Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 55
Ziggy Stardust

Astral Travel & My technique

5,005 posts in this topic

I have accidentally done this two months ago: After helping my parents with a lot of yard work, i went downstairs and felll asleep on the couch. In my dream I went upstairs into the kitchen and my sister was eating a bowl of cereal. Later i woke up from whatever i was doing in the dream (I can't remember everything) and I went upstairs to see my sister eating a bowl of cereal. The my dad comes out of his room and says, "Really, you're eating another bowl of cereal. You just had one an hour ago." I got sort of freaked out because i saw her eating in my dream some hour ago. There was also another experience in an early time, but i forgot. Can astral traveling be triggered by something you ate or did that prevents you from realizing you did it?

Can astral traveling be triggered by something you ate or did that prevents you from realizing you did it?

Some food can cause people to have strange dreams. But i have never heard of any type of food preventing someone from astral traveling.

Oh my god, last night I attempted your technique and modified it a little, and the strangest thing happened to me.

I was lying in bed. 12 midnight. I closed my eyes and hugged my bolster and remained still. I begin to form an image in my mind, I imagined I was as light as a feather and that my astral form was hovering above my physical body. I was wide awake, not even in the hypnogogic state yet. I focused on the image as hard as I could while I relaxed my entire body. Then weird things happened seconds later.

First, I heard 3 types of sounds:

1) A popping sound beside my left ear, as if a balloon had burst.

2) Scuttling sounds, like many insectoid legs moving across the marble floor.

3) A piano being played. The sound i heard was always the same tune, and increased in frequency the harder i thought about trying to astral project. (But who the hell would be playing the piano late at night? The sound came from everywhere!)

Next, I began to feel my entire body trembling, as if I were shivering. Then, the vibrations assaulted me and my body shook. I could hear voices all about me, but none were calling me name. I did not understand them. Then I felt a force shove me right back down into my pillow and I opened my eyes. (I was wide awake during this entire experience, so I couldnt have been dreaming).

It didnt take alot of effort to attempt to project, though it being my first time doing it intentionally. But it scared the hell out of me. Tonight I will do it again. By the way, last night after that first experience i tried unsuccessfuly a few more times to project but i wasnt able to.

Oh, and I felt as if I had entered an entirely new realm during that brief experience.

I made this post 7 years ago when I was 16. Now I am 23 and I have never again managed to successfully accomplish this since that incident so long ago. I believe a huge part of what made my first attempt successful was my sheer determination and willpower, since I had just got extremely interested in AP and that probably helped me succeed. I have also realised that what I experienced was unlikely to be AP (over the years I have begun to doubt AP) but induced sleep paralysis by conscious willpower. I have tried hundreds of nights but never induced it again.

Edited by Ashiene
1 person likes this

Some food can cause people to have strange dreams. But i have never heard of any type of food preventing someone from astral traveling.

Alcohol prevents it.

I'm too young for alchohol, but do you have to have a certain religion to do it? Chritian, Catholic, Pagan, Wiccan?

I'm too young for alchohol, but do you have to have a certain religion to do it? Chritian, Catholic, Pagan, Wiccan?

No you dont have to belong to any single religion in order to practice AP.

Edited by stevemagegod

No but if you are Christian or Muslim, you may want to check with your spiritual leader first. I thinks it's pretty much forbidden or frowned upon.

Has anyone here ever experienced Exploding Head Syndrome before?

Edited by stevemagegod

I'm very excited to try your method. I've tried others (they usually involve focusing on a point on the ceiling or imagining a rope attaching down from the ceiling and pulling yourself out) and they haven't really worked. I get very... tingly (?) but I feel like I can't calm my mind enough. I'm always very aware of what's happening. How active should your mind/thoughts be when trying this because I feel like it's my constant thinking that keeps me grounded but it's not like you can turn that off. I can lucid dream but not so much lately. My lucid dreaming first started when I was young about eight and I had this horrible nightmare and one night I woke myself up and made myself go back to sleep and change the dream little by little and do this constantly until the dream became something good. I used to also have a lot of dreams where I was in my house exactly as it was at that moment and i would be moving around it doing nothing special but i would get weird frights like something was after me and my movements would get like... like i was moving through molasses but i was afraid. Since then I've been able to control what I dream about and what goes on within the dream while I'm dreaming and of course I'm usually aware that I am dreaming. I also get dejavu very frequently and often very intensely. This happens a lot especially with places. It's a bit different than usual dejavu in that sometimes I can have a dream (a regular nonsensical dream) that takes place in a location I have never seen or been to or heard of before and then suddenly in life I'll be going somewhere in life and I'll see that place I dreamed about and I'll be so shocked that it's real because holy cow I thought that place was just made up in my head!! All this amongst other things, I just wanted to give a few examples about how I feel like I'm close to something but I can't quite seem to reach it.

