Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 55
Ziggy Stardust

Astral Travel & My technique

5,005 posts in this topic

Hi Seeker. It's been a while since I asked advice regarding my attempts at OOBE's. I was making good ground with Ziggy's 4AM technique. I heard the noise, felt paralyzed, even lightweight. I thought that I was progressing, getting ever closer to achieving. However, with no daily circadian rhythm to speak of, stresses of school, bartending and life in general, I seem to have lost it and I'm having trouble getting back. I've recently been experimenting with Ambiscience's binaural tones, hoping to place my mind in a meditative state, thus allowing me to continue my attempts. Do you know anything of using binaural tones in this fashion? Sometimes they cause bizarre states of consciousness. I thought I was lying in bed wide awake for ten to fifteen minutes attempting to go into a meditative state, but my wife said that I must have been asleep for at least forty-five minutes(I was snoring a bit). I truly believed that I was awake and attempting to relax my mind. Other times in the middle of the night, I would jolt my mind, think I had awoken and feel myself sit up and look at the wall. Then my eyes would pop open and I was still lying down. VERY bizarre feeling. I feel as though it's like using an ambien to sleep; you get there, but it's not natural.

Sorry for the long post. Just looking for experienced answers.

Hi Seeker. It's been a while since I asked advice regarding my attempts at OOBE's. I was making good ground with Ziggy's 4AM technique. I heard the noise, felt paralyzed, even lightweight. I thought that I was progressing, getting ever closer to achieving. However, with no daily circadian rhythm to speak of, stresses of school, bartending and life in general, I seem to have lost it and I'm having trouble getting back. I've recently been experimenting with Ambiscience's binaural tones, hoping to place my mind in a meditative state, thus allowing me to continue my attempts. Do you know anything of using binaural tones in this fashion? Sometimes they cause bizarre states of consciousness. I thought I was lying in bed wide awake for ten to fifteen minutes attempting to go into a meditative state, but my wife said that I must have been asleep for at least forty-five minutes(I was snoring a bit). I truly believed that I was awake and attempting to relax my mind. Other times in the middle of the night, I would jolt my mind, think I had awoken and feel myself sit up and look at the wall. Then my eyes would pop open and I was still lying down. VERY bizarre feeling. I feel as though it's like using an ambien to sleep; you get there, but it's not natural.

Sorry for the long post. Just looking for experienced answers.

Your false awAkenings are mini spontaniouse exits. You should get in the habit of always walking across the room turning around and looking at where you were laying when you wake up while using any of these tones. One day you will a relize you are still lying in bed.

I can't tell you how many times I exited but did not realize it. I still use reality checks to double check. Usually a quick float.

I don't like binaural beats or tones. To me they are just as you described it . Unnatural. Shamanic drumming is much more pleasing to listen to. And it brings with it the spirit and practices of our ancestors. I bought some from I tunes a while agao. But I have since recorded my own. it helps me knowing the nature and origins of all the things with me while altered.

Honestly if I want to journy I meditate for several hours the night before with the drums, then I don't use them when I journey.

If you have a partner, I Also recommend sexual activity the night before... The relaxation and endorphines helps keep you in proper mind frames. No alcohol. Or sleep aids.

Hope that helps.

Your false awAkenings are mini spontaniouse exits. You should get in the habit of always walking across the room turning around and looking at where you were laying when you wake up while using any of these tones. One day you will a relize you are still lying in bed.

I can't tell you how many times I exited but did not realize it. I still use reality checks to double check. Usually a quick float.

I don't like binaural beats or tones. To me they are just as you described it . Unnatural. Shamanic drumming is much more pleasing to listen to. And it brings with it the spirit and practices of our ancestors. I bought some from I tunes a while agao. But I have since recorded my own. it helps me knowing the nature and origins of all the things with me while altered.

Honestly if I want to journy I meditate for several hours the night before with the drums, then I don't use them when I journey.

If you have a partner, I Also recommend sexual activity the night before... The relaxation and endorphines helps keep you in proper mind frames. No alcohol. Or sleep aids.

Hope that helps.

It does. Thank you once again for your help. Perhaps one day I will achieve an aware OOBE.

Hewwo everyone,

I've been reading this threAd for the past 2 months after a bad obe e periance i had while sleeping. I only read a few pages till raistlin went away for 2 weeks. Thing is that i don't know how to find my guide. People say that you need to know your totem Animal, or something like that to find it, but i still don't know which one is mine. I've been ble to AP only once after that with this technique, but I didn't want to leave my house room just in case someone wakes up and tries to wake me up. I'm sure tyat they'll freak out if I don't respond to them... Anyway my room is as clear as day from entities or whatever you want to call them, so i waited for a bit trying to figure out what to do with my guide. Result is: nothing happened and I went back to my body. I was actually curious about the akhashic records but I refused to go or attempt to go at least without someone beside me.I'm a big chicken to be honest. So is there any way to find your totem animal without searching? Or to say it in a different way, is there a way learning about totem animals whilenot APing ? After i find it i want to start searching properly for it.

