Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral Travel & My technique

Ziggy Stardust

Thank you for your responses Seeker79. I know that typing on a phone can be a real pain.

Yes, I am extremely interested in AP. I read about your method on your blog and will give it a shot when my son gets his usual 4 am bottle. Any resources that will assist in "learning" AP would be wonderful.

Thank you for your responses Seeker79. I know that typing on a phone can be a real pain.

Yes, I am extremely interested in AP. I read about your method on your blog and will give it a shot when my son gets his usual 4 am bottle. Any resources that will assist in "learning" AP would be wonderful.

Books by Robert Bruce and Robert Monroe. There is another Robert too.... Can't remember. I can't tell you why they are all named Robert. Just one of those synctonicities that surround spiritual phenominon. They all have a slightly different perspective, but Robert Bruce. Actually has excercises to Increase body awareness and such.

Hi.

I have a question: Can alcohol in your bloodstream effect your attempt to AP?

Because I had a few sips of liquor and i want to try you technique tonight, which is basically in an hour.

I have tried before to AP but your technique seem too be a little different than the stuff i have tried. But i haven't been able to AP thus far. The only success was one night when i was awaken by sounds that I thought was my dogs fighting, before i could fully awake the sounds stopped. I opened my eyes and realized i couldn't move or speak. I could kind of roll upward/left to face my cupboards and then in a blink I was looking straight up and I could move again. It was pretty frightening.

Edited by JohnnyBravo

I think someone said a few pages ago drugs and alcohol kind of prohibit it. But a few sips like you had 3 shots 4 hours ago or like you had someone type that message for you?! Lol because if you really aren't drunk or buzzed I don't see why it would stop you. I've never done it before though so I am no expert.

Edited by SKPandAVP

I think someone said a few pages ago drugs and alcohol kind of prohibit it. But a few sips like you had 3 shots 4 hours ago or like you had someone type that message for you?! Lol because if you really aren't drunk or buzzed I don't see why it would stop you. I've never done it before though so I am no expert.

I see, thanks for filling me in. Lol, no it was about the amount of 3 teaspoons, just enough to enjoy the flavor. :innocent:

Edited by JohnnyBravo

I don't see a few beers being a problem the night before but since you should try in the morning, being hung over or buzzing is not helpful. Or a good idea at 5 am. If your takeing a few shots to relax, still it may relax you to much. Keep em seperate is my advice.

About my method. It's just what I do after learning what works best for me. Anyone reading should look around and try to discover what works best for them. I don't even roll over or float up hardly at all anymore, I just get up. Once vibrations are going I just get up like I'm getting out of bed and I'm out. also I have been just focusing intently on one piece of dark behind the eyes instead if watching nural discharges. It seems to hold my awareness better. Although this morning It snaped me out of the trance quite suddenly. I even gasped. But I have been under a some stress the last few weeks, I have problems when my life overwhelmed by stuff. I think it's time for a retreat into the woods for about four days.

Edited by Seeker79

Hello fellow Astral Travelers.

Sorry if I came-out of left field with my other post yesterday.

I didn’t properly introduce myself either.

My name’s Brett - I’m from Australia and no, don't get the wrong impression about me, I’m not a drug user or a stoner – it’s just, I’d like to try shrooms sometime or better yet some peyote.

Just to see what it's like. It's sort of a cheat to the gate way in my books. (But we can’t get that sort of stuff here in this country.)

I'm just sick of the same routine of lying there trying to Astral Project and trying to go numb and that. Dogs bark. Kids scream. Car tyres screech. Your mouth goes dry and you want to lick your lips and mouth. There's too many distractions and I get headaches, my back gets sore and most times I just fall asleep when I'm trying to do it. But to raise out of your body at the halfway point of asleep and awake is virtually impossible.

Seeker79 – I didn’t swallow the thing, only sampled saliva. I’m fine. I know not to touch the stuff!

Where’s Ziggy Stardust aka Socrates? Does he chat anymore - the original guy who started this thread, where is he?

