Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Travel & My technique

Ziggy Stardust

I have come to the conclusion that this is something that I really need to do.

So as of now, I am going to resume my attempts.

Let's hope I don't take 3 years to reach my goal.

Ignore this post; computer decided to bug out and redo the same action fifty times. <_<

Edited by Xelane

I'm becoming more interested in astral projection as I've had two unintentional astral projections and one intentional. Just some questions first. Why can't you go far away your first time? What is the astral plane, just a place for our spiritual body to go very similar to the physical plane?

Also how do you keep calm when you start to get sensations, Everything is morbid and terrifying, images of death, people threatening me, feeling of things crawling onto my bed. ect.

I can almost never get past it it just throws me off.

Well traveling to far off places takes some focus and intent. It's not that you can't, it's just that most people loose control. You also have no experience flying or traveling there. You should not expect to know how to fly right away. It takes practice. I'm still practicing. Your thoughts are your controls. If you don't gave them under control you will end up who knows where.

Astral plane? Not sure really..... a middle place mirroring the physical maby. There are many other places than local 1.

Nothing is morbid for me anymore. Although I did struggle for years with what your talking about with those things then I overcame them. You have to learn to be a calm observer. Everyone carries so much junk with them. So much anxiety, so many personal issues. These things hang on your soul quit literaly. You have to shed them in meditation, actions, and prayer. If you get out you can also deal with them there. Learning to be alone in the wilderness is probabaly the quickest way to shed these issues and face yourself. A week alone in deep wilderness 2 or 3 times a year will calm all of these issues.

Guides will help you if you get out, but you are going to have to activly persue what holds you back. Possibly go to war with it.

If you defeat these things a huge weight will be lifted off of your shoulders. I can't explaine it....... But "enlightenment" has a new literal meaning for me. It's awesome.

Edited by Seeker79

A week alone in deep wilderness 2 or 3 times a year will calm all of these issues.

Wow, I never knew you did that. That must be pretty scary if your alone!

I slept on my side an not on my back, that really inhibits dreams of any kind. But it makes me always wake up at 4-5 AM time frame. Just before when I'm supposed to get up at 7:30. I probably have never slept through an entire night if I go to bed at my normal bedtime. That's what caused my AP in the first place, and the first time I had the vibrations. My mind was awake, but my body was asleep. I AP'd it seemed for around thirty minutes from 5:45 - 6:15, just as the sun was coming up. And I got there from 45 minutes of deep relaxation and finding myself in SP.

Anyway, for last night's sleep, I definitely woke up in NREM sleep, most likely Stage N2 before going into Stage N3 (slow-wave sleep) where things such as night terrors, talking in your sleep etc. occur.

Also, I believe the transition period from Stage N3 to REM sleep is the best chance for SP, but I'm not sure.

Wow, I never knew you did that. That must be pretty scary if your alone!

I slept on my side an not on my back, that really inhibits dreams of any kind. But it makes me always wake up at 4-5 AM time frame. Just before when I'm supposed to get up at 7:30. I probably have never slept through an entire night if I go to bed at my normal bedtime. That's what caused my AP in the first place, and the first time I had the vibrations. My mind was awake, but my body was asleep. I AP'd it seemed for around thirty minutes from 5:45 - 6:15, just as the sun was coming up. And I got there from 45 minutes of deep relaxation and finding myself in SP.

Anyway, for last night's sleep, I definitely woke up in NREM sleep, most likely Stage N2 before going into Stage N3 (slow-wave sleep) where things such as night terrors, talking in your sleep etc. occur.

Also, I believe the transition period from Stage N3 to REM sleep is the best chance for SP, but I'm not sure.

I have some articles on how ap relates to brainwaves. If you would like to see Them. OBEs do not occure during REM. Nor any normal dream state. On some subjects btainwave patterns even change. with Lucid dreams scientists can train people to give eye signals once they are in the lucid dream. This is not he same with what AP. Scientifically something totaly different Is going on.

Unfortunatly on going research seems to be almost non existant except or NDEs. Probably do to APs new age status, scientists don't want to touch it. People that can create OBEs at will are also very very rare. They also ttend to be highly spiritual and don't have an interest in being studied...... That would be me.

Yes traveling alone in the wilderness is scary at first. Most people cannot be alone with themselves for very long, but in truth you are much safer there than driving to work. By the third day, your thoughts turn inward, it's quite an amazing time. When you come out you are changed everytime. It's a wonderful way to overcome fear. A week alone and you are

no longer bothered by what goes bump in the night.

I go whenever I can swing it. I practice aboriginal skills , I meditate, I ap every morning exploring the spirits of the forest, and workng on a thought form project I have. I also try to only eat what I can forage and trap. You should taste my termite and swamp onion stew!!!!!! Ok so I cheet and add a chicken bullion cube..... I'm sure the spirits don't mind.

I have some articles on how ap relates to brainwaves. If you would like to see Them. OBEs do not occure during REM. Nor any normal dream state. On some subjects btainwave patterns even change. with Lucid dreams scientists can train people to give eye signals once they are in the lucid dream. This is not he same with what AP. Scientifically something totaly different Is going on.

