground in the parking lot. I could feel everything getting hazy, so I looked at my hands and watched them melt. At this point I felt invincible! I walked about 10 feet and woke up...

I ran to the bathroom so I could write in my dream journal in the light. I felt amazing during and after this experience. My question is, was I able to AP from my dream or was I just dreaming. This happened last week and I have been unable to recreate the same effects, even though some of my dreams have been outlandish.

It sounds like several things happened. You were dreaming not ap. Lucid reams are very different from ap. This is prooven scientifically. I Have a source if anyone is interested. Brainwave patterns are different.

Just because you were dreaming dosnt mean you can't talk

to spirits. It sounds like you have a guide trying to help

you grow. I suppose you can ap from lucid dreams but almost all of my dreams are lucid and I can't manage it...... I have tried. Dosnt mean that others can't though. I'm sure you were about to or did.

The bat was a phenominon kown as the guardian. It's job is to keep you in your body unless you are developed enough to defeat it. I sugest next time you are lucid or if you manage to ap go hunting for it. let me know if you need any help.

Dreams are going to be scenerio driven. Things will happen to you. 90% of events in ap are going to be self initiated. When you are lucid dreaming you can ask your self if you are dreaming and the answer will be yes. When you are aping the answer will be no.

When you create obes with the methods on this thread, you will never loose conciousness. This is the easiest way to know you are not dreaming because you never Fell asleep.

Oh wait!!! You said you defeated the bat.... Then felt invincable. Yes! You may have defeated the gurdian for now. Excellent! Good job!!!! You still may want to go get it one more time. Hunting it gives you mire medacine.

Oh wait!!! You said you defeated the bat.... Then felt invincable. Yes! You may have defeated the gurdian for now. Excellent! Good job!!!! You still may want to go get it one more time. Hunting it gives you mire medacine.

So is this the guardian himself in the form of the bat? Or is he testing me with things like this? I am Native American and have had a lot of experiences with creatures or things of different sorts in dreams and sleep paralysis which have superstitious beliefs behind them. My dad feels them often, and in his it is often a bull or men who wish to do him harm. They used to scare the crap out of me until one day I sat up, not physically, and yelled "Go away, leave me alone." They stopped and this is the first time in a long time that I had a feeling of threat from anything in my dreams.

Should I be aggressive toward these things? Thank you so much for your help. Most of the advice I've received in the past is more of the "don't be afraid or they'll have power over you" mindset but not really to face them. I would really like to understand.

Edited by Lusca_2112

Well that's how I did it. I don't recomend that for everyone, but overcoming something physically gives you a tremendouse amount of power over it. I fought the sleep pralysis spirit in what amounts to hand to hand combat. It was doing the whole open the door as it comes for you routine, but I was ready for it. I met it at the door ( out of body) and we fought like animals. I'm a lifelong martial artist so elbows, knees, eye gouges, multiple hammer fists muy Thai leg kicks. We ended up on the stairs I was on top pummeling it. Then I grabed it by the face and started screaming at it about all those years of scaring the crap out of me, and that I could get out of body now so if it ever bothers me again I'm going to kick it's ass every time.

It then became one of my guides. It and 2 other spirits taught me how to fly that night.

The guardian then came for me but I was beginning to understand. I went back. But another night the guardian attacked. But this time those three spirits were there consoling me. But I was p***ed. I went looking for it, two of the spirits came with me. When I found it I destroyed it physically.

It was a huge psycological shift for me. I then became immune to fear in the spirit world. Even the material world very little scares me unless it has to do with my kids. It's a powerful place to be.

That's how i did it. I think the guardian is related to your fear more than a seperate spirit. The sleep paralysis spirit however for me is a monk like character. He is like an asthetic that has chosen to be the wipping boy. His roll is to keep people in their bodies or unaware of so the don't go mucking around.

That's what I have observed anyway. It's really hard to be sure of these things.