Do you guys mind if I type a loooonnnggg post tonight? Because I have a lot to say on this Astral Traveling subject.

The one and only real Astral Traveling experience I had - in the mid 90’s - has left me haunted to this day and I just want answers as to why it happened is all.

(Note: There’s forced Astral Traveling and there’s Astral Traveling that happens without you even being aware it happened.)

Why is Astral Traveling such a taboo subject? I reckon that 98% of the world is unaware of what it is! Most aren’t even aware of it! Why is it so forbidden though? If you were to talk to the average Larry out on the street about astral traveling they’d lock you up in a mental asylum.

Hare Krishna is the chant that we’re supposed to use as a mantra universally - when attempting to travel - but it never works. And no, Hare Krishna is not a man – I think it translates to something about it being the ALL power force we breathe in, like “it’s” everywhere. Hare Krishna is everything we see, hear and breathe apparently. The chant summons…”IT.” Try ‘n figure that out!

My haunting Astral Traveling experience back in the mid 90’s revealed a black-cloaked silhouetted figure who raised me off my bed a foot and placed something in my mouth and said, “Come talk to me.” Now according to rumor you’re not to trust silhouetted figures in the astral realm, correct? Then why is Tom Foolery permitted in the astral realm to begin with?

In another Astral Traveling experience I had, (but ones I prefer to label as lucid dreaming and not as vivid and real as my mid 90’s experience,) I saw a red serpent dragon (Kundalini) flying out of a red lava ocean and turning into a flying white-winged horse and even a leprechaun came up to me once and said to me, “I’ve been watching you!” Now, Astral Traveling or lucid dreaming here, people?

I’ve seen a white ball of light (a few times actually) that flies quite fast and it traveled through pyramids and red planets.

I saw the hands of time on a grandfather clock with flying boulders and a BIG planet to the East telling me the exact time that my Dad would die. He did in fact pass on the 2am as indicated. The next day I went into the church and saw one of these BIG rocks as well on the altar.

I’ve seen multi-colored planets in abundance on a time-line blood artery hi-way.

I’ve floated in an underground checkered pathway in Great Britain even though I’ve never stepped foot in England.

I’ve never met a power animal although I did see a baby bear once.

I’ve rubbed tongues with a blacked-haired tall woman by a barn - in the afternoon sun once - where our tongues were going a million miles an hour. It felt excellent. To this day I still hold-out hope that I’ll encounter her again sometime somewhere. It felt tremendous. The speed of our tongues inside each other’s mouth was incredible.

I’ve read 2 books only on Astral Traveling and I have to say that there are a lot of charlatans in this field.

I reckon that a lot of people think that Astral Traveling is just closing your eyes and fantasizing and pretending that it's happening, wanting it to happen, but not really doing it.

There's a MASSIVE difference between fantasizing and Astral Traveling. Don't confuse the 2!

You are not properly Astral Traveling if you just close your eyes and fantasizing that you’re swimming with dolphins in the ocean or punching Tyson out. That’s not Astral Traveling. Anyone can fantasize but it's not astral traveling!

I read this one book where this lady said that you can visit the astral realm and even create your own garden if you want to and return any time you want to maintain it. This is fantasizing in my opinion. This same lady even used the analogy where she compared Astral Traveling to a dog or a cat twitching in their sleep – that’s Astral Traveling to pets according to her! That’s a poor comparison, man. Swindler!

The BIGGEST con I read on Astral Traveling was about this Astral Traveling convention held in Florida or Maryland where a group of charlatans got up on a stage and one man demonstrated on stage his projection and in the end he told the person next to him to go over and check the drawer over there and there you’ll find a tour guide of Florida and low and behold here was the tour guide in the drawer. He told them all that he Astral Traveled back to his hotel room and grabbed the guide and placed it in the drawer. Had I been in the crowd that night I would of got up immediately and shouted, “Well, there’s a hundred dollar bill laying on my bed back in my hotel room can you do the same with that?”