Unfortunatly on going research seems to be almost non existant except or NDEs. Probably do to APs new age status, scientists don't want to touch it. People that can create OBEs at will are also very very rare. They also ttend to be highly spiritual and don't have an interest in being studied...... That would be me.

Yes traveling alone in the wilderness is scary at first. Most people cannot be alone with themselves for very long, but in truth you are much safer there than driving to work. By the third day, your thoughts turn inward, it's quite an amazing time. When you come out you are changed everytime. It's a wonderful way to overcome fear. A week alone and you are

no longer bothered by what goes bump in the night.

I go whenever I can swing it. I practice aboriginal skills , I meditate, I ap every morning exploring the spirits of the forest, and workng on a thought form project I have. I also try to only eat what I can forage and trap. You should taste my termite and swamp onion stew!!!!!! Ok so I cheet and add a chicken bullion cube..... I'm sure the spirits don't mind.

I would love to do this. I need to make it a goal for the next few years to make this a habit.

Hmm. After lurking for 283 pages, I think it's time to join. orz

I've been researching Astral Projection and related occurrences for a few years now, but I've never been able to consciously have an OBE.

Mainly because it scares the living crap out of me. Just last night, I mentioned it to my boyfriend, and he researched it and attempted AP, and somehow succeeded. I really, truly want to project, but there's a block in me, somehow. Like, I think of projecting, but my fear and skepticism get in the way. I know there are so many things I'm missing, but...

Alright. I've gotten up to the vibrations, and I've tried many methods. I think I'll try this one tonight, but I'm not really positive...

akljsgfklsagfka.

I think my main issue is that I'm too eager. I want to project to badly. I know it's real, and I want to prove it to the logical part of myself, but I try too hard and fail, and then I become skeptical.

tl;dr:

Scared, skeptical, too eager. I've tried many techniques. What do.

I have some articles on how ap relates to brainwaves. If you would like to see Them. OBEs do not occure during REM. Nor any normal dream state.

Sure! I would love to see them.

Since a few days I have a lot of short vibration storms when I practise. I mean, the vibrations come multiple times during a session up to 0.5 - 1sec.

Anyone with same experiences?

A "WTF moment" to explain.

So I'm in bed, I'm not preparing for AP or anything, I am on my side. All of a sudden I get a "twitch" which feels like Someone kicked me in the back, or bent my back! Right while I'm awake! It felt like my back arched while laying in bed! Weird! But the real weird thing is is that if my body moved, I would have fallen off the bed. Also at this time, my dog, who was sleeping, started to make some deep breaths while sleeping.

My brain says it was a twitch, my spirituality says my dog was having an OBE and rammed into my astral body, which was aligned with my physical body.

Sorry for double post, but my iPhone doesn't let me edit my posts.

Anyway, after staring at my dog, I just watched her go through SWS (short wave sleep) and REM. SWS leads up to REM, and is characterized my deep breathing. (like what my dog was doing) She then went through some pretty intense twitching, which was REM. It was only about 8 mins b4 she woke up from her dream/REM.

Anyway, we will never know what that dream was.

I cry alot when i have emotional events happening. And i wake up finding myself crying too. Why. Is it linked.?

A "WTF moment" to explain.

So I'm in bed, I'm not preparing for AP or anything, I am on my side. All of a sudden I get a "twitch" which feels like Someone kicked me in the back, or bent my back! Right while I'm awake! It felt like my back arched while laying in bed! Weird! But the real weird thing is is that if my body moved, I would have fallen off the bed. Also at this time, my dog, who was sleeping, started to make some deep breaths while sleeping.

My brain says it was a twitch, my spirituality says my dog was having an OBE and rammed into my astral body, which was aligned with my physical body.

You were completely awake when this happened? That would be scary to not expect it. I've had things like that happen while I'm sleeping, and it wakes me up, but never out of nowhere while I'm awake.

Maybe your dog was trying to get you to join him in the astral plane. :D

A few questions, Seeker. This may seem like a really stupid question, but will I able to see in the astral plain. I wear glasses, and would I be able to see. As you have you said, your thoughts are your controls, would this apply to helping me see in the astral plain? Secondly, can you encounter any spirits that have a harmful intent, if so how can you, protect yourself? Lastly, how does one find their guide. Would it appear to you, when you enter the plain?

...double post

Edited by Seeker79

A few questions, Seeker. This may seem like a really stupid question, but will I able to see in the astral plain. I wear glasses, and would I be able to see. As you have you said, your thoughts are your controls, would this apply to helping me see in the astral plain? Secondly, can you encounter any spirits that have a harmful intent, if so how can you, protect yourself? Lastly, how does one find their guide. Would it appear to you, when you enter the plain?

You will be able to "see" just fine. It's not your eyes that are "seeing".

Nothing can harm you in spirit. There are some things That will scare you if you have not mastered fear, but they do this to protect you. You also do it to yourself. Beings can lash out sometimes out of their own fear or if you are meddling with them but it's all scare tacticts. There are things in conflict with humans but they are not evil. Some nature spirits are very p***ed at humanity but if your concious enough for a visit generally you are on the good list.