Thanks for reading btw ^_^

Hewwo everyone,

I've been reading this threAd for the past 2 months after a bad obe e periance i had while sleeping. I only read a few pages till raistlin went away for 2 weeks. Thing is that i don't know how to find my guide. People say that you need to know your totem Animal, or something like that to find it, but i still don't know which one is mine. I've been ble to AP only once after that with this technique, but I didn't want to leave my house room just in case someone wakes up and tries to wake me up. I'm sure tyat they'll freak out if I don't respond to them... Anyway my room is as clear as day from entities or whatever you want to call them, so i waited for a bit trying to figure out what to do with my guide. Result is: nothing happened and I went back to my body. I was actually curious about the akhashic records but I refused to go or attempt to go at least without someone beside me.I'm a big chicken to be honest. So is there any way to find your totem animal without searching? Or to say it in a different way, is there a way learning about totem animals whilenot APing ? After i find it i want to start searching properly for it.

Thanks for reading btw ^_^

If Somone wakes you, you will come back instantly and normally. You should not worry about that.

Your guides will come when there is reason to. The answer is in why you want access to the records and what you are doing in your life.

Yep and there is a way to meet your guide without Aping. I speak to mine more in my waken hrs than dream/sleep time. But technically we "project" consciousness to a higher level whenever we connect to our guides or ourselfs (higher self) - And that is much the same thing behind any form of projection, it's an elevation of consciousness thus making us aware of everything we are connected to and other layers/dimensions our soul/consciousness resides. It's a myth that we only deal with the astral levels in our sleep.

What it sounds like to me is you crave a more controlled scene to meet your guide/totem because APing can feel very out of control at times, so that is understandable. You may find that using guided meditation may suit you better as you can do that when you are awake and a guided meditation helps you to project to a safe place where you can meet your guide. But like seeker informed already, your guide will come when you are ready and a lot of this depends on that, plus also willing the point across that you actually do want to meet your guide and are ready too activate this journey.

For guided meditations, just google guided meditations for meeting my guide. There is tons of examples out there.

Good luck.

If Somone wakes you, you will come back instantly and normally. You should not worry about that.

Your guides will come when there is reason to. The answer is in why you want access to the records and what you are doing in your life.

Thanks for the reply ^^

I'm actually a student... in music technology major.

I have some things I'd love to make clear about my life etc.

I'm still unable to control when I'm going to project although I'm concentrating a lot.

so I want to make the best out of these projections.. even if it means making me physically tired.

Ive never been able to astral travel, i have been trying to do it on and off for many years now, closest ive ever come is the feeling of being slightly out of alinement with my body, thats as close as i ever get!

Thanks for the reply ^^

I'm actually a student... in music technology major.

I have some things I'd love to make clear about my life etc.

I'm still unable to control when I'm going to project although I'm concentrating a lot.

so I want to make the best out of these projections.. even if it means making me physically tired.

The key to control is intent. Be highly focused on each individual task. If you are going to walk through a wall to your garden focus on that like a math test. Then fly to a friends house or just will yourself there. Only focus on each individual tasks. You loose control when you start thinking if other things or something disturbs your body. Trust me. I have done plenty of flailing about trying to get control. Then a five your old jumps on you while your out of body.... Zinnnnnngggggghgg!!!!!!!! :)

Yep and there is a way to meet your guide without Aping. I speak to mine more in my waken hrs than dream/sleep time. But technically we "project" consciousness to a higher level whenever we connect to our guides or ourselfs (higher self) - And that is much the same thing behind any form of projection, it's an elevation of consciousness thus making us aware of everything we are connected to and other layers/dimensions our soul/consciousness resides. It's a myth that we only deal with the astral levels in our sleep.

What it sounds like to me is you crave a more controlled scene to meet your guide/totem because APing can feel very out of control at times, so that is understandable. You may find that using guided meditation may suit you better as you can do that when you are awake and a guided meditation helps you to project to a safe place where you can meet your guide. But like seeker informed already, your guide will come when you are ready and a lot of this depends on that, plus also willing the point across that you actually do want to meet your guide and are ready too activate this journey.

For guided meditations, just google guided meditations for meeting my guide. There is tons of examples out there.

Good luck.

Thanks for replying and the useful info^^

You're right I'm afraid of suddenly project into an empty room with artificial light in it. But still I don't mind doing it as long as it means that I'm going to meet my guide and finally learn about the things I want to learn.