Edited by sleepwalkerindreamerscloth

I've heard of astro traveling before but I never thought that I would be able to do it or if it was true. Anyway I woke up early this morning to my alarm but dozed back off as I was tired as I stayed up late last night. Then all I remember was waking up on my back and looking at the ceiling. Next I went really light headed as if I was sinking and my vision went blurry. As I looked up at the ceiling I felt like the light getting darker and darker. Then all I remember was like a loud noise in my ear like roaring of traffic and extremely bad vibrations. As I have never experienced anything like this before I was totally freaking out and tried to move my hands and legs but couldn't as I felt paralysed. I completely panicked and managed to move my hands better and the noise and vibration completely went and I sat up shaking. I quickly grabbed my phone and typed in what had happened on Google and astro travel came up. I'm a bit shocked but intrigued as I've been reading up stories all day and people are saying you can travel wherever you want and you can see past on loved ones! If this is not the first steps to astro traveling could someone please let me no and also if I could learn to control this so I could learn to astro travel.

I cant ever seem to get out of the body. Or im starting to seperate and just cant. The vibrational stage is easy for me to get to, I just dont know what to expect after that. I dont know if ill suddenly find myself somewhere else, or if it looks just like im getting up in my physical body but im really not?

Hi...i noe dis is a pretty old post...bt i recently got interested in this topic n found your post thru google..i got an accout specially to ask a few questions n participate in d discussion ...

Im 18 yrs old..n ws thinking abt trying astral projection..wud my age affect my chances of my attempt being successful..? Is it possible to talk to ppl in d real physical world wen ur in d astral plane..? Wud really appreciated any more information u cud provide...i really want a successful attempt..thanks :)

Hi...i noe dis is a pretty old post...bt i recently got interested in this topic n found your post thru google..i got an accout specially to ask a few questions n participate in d discussion ...

Im 18 yrs old..n ws thinking abt trying astral projection..wud my age affect my chances of my attempt being successful..? Is it possible to talk to ppl in d real physical world wen ur in d astral plane..? Wud really appreciated any more information u cud provide...i really want a successful attempt..thanks :)

You should go to this thread and start from the beginning.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219629&st=0

To answer this question.... Yes I believe so. If the person is sensitive they might be conscious of something. If not then their astral body/spirit/subconscious will be aware of your communication, but generally while someone is awake, they will be very irritated. Their Subconscious is working very hard keeping the person alert. It does not like to be bothered. 9 times out of 10 their spirit will snap at you. It's like interfeating with a 12 yearold while playing a video game.

No your actual age does not matter at all, but certain things about young people may not help but that really depends on the person.

Ok thanx a lott :) ... m really excited to try it out soon...hv u tried urself? After how many tries does normally one manage to achieve this? M nt a person who usually has a good concentration n patience level..i mean i cant even read a book for half an hr widout getting bored..so for a person lyk me cn i estimate d no. of attempts i may need to do it?? But i do hv a hell lot of determination n interest abt this..so what shud i estimate?

Posted (edited)

N yea ..m also dying to hv a conversion wid d guy dat started this thread...he seems a total pro at this :)..bt he hasnt posted for quite a while..d thread ws started lyk 5 years ago...ziggy stardust..wer r u :'(

Edited by utpat.fuzzy

Ok thanx a lott :) ... m really excited to try it out soon...hv u tried urself? After how many tries does normally one manage to achieve this? M nt a person who usually has a good concentration n patience level..i mean i cant even read a book for half an hr widout getting bored..so for a person lyk me cn i estimate d no. of attempts i may need to do it?? But i do hv a hell lot of determination n interest abt this..so what shud i estimate?

Yes I have done a lot of experimenting out of body. It's difficult to say how long it will take you. Sometimes people are naturally prone to and it happens spontaneously all the time. Other times some people take years. The problem with me estimating how long it takes people is that it's difficult for me to tell how consistent they are really being. Your best bet with anything you want to gain skill in is practice 2-3 times a week if possible on a set schedule.