New entry from this morning on my blog

"a man awake"

Wow!!!!!

You guys have to read about my journy this morning. It was incredible. It's on my blog

"a man awake"

I'm getting better. I just initiated vibrations while not in SP. I was going to project, I actually saw my hallway really fuzzy but my eyes were closed. "Alright, let's do this." I thought, and I felt myself seperate, but I was still in my bed, I showed the slightest anxiety I guess cause I had no idea what to do next, then it went black. I opened my eyes, expecting to be in Astral form, yet I opened my physical eyes instead. Dang it! Vibrations immediatley subsided.

Also, I was lying on my side, which probaby inhibited me from rising up..

Also, why is my left hip always "astrally" sore (it's not my muscle that's sore, it just feels weird.) after these vibrations? One more thing, these vibrations didn't really feel like vibrations. They felt like, idk, hard to explain. A whole tingling of the body I guess is the best answer.

It's weird, when I'm out but still in my bed, how exactly do I move around? Just get up and walk around? Last time I AP'd which is getting to be awhile ago, I did the rollover technique, it went black, next thing I knew I was just floating around my house. I had very little control. Do you float all the time, or can you walk also?

The vibrations and somewhat-separation was fun, after slowly losing consciousness I sudden realized I was having vibrations. I focused on them at sudden saw flashes of brilliant color, then I felt myself separate as I said before. But I got anxious and felt myself going back in. "NOOOOO" I thought and then it went black. I opened my eyes 5 seconds later and it was over. I think I took big step in the right direction. I prayed to God/Guides not to project during the night, and they answered. It was dawn when it happened, around 6:15 AM after I watched some TV. I originally woke up around 5:30 AM, so I'm probably going to stick with projecting in the morning.

FYI, sorry for double post. I thought the one above was choppy as I was groggy when I posted it, I just wanted to explain it in more detail...

It's weird, when I'm out but still in my bed, how exactly do I move around? Just get up and walk around? Last time I AP'd which is getting to be awhile ago, I did the rollover technique, it went black, next thing I knew I was just floating around my house. I had very little control. Do you float all the time, or can you walk also?

The vibrations and somewhat-separation was fun, after slowly losing consciousness I sudden realized I was having vibrations. I focused on them at sudden saw flashes of brilliant color, then I felt myself separate as I said before. But I got anxious and felt myself going back in. "NOOOOO" I thought and then it went black. I opened my eyes 5 seconds later and it was over. I think I took big step in the right direction. I prayed to God/Guides not to project during the night, and they answered. It was dawn when it happened, around 6:15 AM after I watched some TV. I originally woke up around 5:30 AM, so I'm probably going to stick with projecting in the morning.

FYI, sorry for double post. I thought the one above was choppy as I was groggy when I posted it, I just wanted to explain it in more detail...

Sounds like you are on the right track. I usually walk. Sticking to normal actions lessons the chance of loosing control. I try to walk or fly. I'll use floating as a check. Sometimes I can't tell if I'm out or not and obviously I can't float in normal reality so if I float I know I'm in spirit.

Keep it up. I keep telling people it's like learning to walk. I don't think they usualy understand, but it sounds like you are doing great. One step at a time. Good job.

Edited by Seeker79

does anyone have a suggestion about how to start astral projecting?

Wolfman. The first page if this thread Is a pretty good start, and I have a small tutorial on my blog. " a man awake". I'll see if I can get a link straight to it.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=2493&showentry=23240

let me know if it works.

Edited by Seeker79

Just had something close to vibrations... I'll explain.

I initially woke up at 5:00, I decided I would just watch TV until I had to get up. I watch about an hour of TV, then I surfed a bit on my phone. At about 6:20, I decided I would take a quick nap for an hour... So I lay down again, and I start thinking about the day ahead. I get deeper and deeper into a sleep state, and my mind starts wandering off. Next thing I know, instead of falling into NREM sleep (all people initially start their sleep cycle with NREM) the thoughts I were thinking started to be controlled by the subconscious... next thing I know I'm in a dream-like state, and I had a dream (Which I believe was lucid the whole time. I still had a little conscious awake.) or something like a dream where in the sub-dream (I'll call it that) there were people (looked like my Dad and a couple other people I have no idea who they were) and they were on my computer, looking at the Google Chrome new tab scream. (It was that vivid.) I'm like "That's strange, lemme come see." But I couldn't get to my computer. So they leave, and leave the screen on. I go to the computer, and I try (I was very lucid at this point.) to read what it says, but all I could make out was a "V". Then the dream ends, and I regain most consciousness. I then feel the tingling coming again, I thought I would make it this time, as I was in a little more control. I hear the waterfall noise, and or some reason I thought it was time to exit. I guess not, as when trying to move I just moved my physical body.

I was probably in a trance state the whole time, half subconscious and half conscious.

Anyway, I was again sore in the upper left hip. Anyone know why this happens? I've heard of people being sore after OBEs.