I'm pretty sure that finding my guide while being awake is harder that finding him while Aping. But I wanted to make sure to add that while trying to AP I put a white noise near my ear to make sure that I'll get easier on the state of trance sinceit was morning and the sun wouldn't let me concentrate the way I wanted to. So my point is, that while concentrating with the white noise it was the first time I'd hear the popping sound. It hurt my ear a bit too. ( just to make sure like I said before since I'm new to it I still cant control myself. So I dunno when I can AP or not) Truth is, the first time I tried to project while knowing what I'm doing, I didn't hear the popping sound at all. I ONLY had the sinking experiance and then the jolt and next thing I know I'm out of my body. I never had the other symptoms like someone calling me etc. But this time was different. I didn't get out of my boy I kept having the popping sound andI couldn't get myself feel the sinking or the jolt. I could only hear a "chirp" in the white noise. it was feint, but pretty strong too. Since it was morning I thought it'd be from outside and since the white noise has lots of hz in it it might connect itself to the chirping sound. but when I closed the white noise, there was no birds or anything like that out of my window... There was only silence. So, my question is simple (although I made such a huge reply). Can it be connected to the fact that I was trying to concentrate and I was hearing things?

The key to control is intent. Be highly focused on each individual task. If you are going to walk through a wall to your garden focus on that like a math test. Then fly to a friends house or just will yourself there. Only focus on each individual tasks. You loose control when you start thinking if other things or something disturbs your body. Trust me. I have done plenty of flailing about trying to get control. Then a five your old jumps on you while your out of body.... Zinnnnnngggggghgg!!!!!!!! :)

AW I see your point. it takes lots of will power to do something.

I will make myself believe I'm green lantern! XD

ok, ok, I'm kidding.

I'll make sure to remember this tip next time.

I hope I can get to AP again ^^

I'm excited and scared at the same time about it which makes it more exciting!

Hehe, thank god I don't have kids or little siblings.

About the thinking part by the way, I always try to think about lyrics and other things so I can feel the jolt etc.

Whenever I think " I'll AP for sure this time" I end up failling and it takes me more time to concentrate again.

Usually I take 2 jolts/ hour and in the 4th jolt I succeed.

So I was thinking if you have any cool tips about this process as well.

AW I see your point. it takes lots of will power to do something.

I will make myself believe I'm green lantern! XD

ok, ok, I'm kidding.

I'll make sure to remember this tip next time.

I hope I can get to AP again ^^

I'm excited and scared at the same time about it which makes it more exciting!

Hehe, thank god I don't have kids or little siblings.

About the thinking part by the way, I always try to think about lyrics and other things so I can feel the jolt etc.

Whenever I think " I'll AP for sure this time" I end up failling and it takes me more time to concentrate again.

Usually I take 2 jolts/ hour and in the 4th jolt I succeed.

So I was thinking if you have any cool tips about this process as well.

I can't say anything about that. The way you get there is different than me. I do think ( and this happens alot) that you might be trying to hard. AP initially is about relaxation while holding your awareness fixed. If you concentrate to hard you cannot relax, if you have anxiety, you cannot relax, if your distracted, to cold, to warm. Etc etc. But I got a load of cool tips and things you can try once your out. I might sugest the way I do things but if it's been working I'd say don't change.

I will say will power might be the wrong word. More like singular focus. The way a ten year d might at a video game.

I can't say anything about that. The way you get there is different than me. I do think ( and this happens alot) that you might be trying to hard. AP initially is about relaxation while holding your awareness fixed. If you concentrate to hard you cannot relax, if you have anxiety, you cannot relax, if your distracted, to cold, to warm. Etc etc. But I got a load of cool tips and things you can try once your out. I might sugest the way I do things but if it's been working I'd say don't change.

I will say will power might be the wrong word. More like singular focus. The way a ten year d might at a video game.

I'm actually open to any techniques here since I can't find myself do it properly these days.

I want to try different things myself.

And maybe you're right, I may be trying too hard. I feel exhausted after 2 hours if I haven't succeed in it.

Videogames huh?

Now you made me turn the way I think 180 degrees.

It may be easier than I thought after all ^^

So, my question is simple (although I made such a huge reply). Can it be connected to the fact that I was trying to concentrate and I was hearing things?

Maybe, these white noise sounds are connected more to sleep paralysis states. Just what i find personally. But then again many projectors welcome SP states to AP from.

I'm actually open to any techniques here since I can't find myself do it properly these days.

I want to try different things myself.

And maybe you're right, I may be trying too hard. I feel exhausted after 2 hours if I haven't succeed in it.

Videogames huh?

Now you made me turn the way I think 180 degrees.

It may be easier than I thought after all ^^

The one at the beginning of this thread is good I have a tutorial on my blog a few pages back. Have at it.

Maybe, these white noise sounds are connected more to sleep paralysis states. Just what i find personally. But then again many projectors welcome SP states to AP from.

my first ap happened because of sp xD

Not good when you panic at almost everything.

I used white noise again and the same thing happened.