Well that's how I did it. I don't recomend that for everyone, but overcoming something physically gives you a tremendouse amount of power over it. I fought the sleep pralysis spirit in what amounts to hand to hand combat. It was doing the whole open the door as it comes for you routine, but I was ready for it. I met it at the door ( out of body) and we fought like animals. I'm a lifelong martial artist so elbows, knees, eye gouges, multiple hammer fists muy Thai leg kicks. We ended up on the stairs I was on top pummeling it. Then I grabed it by the face and started screaming at it about all those years of scaring the crap out of me, and that I could get out of body now so if it ever bothers me again I'm going to kick it's ass every time.

It then became one of my guides. It and 2 other spirits taught me how to fly that night.

The guardian then came for me but I was beginning to understand. I went back. But another night the guardian attacked. But this time those three spirits were there consoling me. But I was p***ed. I went looking for it, two of the spirits came with me. When I found it I destroyed it physically.

It was a huge psycological shift for me. I then became immune to fear in the spirit world. Even the material world very little scares me unless it has to do with my kids. It's a powerful place to be.

That's how i did it. I think the guardian is related to your fear more than a seperate spirit. The sleep paralysis spirit however for me is a monk like character. He is like an asthetic that has chosen to be the wipping boy. His roll is to keep people in their bodies or unaware of so the don't go mucking around.

That's what I have observed anyway. It's really hard to be sure of these things.

As I think back on the sleep paralysis experiences, none of them ever tried to harm me the way this thing in my dreams did. My first experiences with sleep paralysis, it was more of an understanding that something was there. I could hear it doing things in my room, like moving things around and looking through my stuff.

The first time I encountered a being, I remember I was dreaming and, funny enough, at a party. I lied down for some reason and my friend was walking over to me. At this point I woke up and was in sleep paralysis. I could see this massively tall shadow walk slowly around my bed and stand next to me. Of course I was freaked out. It then began to rub my back with both hands as if reassuring me. I didn't interpret it that way at the time however. After rubbing my back, it just walked away the same way it walked in. Is it possible that this was a test or some way of trying to invite me into something and I failed? If so I wish that at the time I was able to think more clearly and possibly attempt to open some channel of communication. It's the most scared I've been in my life, but nothing bad happened to me at the time.

Still trying to Astral Project though, hope I'm successful soon!

I do beleive over comeing sleep pralysis is a test. I think people that have it cronic are talented at astrial projection, And spirits know this. but they have to get over the fear before they can function out there.

Well, I tell you about my two dreams. The first one was last night, and the stranger one I had tonight.

The first one I had, I was in my exercise room just looking at the window, and suddenly it started snowing. I'm like "sweet." So the snow picks up in intensity, and bigger flakes start to fall. I was like "This is awesome!" (I had a snow dream once before this a while ago, I was stuck in a car during a blizzard and when I got out it changed to rain. :( ) The flakes get bigger and bigger, getting to be an unrealistic size. The wind picks up, and soon these "sideways tornados" form made out of snow. I think there are two, maybe three. I'm alarmed at this, I start to walk away. But it starts to suck me in. I pass right through the wall, and now I'm flying (no legs) to this tornado-thing. When I get to it, I feel a strange feeling, it was really weird, I can't describe it. Another person in another thread that it's possible to feel a strange feeling when your astral body joins your real body, but I thought I was dreaming. Anyway, I wake up normally thereafter.

The second dream is longer and more detailed.