I bet that charlatan would have cringed and weeded his way out of it saying that his power is all drained or some other lame excuse! Watch for con artists in this field, people! Keep your distance! Only believe what you see!

It’s funny that with Astral Traveling you’re not allowed to gloat or use it for evil intentions just to show-off as I have a confession to make, people – and yes, it is selfish of me to admit this, but – I want absolute power!

Yes, I am the Astral Traveler who wants it all! Every night I speak to my mind (or the realm) and I ask for the power to control, you know, control the weather, remove people from my country who I don’t like, set the wrongs right! Things like that.

Why won’t the astral realm grant me my God-like powers that I ask for?

I’m sorry, but the astral realm disturbed me that night – it called me out that night and for my troubles it has left me haunted and without answers to this day!

Why did it do it to me to begin with and not supply an answer, or get back in contact with me ever again? Why did it do it to me?

I’ve been trying since the mid 90’s right up until today, every night and I mean every night to Astral Travel but unsuccessfully. They say if you practice enough eventually you’ll succeed, well, I’m here to tell you that I’ve been trying for 16 to get entry back into the astral realm but no dice! I cannot do it anymore, and yes I’ve tried the milk, egg & carrot diet. I’ve went to bed on an empty stomach and everything as well.

Over all when you look at it – what are we actually trying to achieve by visiting the astral realm? (Other than wanting absolute power in my case.) What’s our goal by reaching there? What do we want out of it really? And I’m that obsessed with the subject that sometimes I forget that there’s still a reality to live on this Earth and I’m guilty of neglecting my Earthly existence too. (I’m of the opinion that the astral realm will grant me God-like powers one day but I wish it would hurry-up.) Are we content to reach the astral realm and just float around our bedrooms for a few minutes and return to our bodies and go, “I did it!” But then what? Big deal. What did it mean? Is floating around your kitchen or looking back down at yourself good enough? Just between me and you – and this is on the side - do we think that we’re closer to God just because we floated around our house in spirit - are we left thinking that we’re chosen, protected and special? i.e. The One(s)?

On a final note – if anyone here on this website considers themselves a seasoned Astral Traveler then prove it to me! Go back in time or look-up these so-called Akashic Records and tell me who Jack The Ripper was or better yet decipher who the Zodiac was for me! I’d love to know who he was, (or, who they were!) Bet no one can do it! There’ll be some lame excuse for not being able to produce some hard evidence. Anyone game enough to step-up to the plate? Anyone?

You have no control in the Astral Realm ,people! You can’t pick and choose like in reality. You’re at the mercy of where ever your mind wanders. I believe that we have no control in the astral realm. So it is my conclusion that there must be some sort of chemical unbalance in our brains which tricks us – you know, like not wired right?

And yes, I may have contradicted myself throughout this rant but I’m frustrated at the astral realm lately for not getting back in contact with me or leaving me with no answers as to why it visited me in the first place.

I consider this torment.

P.S. Be warned though, people!

If I’m ever given the absolute power that I ask for then you will hear from Brett Gaddes one day in this life time.

ALL charlatans can go to hell! Thank you.

Edited by St. Brett

undertheflow

Did you say MUGWORT?

Good God!

Mugwort!

The most vile wretched drink of all time, (in tea)!

You cannot mask the flavor of that crap with anything!

The flavor of Mugwort will over-ride anything!

From honey to cinnamon tea even added sugar will not cover-up the vile taste of that rubbish!

Apparently it has a 1% marijuana additive in.

I asked my local nursery to order me a few tree's - at only $3 each - and they failed in their attempt!

I've got Wormwood tree's at home.

And all that Mugwort does is make your skin go numb for about 5 minutes like a light beer buzz.

Wears off and gives you a headache.

It's not a drink you can go back to.

I tried it 3 times and I'll never go there again!

Yuck with a capital Y!

And I meant 16 YEARS in my earlier above post but I can't edit that post for some reason!