But i can't get myself to the jolts and ap.

The one at the beginning of this thread is good I have a tutorial on my blog a few pages back. Have at it.

I like your tutorial. It's really simple and easy to learn.

I even have a question i never thought i could.

Whebever i vibrate, it happens on my stomach and chest.

Is it like, that these parts have unlocked chakrah?

Or is it that everyone's like that? It never happen to be a full body vibration. Except from that time i saw a man in my dream for 5" telling me that something is about to begin and i started vibrating and i was seriously shocked. Whenever i tried to sleep that night i had the the same dream and the same result.

To be honest i didn't sleep that night and had a very bad feeling. I finally got dome sleep in the car while driving to our cottage.

I like your tutorial. It's really simple and easy to learn.

I even have a question i never thought i could.

Whebever i vibrate, it happens on my stomach and chest.

Is it like, that these parts have unlocked chakrah?

Or is it that everyone's like that? It never happen to be a full body vibration. Except from that time i saw a man in my dream for 5" telling me that something is about to begin and i started vibrating and i was seriously shocked. Whenever i tried to sleep that night i had the the same dream and the same result.

To be honest i didn't sleep that night and had a very bad feeling. I finally got dome sleep in the car while driving to our cottage.

I'm not sure. Every one seems to vibrate at different places especially at first. Some it starts I their face, some the legs. It used to start in my feet and move up my body. Learning AP will be tough on your sleep cycle until you are comfortable. The bad feelings go away to. The fear of the unknown is a tough one to conquer. Evenchually you can free yourself from fear.

I'm not sure. Every one seems to vibrate at different places especially at first. Some it starts I their face, some the legs. It used to start in my feet and move up my body. Learning AP will be tough on your sleep cycle until you are comfortable. The bad feelings go away to. The fear of the unknown is a tough one to conquer. Evenchually you can free yourself from fear.

So it really is uncertain... I see ^^

Anyway,

I was wondering about something.

Sometimes while practicing for 2 hours, ( it feels like half an hour though) I drift to sleep without AP-ing.

(Before starting concentrating I use the first step of the sky's meditation.

It basically makes your body numb and heavy so I can feel even the slightest jolt and touch.)

Thing is, that I'm trying to relax and end up like that. When I do understand that I do it, I Just slowly remember the purpose I closed my eyes but still I get nothing.

Am I relaxing a bit too much? XD

True... It took me lots of reading in here to not fear what I'm going to see if I AP.

At first I was afraid of the possibility that there are ghosts in my house, the possibility of someone using my body while I'm out, what am I going to do if a mischievious spirit comes to me etc.

I'm so glad I read this forum, I got over many of my fears and stupid thoguhts.

Hi guys :)

I've been trying to AP on and off for quite a few years, the closest I got to was the vibrations, but I wasn't able to actually perform an "exit method". I visualised it but nada.

I've tried again recently. I have no problem relaxing my body at all, but I have never been able to get very far into sleep paralysis. I get to the point where I can't feel my body at all, but I'm still able to move it. I'd wager it's a light form of it, but I can never get any deeper.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Hi guys :)

I've been trying to AP on and off for quite a few years, the closest I got to was the vibrations, but I wasn't able to actually perform an "exit method". I visualised it but nada.

I've tried again recently. I have no problem relaxing my body at all, but I have never been able to get very far into sleep paralysis. I get to the point where I can't feel my body at all, but I'm still able to move it. I'd wager it's a light form of it, but I can never get any deeper.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Well I would suggest working with other techniques. Experiment a little bit. Everyone is different and the formula is a little different for each person. If you can get back to vibrations don't visualize an exit. You might be a more kinesthetic person like me. I get out just like I would be doing it physically. Here this might be helpful.

http://www.scribd.com/mobile/documents/4164970

Well I would suggest working with other techniques. Experiment a little bit. Everyone is different and the formula is a little different for each person. If you can get back to vibrations don't visualize an exit. You might be a more kinesthetic person like me. I get out just like I would be doing it physically. Here this might be helpful.

http://www.scribd.com/mobile/documents/4164970

Thanks for the reply,

I'll try mixing it up, I'm not able to get back into the vibrations though, but that might be lack of intent on my part. What do you make of the light sleep paralysis?

I tried viewing the article, but it's no longer available sadly.

Thanks again!

Hey guys i have been trying to astral project but i just dont really know where to start! I am currently reading the book 90 day guide to mastering astral projection by Robert Bruce. Could someone possibly help me or give me more useful resources to use? Thanks

On my blog... "a man awake" there is tutorial. It might be useful. It's few pages back. There are also links to various sources of info.

Dive in..,. Then ask away.

On my blog... "a man awake" there is tutorial. It might be useful. It's few pages back. There are also links to various sources of info.

Dive in..,. Then ask away.

Do you think you could just paste a link here again? Thanks