A lot of people have concentration problems. But it's not necessarily concentration that you need to have. Relaxation is key. I get boared easily to. Any of these issues that might hold you back you would want to conquer for the simple fact that it would hold you back from anything.

1 person likes this

Okay...i ws thinking of trying it tonight...one more question if m nt really a pain in d neck..i noe u said go thru d thread bt its REALLY long..lol..i gt to d first 50 out of more dan 300 posts.:P..anyway my question ws wud i be able to touch or move anything if i wanted to during a.p ..wud u pls share any of ur experiences ..i wud luv to here d best one in detail if ur up for it... :)

Okay...i ws thinking of trying it tonight...one more question if m nt really a pain in d neck..i noe u said go thru d thread bt its REALLY long..lol..i gt to d first 50 out of more dan 300 posts.:P..anyway my question ws wud i be able to touch or move anything if i wanted to during a.p ..wud u pls share any of ur experiences ..i wud luv to here d best one in detail if ur up for it... :)

You can touch things and people even the insides of things, bit it's in a non physical reality. It's not going to move or be affected in the physical world.

I don't blog my experiences anymore I have decided to keep most of them to myself, but you can flow several years of experiences here.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=2493

Alright :) ...thanks a lott !!

I listened to binaural beats trying to make me relax more. What happened was I was in sleep paralysis for 51 minutes without getting to the vibrational stage for the first time ever. It seems it kept me in a trance and unable to focus on leaving the body. I never got to the vibrational state. I think maybe the type of wave (theta beta etc) can have different effects on meditation.

I listened to binaural beats trying to make me relax more. What happened was I was in sleep paralysis for 51 minutes without getting to the vibrational stage for the first time ever. It seems it kept me in a trance and unable to focus on leaving the body. I never got to the vibrational state. I think maybe the type of wave (theta beta etc) can have different effects on meditation.

I certainly does. When I was trying beats the binural beats did not go well with me. Shamanic drumming works much better and if the spirit flute is thrown in the sound of the flute can carry you into guided places

words words

I tried ap last night....i think i gt to d vibrational stage...but dat ws as far as i cud get...i kept getting jolted back even though i kept picturing myself hovering over my own body...and also i strongly felt my pulse throbbing all over body...ws i close?

Posted (edited)

I made this post 7 years ago when I was 16. Now I am 23 and I have never again managed to successfully accomplish this since that incident so long ago. I believe a huge part of what made my first attempt successful was my sheer determination and willpower, since I had just got extremely interested in AP and that probably helped me succeed. I have also realised that what I experienced was unlikely to be AP (over the years I have begun to doubt AP) but induced sleep paralysis by conscious willpower. I have tried hundreds of nights but never induced it again.

Hi,

I'm new to the forums but I have a lot of experience with OBEs/APs. I strongly suggest trying in the early morning as your brain chemistry is optimal. Here's a method that works consistently for me which is very similar to the OPs method :

1. Go to sleep.

2. Catch yourself between dreams while you're sleeping (usually early morning). Set an alarm to wake yourself if needed (at approximately 4 hours after you have been sleeping). This is quite possibly the most difficult step. The goal is to catch yourself at the sleep/awake threshold.

3. Lay perfectly still and notice your breathing, heartbeat, or the darkness behind your closed eyelids as you drift back to sleep. I say "notice" because you do not want to actively think about it. The idea is to hover between the sleep/awake threshold. Actively thinking will wake us up, which will make it more difficult to achieve the mind awake body sleep state.

4. Shortly after, you will most likely begin to feel sensations commonly associated with the onset of an OBE. These include vibrations, paralysis, or ringing in your ears. You may experience some, all, or none of these sensations. In some cases, you may bypass this stage altogether and "phase" into an environment (which might appear as a thought evolving into an interactable environment).

From here, you want to use one of the many handy dandy exit techniques available. I can suggest some particular techniques depending on the combination of sensations you typically experIence. For instance, I hardly get sleep paralysis but most times get strong vibrations. I've found that just getting out of bed as I normally would works if I let the vibrations die down a little first.

Best of luck! If you have any questions please ask!

Edited by all16universes
1 person likes this

I tried ap last night....i think i gt to d vibrational stage...but dat ws as far as i cud get...i kept getting jolted back even though i kept picturing myself hovering over my own body...and also i strongly felt my pulse throbbing all over body...ws i close?