It starts where I see some people playing in a field and riding horses. I talk to them, and this guy a similar age to mine said he was going to pull a prank on the oil refinery. (Which was next to the field.) So he takes some matches and I go with him. We get to this fire area, he turns on the gas which turns the fire on. He pours a flammable liquid everywhere. He takes a match and lights it. We run away. A huge fie starts. What we didn't know is that we were on a slight hill, and the liquid started to follow us, with it igniting close behind. So we run for a bit, then I leave that field and get transported to a 2 story building. I guess there was a party, as I could see most of my family members there, plus a couple of friends were there also. So I go in, party for a bit, mingle a little with my friends. (I have no idea what I said.) All of a sudden something happens, this random person says "SOMEONE HELP! THEY'RE FROZEN IN THE BASEMENT!" Everyone gasps. I'm like "Come again?" Everyone ignores me. And after a minute someone said they "unfreezed" and everything was fine. So I party some more, and the same thing happens again with the basement. So I decide to go down, but instead I float through the floor. When I see them they're all frozen in place! And my dad was down there also, so I was scared. When I saw him a voice said "You are always frozen before you ______" As I couldn't hear the rest. I somehow get the idea that I can unfreeze them by using the thing you use to get cars moving when the battery's dead... a cable. So I then go on this journey which would take forever for me to explain, if I failed I would restart it, always with a very scary train ride back to the building. So I eventually get it, I get to the building, and there is an automatic pistol which I randomly pick up. I float (more like drop) through the floor and into the basement. However, it was not frozen. When I landed on the ground, it froze again. Once again, a voice says while I'm frozen, "You are always frozen before you ______" This time I wake up right before the "_____" and guess what, I'm frozen in SP! I'm in a really good mood at this time, (sarcasm) and I start to go up... but only my head gets out, staring up, (room looks normal... no lightning or anything) but my legs refused to leave. It felt very strange. I had feeling in my legs, they were frozen, but the rest of my body was above my physical body slightly. This was only for an instant, the next thing I know I'm awake. I look around in bed, get my barrings straight, flick the lights on and off to make sure it wasn't a false awakening, and turn the computer on as it was 5:59 AM exactly when I looked at the clock.

Another thing to add is 2 nights ago, when I woke up my left arm was sore again, it felt exactly the same the night I AP'd. Also, I heard someone say things in the Astral world usually manifest themselves in the real world given enough time, and what do ya know, ever since I projected the snow has been melting. It's almost gone now.

@Lusca_2112 that's weird, nice job! Haha we both had something related to a party.

Edited by human_eraser

Well, I tell you about my two dreams. The first one was last night, and the stranger one I had tonight.

The first one I had, I was in my exercise room just looking at the window, and suddenly it started snowing. I'm like "sweet." So the snow picks up in intensity, and bigger flakes start to fall. I was like "This is awesome!" (I had a snow dream once before this a while ago, I was stuck in a car during a blizzard and when I got out it changed to rain. :( ) The flakes get bigger and bigger, getting to be an unrealistic size. The wind picks up, and soon these "sideways tornados" form made out of snow. I think there are two, maybe three. I'm alarmed at this, I start to walk away. But it starts to suck me in. I pass right through the wall, and now I'm flying (no legs) to this tornado-thing. When I get to it, I feel a strange feeling, it was really weird, I can't describe it. Another person in another thread that it's possible to feel a strange feeling when your astral body joins your real body, but I thought I was dreaming. Anyway, I wake up normally thereafter.

The second dream is longer and more detailed.

It starts where I see some people playing in a field and riding horses. I talk to them, and this guy a similar age to mine said he was going to pull a prank on the oil refinery. (Which was next to the field.) So he takes some matches and I go with him. We get to this fire area, he turns on the gas which turns the fire on. He pours a flammable liquid everywhere. He takes a match and lights it. We run away. A huge fie starts. What we didn't know is that we were on a slight hill, and the liquid started to follow us, with it igniting close behind. So we run for a bit, then I leave that field and get transported to a 2 story building. I guess there was a party, as I could see most of my family members there, plus a couple of friends were there also. So I go in, party for a bit, mingle a little with my friends. (I have no idea what I said.) All of a sudden something happens, this random person says "SOMEONE HELP! THEY'RE FROZEN IN THE BASEMENT!" Everyone gasps. I'm like "Come again?" Everyone ignores me. And after a minute someone said they "unfreezed" and everything was fine. So I party some more, and the same thing happens again with the basement. So I decide to go down, but instead I float through the floor. When I see them they're all frozen in place! And my dad was down there also, so I was scared. When I saw him a voice said "You are always frozen before you ______" As I couldn't hear the rest. I somehow get the idea that I can unfreeze them by using the thing you use to get cars moving when the battery's dead... a cable. So I then go on this journey which would take forever for me to explain, if I failed I would restart it, always with a very scary train ride back to the building. So I eventually get it, I get to the building, and there is an automatic pistol which I randomly pick up. I float (more like drop) through the floor and into the basement. However, it was not frozen. When I landed on the ground, it froze again. Once again, a voice says while I'm frozen, "You are always frozen before you ______" This time I wake up right before the "_____" and guess what, I'm frozen in SP! I'm in a really good mood at this time, (sarcasm) and I start to go up... but only my head gets out, staring up, (room looks normal... no lightning or anything) but my legs refused to leave. It felt very strange. I had feeling in my legs, they were frozen, but the rest of my body was above my physical body slightly. This was only for an instant, the next thing I know I'm awake. I look around in bed, get my barrings straight, flick the lights on and off to make sure it wasn't a false awakening, and turn the computer on as it was 5:59 AM exactly when I looked at the clock.