Quote, I've been trying for 16 YEARS to get back into the astral realm but no dice, end quote.

Oh well.

Mugwort - urgh the memories!

Edited by St. Brett

:) I agree astral travel is not imagination. Glad to hear your mushroom experiment did not turn out bad. You said you got sick afterward that's what concerned me.. If you did you should still double check that you did not damage your liver. Edited by Seeker79

Quick question about the getting out of your body "like you would physically"

When you start feeling the vibrating/buzzing, and you try to roll or get out of bed, would you feel your head lift from your pillow, and would have to lift the covers like you would physically. Last night i experienced the buzzing quite quickly but didn't hear anything. So I was like okay blast off (lol) , but i think i jumped the gun and the vibrating wasn't strong enough, half way through getting up i realized this isn't working. So I tried again but fell asleep..

How come I don't really feel vibrations?? I have only felt something like vibrations a couple of times, what I usually feel is like a rumbling inside my body, like I'm spinning inside or something, like a volcano rumbling... It's very strange it feels like I'm moving inside my body, that's the only way I can describe it. When I felt the vibration type of thing it was more like electricity, it felt like a current running trough, my hips felt really funny. The other night it felt like currents of electricity as well.

Those are vibrations. It does feel like an electrical current. But also feels like putting your hand on top of a space heater. Vibrating but not really vibrating like your cell phone does. I actually would have called it something different but Somone else coind the phrase a long time ago. Astral current maby. But then of course people are going to think it is electricity.

Oohh... well that's good to know. :lol:

At the start of this thread Ziggy Stardust said that you have to concentrate on a corner of your room before Astral Traveling but then Seeker79 said that he really concentrates on a point behind his eye.

If I do either of these I lose concentration and isn’t it a known fact that you’re to clear your mind and not think about anything at all when attempting to AP?

You have to clear your mind of EVERYTHING!

DON’T THINK ABOUT ANYTHING IS THE BEST METHOD!

And that’s impossible to do!

In my case my mind is constantly thinking about things and thoughts all the time!

You can’t switch your mind off at any time I reckon!

Concentration is the main key in Astral Traveling.

But it's hard.

Maybe that’s what Astral Traveling is – when we’re asleep maybe our over-enthused minds continue to think and run thoughts through our brains even though we’re out cold in our sleep?

The process steps of Astral Traveling are as follows.

Lay there on your back.

Palms down flat.

Don’t wear too many clothes.

Close eyes – tongue flat (or try to) – shut mouth.

Breathe through nose, (an open mouth leads to a dry mouth - where you’re distracted to lick lips and wet a tongue.)

Concentrate on crown chakra (the seeing eye - centre of the mind.)

But try and not think if you can – let the visions and colors come to you, (most of the time the streets of L.A. come to me for some reason.)

Note: Be warned though - there’s trouble shooting in the first few steps of Astral Traveling though.

Mainly, it will be your eyes and eyelids which will be the primary cause of trouble.

If you’re doing your darnest to start the first few steps of Astral Traveling - and if you can get past the dry tongue and mouth; dogs barking, neighbors being loud, itchy nose or other noises - then you’ll also encounter your eyes behind your eyelids darting from left to right, left to right, left to right!

This is a major problem.

Your eyeballs will strain and the left to right motion will bug you as well where you'll simply give-up!

It's one of my major hiccups. And you have no control over it either!

If you can master the first few steps of the above Astral Traveling process – which are the hardest - believe it or not - then we can cut to the actual vibrating sensations part of Astral Traveling.

First, your entire body skin should/will feel numb and lifeless, (it’s just dead weight - you know how when you cross your legs and they go numb after a while? Well, the Astral Traveling numbness is like that, but without the pins and needles,) Your face feels leathery. It’s similar to being drunk and stoned lightly the numbness.

Next you should feel giddy and start to sway.

It is here in this process that your foot may quickly stick up and raise out - or a hand - or your face/head may violently shake-out causing you to get scared and come to.

Now, if you can pass this – which is hard – then the vibrations start, (in the face/head - mainly the seeing mind eye section will feel the vibrations) it’s like…umm, not a dildo vibration-buzz, but like, there’s 100 of you and they’re all sinking into your head at a rate of one per .1 of a second.

You go into yourself constantly and keep repeating and repeating this AND IT FEELS GREAT! :tu::yes:

I’ll confess - it is at this focal point that you’re supposed to be able to raise from your body at this stage – but normally I’ll awake and just consider this as an achievement in itself. I don't care that I don't go any further it's a success in itself to reach this far.

It makes you feel clean and small.

You sort of shrink if you come out of it too.

It’s like a body cleanse.

In the process of vibrating you may also go SMALL BIG, SMALL BIG, SMALL BIG as well.

And I’m not so sure we raise from our bodies upwards, as I believe we sink into the Earth as well?

We seem to go down as well when vibrating and not generally always upward?

And I don’t know how advanced you people are but there’s also tunnels as well.

Fast and endless.

Anyone seen ‘em?

Remember Jodie Fosters Contact movie?

At the end when she goes a second time she travels through a tunnel to get to where she’s going.

It’s kind of like this.

I saw Contact at the cinema on the big screen and I was like, “Whoa, that’s those tunnels I see sometimes.”

But getting back to the vibrating sensation there’s two points here that I must point out!

1) Sometimes if I can reach this stage of vibration I get scared.

2) One night in 2009 I was falling into myself with the vibrations and was halfway there when – you wouldn’t believe it – a gut ache occurred and disturbed me from my sensation.

I needed a poop and it stopped me from doing something in the Astral Realm!

I was there, man and that happened!

Do you wanna know what I’m scared of most times?

Succeeding!

Oh, and trust me, you will get scared at certain stages.

I consider these above-processed Astral Traveling attempts as forced Astral Traveling!

The real one that happened to me back in the mid 90’s just happened without me putting any effort into it. It, just, happened! I didn’t even know what it was back then.

And now, when I try to do it manually every night the furthest I could/can get is the vibrating head part. Can’t go any farther than that. I’ve never seen the silver cord and I’ve never felt or saw myself leaving my body.

Finally - it scares me with the whole astral thing that if you was traveling in the realm deeply and then some of your other family members stumbled across your sleeping body and rang the ambulance on you - thiking you're dead- and the ambulance came and take your body away and then your soul goes to return to your body yet your body has been taken away.

I've also questioned if people in coma's are simply lost in the astral realm not knowing how to return to their bodies. What if we lost our way in the astral realm?

2420460207_19cf90b797.jpg

Has anyone ever really questioned what rainbows are? Aren't they beautiful? Are they a gateway to the realm? Do we not pay them enough mind? Are they gate-ways? Tunnels perhaps? Has science looked into them well enough? Is there hidden secrets there that we aren't aware of? The double rainbow by our house to the East are set features in our area. The same 2 always appear every time. They're not random. I'd like to know more about them. I think we're missing something with them. They're obvious signs and messages. I love when the sun hits them off the glistening of the sun and it looks silvery.

P.S. Has anyone ever heard of Masau'u?

Edited by St. Brett

hello, i wish to ask somethings.must someone be really a born-natural than they can astral ? i have read many of the first few pages of the post that many is really a natural at atral and thats why they can do it.i admit that i have no natural talents.nt even a wee bit of psychic phenomenea happen to me,many kids have obe when they were young or symptoms of being a psychic but not for me, im jus a average tom.but the problem is, im so passionate about all these stuff: star childs,psychic abilities,obe, spiritual guides, everything i have known and read so much.too bad i do have a wee bit of psychic experience yet.im 14,is it possible that someone really is borned to have no psychic talent ? :cry:

Well tell me... What brought you here??

I should have asked what sparked your interest in the unexplained?? There must be something...

Edited by Dharma D

Well tell me... What brought you here??