Another thing to add is 2 nights ago, when I woke up my left arm was sore again, it felt exactly the same the night I AP'd. Also, I heard someone say things in the Astral world usually manifest themselves in the real world given enough time, and what do ya know, ever since I projected the snow has been melting. It's almost gone now.

@Lusca_2112 that's weird, nice job! Haha we both had something related to a party.

Woah, sounds hectic! Yeah, I'm not sure what the party things all about. I don't go to that many, and to tell you the truth they aren't that much fun for me. Your dreams sound like they are full of entertainment.

Eeeerrrrggggg. It's my blog.

A man awake.

Let me see if I can log out. Then get the link

I'm not going to be able to post a link I have to be logged in to find it, but the lInk ends up only being something that I can go to. Because there are editng fetures.

My blog is "A man awake". I think you can find it at my profile. I want to keep this thread about learning so I will not be posting journies here. Someone else can probably post a link.

I'm not going to be able to post a link I have to be logged in to find it, but the lInk ends up only being something that I can go to. Because there are editng fetures.

My blog is "A man awake". I think you can find it at my profile. I want to keep this thread about learning so I will not be posting journies here. Someone else can probably post a link.

even on your profile are no blog entries. did you have "published" them? (normally... in some blog systems you have to save and publish your posts)

even on your profile are no blog entries. did you have "published" them? (normally... in some blog systems you have to save and publish your posts)

Ha your right I did not relize there was more. It's tough to do it on my iPhone.

So now that I have figured out how to publish, you guys can read it. Thanks outofbody.

Very interesting if not chaotic journy this morning. I learned 2 things

1) odd positions and being uncomfortable sends odd sensations to your astrial body.

2) skin deep vibrations can feel like trembling. This was happening to someone here, and I said trembling was not vibrations...., it's not, but it sure the hell feels like trembling. This also makes me think that deep chest vibrations might be something that people are misinterpreting as a fluttering heart. I have never had s fluttering heart sensation but many deep chest vibrations..... I can easily see how the two might be confused.

Read about it on my blog

a man awake. constructive Comments are welcomed and apreciated.

Edited by Seeker79

So now that I have figured out how to publish, you guys can read it. Thanks outofbody.

Very interesting if not chaotic journy this morning. I learned 2 things

1) odd positions and being uncomfortable sends odd sensations to your astrial body.

2) skin deep vibrations can feel like trembling. This was happening to someone here, and I said trembling was not vibrations...., it's not, but it sure the hell feels like trembling. This also makes me think that deep chest vibrations might be something that people are misinterpreting as a fluttering heart. I have never had s fluttering heart sensation but many deep chest vibrations..... I can easily see how the two might be confused.

Read about it on my blog

a man awake. constructive Comments are welcomed and apreciated.

Very cool read. Lots of insight. Thanks for posting these.

Very cool read. Lots of insight. Thanks for posting these.

Hahahaha....... I must have looked like a goof to that thing, sliding across the room fighting my misinterpretation of sensations, makeing faces at it. It thought me worthy of a visit, I think I might have blown it.

Oh, well maby it will come back.

Hahahaha....... I must have looked like a goof to that thing, sliding across the room fighting my misinterpretation of sensations, makeing faces at it. It thought me worthy of a visit, I think I might have blown it.

Oh, well maby it will come back.

Do you have any ideas of what it could have been or what it could have wanted?

Do you have any ideas of what it could have been or what it could have wanted?

No....... It's reaaction was pretty much what I would have given a drunk man. I feel pretty stupid. But I'm a child at all of this...,, so hopefully it is forgivable.