I should have asked what sparked your interest in the unexplained?? There must be something...

well ,i have been reading so many stories by people who share about what they have experienced,i feel its quite sad for me always jus reading and not really sharing with them what i experience.i mean to me liking the unexplained is liking ur favouriate color,subject u cant explain it,u jus know that u love it, it somehow makes u happy.and the most important of all,i really wishes to speak to God ( im a christian,and i love the Lord ), everytime i have my quiet time wif the Lord,my church peers says that maybe i could not recognise the Lord's voice, but everytime i await for his replay,its jus a plain void in my heart,no voice. i really feel i am born withought any gift of anything,thats why i came to seek advice from the more experienced

Well I don't think you should feel that way. I think if you look to hard you won't find what you are looking for. I think you should just relax and let things play themselves out, No body can help you find God, you will find him when your time comes and his voice will be undeniable. But don't expect a voice, extend yourself to everyone and everything for you don't know which or what might be your angel or God responding to your pleas.

About AP don't rush yourself either. I didn't experience my first obvious experience till about 15, you may not recognize it if it is happening. I suggest meditating and trying to disconnect from notions of what it should be.

Well I don't think you should feel that way. I think if you look to hard you won't find what you are looking for. I think you should just relax and let things play themselves out, No body can help you find God, you will find him when your time comes and his voice will be undeniable. But don't expect a voice, extend yourself to everyone and everything for you don't know which or what might be your angel or God responding to your pleas.

About AP don't rush yourself either. I didn't experience my first obvious experience till about 15, you may not recognize it if it is happening. I suggest meditating and trying to disconnect from notions of what it should be.

ok thank you so much !! :yes: i believe that God loves me and one day He speak to me :D

for meditation right,what type of meditations do you mean ? do you focus on AT when u're meditating or jus let your mind blank and focus on your breath ? i do now know which worked best if i want to AP, and what do you mean by disconnect notions of what it should be ? :huh:

Edited by no-talent-user

Well meditating works differently for every one. I personally like sitting outside and listening to the air or the trees, but that works for me because I am very connected to nature, when I was younger I was not able to do still meditation at all so running always worked better.

I usually don't focus on anything during meditation I just listen and I just think of letting things out. I mostly focus on the air I think about it flowing trough me like I am part of it to let it cleanse out my soul. I open myself to become one with the world around me, I think of meditation as a release. It's like letting go of "me" boundaries and becoming one with the world around me.

You will find something that can do this for you. Maybe it's music, or something like that...anything that helps you stop thinking.

By disconnecting yourself I mean don't focus too much on AP and how it should feel or how it should start. Begin by listening to yourself, to your inner most thoughts, those thoughts are correct... just listen to them. If you awaken to the connections you really have to this world it will be much easier to find what you are looking for.

Dharma if I were not maried I would be looking for you. :)

Edited by Seeker79

Yes. Innervoice is a connection to the divine preseance. Listen to it always. Also your highest self is what you should apeal to. When faced with a dilema or action asked your self " if I were exactly who I want to be, what would I do?"

Awww.. Thanks. :blush::lol:

Well meditating works differently for every one. I personally like sitting outside and listening to the air or the trees, but that works for me because I am very connected to nature, when I was younger I was not able to do still meditation at all so running always worked better.

I usually don't focus on anything during meditation I just listen and I just think of letting things out. I mostly focus on the air I think about it flowing trough me like I am part of it to let it cleanse out my soul. I open myself to become one with the world around me, I think of meditation as a release. It's like letting go of "me" boundaries and becoming one with the world around me.

You will find something that can do this for you. Maybe it's music, or something like that...anything that helps you stop thinking.

By disconnecting yourself I mean don't focus too much on AP and how it should feel or how it should start. Begin by listening to yourself, to your inner most thoughts, those thoughts are correct... just listen to them. If you awaken to the connections you really have to this world it will be much easier to find what you are looking for.

thank you so much darma :D