Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What got you interested?

Mr-X

What got you interested in the unexplained paranormal stuff?

I got into it because of my mums family mysterious past in Egypt.

X

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PurpleStuart

• SpaceyKC

• Althalus

• Druss

Mr.-X,

You just have to elaborate with your reason first.  Don't just leave us hanging like that! :s02

Homer and Nora,

My mums family were born in Egypt (greek descendence). Growing up my mother would tell me stories about mysterious happenings in Egypt that her family witnessed.

I've already posted a few stories. I cant find them now, i think they were deleted when the site had some technical difficulties. I think the subject i posted them under was called 'mysterious family stories' something like that.

Anyway back to the question. WELL :)

X

Nothing specific, the mysterious and the unexplained always had an allure for me ever since i was young.

My grandmother used to be interested in the paranormal as well, but i don't recall her encouraging me especially,  it just fired my imagination and that is that as far as i can remember.

I think that most of us here have always had a slight attachment to the unexplained, but it`s that one moment for me about 2 years ago where my own personnal growth in life lead me wondering why so much was still unexplained.... given our technology. I was amazed at how much we (humans) didn`t know about certain things on earth.

I guess that`s what really draws me in. The fact that not only do I not know why some things are the way they are... but our current human race doesn`t even know.

Like I said... I think everyone has some sort of attachment to the unexlained. Some are too busy with daily life routines to stop and wonder why, and some thrive on it... like us.

Anywho... that`s my story... well... not really a full story but hey close enough.

Anyone else?

I agree with Mystify,  in that I have always had a curiosity about anything unexplained,  or mysterious.  In particular,  I remember hearing the story about the Lost Colony in North Carolina.  It still fascinates me that their disappearance has never been resolved.  ???

KC

I haven't heard that one, tell us more...

I got interested in the unexplained by a number of reasons, my mom has a small collection of old books on the paranormal and UFO's, i read these and found that the topics they covered were interesting for me, another thing that got me interested in the paranormal was that great kids show The Ghostbusters, I wanted to find out more about ghosts.  

i have a couple of those, my brother gave them to me, they were done by ORBIT and had a metal strip that went through the staple to hold them in the folder.

I thought they were fairly good.

Thanks for those links guys  :)

Yes,  thanks for those links - I hadn't heard about the drought theory.

What got me interested in the unexplaind was what happen the day after my Grandma died. It was real weried and left my wondering about what had happpend.

I think mankind in general is drawn to the mysterious and the unknown. There is a certain desire to seek out things we don't understand in an effort to explain them.

I became interested in the unexplained originally because I had a considerable interest in the UFO Phenomenon, and later discovered the sheer number of other strange things that go on in the world that nobody can really explain.

After looking up the Internet for web sites on the subject, I found so many different phenomena, that I decided I needed to find a site with them all listed so that I could look them up like an Encyclopaedia.

Funnily enough that gave me an idea for making a web site of my own.  ;)

:sk

Hey, crosis - i'm sure i've got a few of those still knocking about at my parents house  -  i remember one picture that used to scare the hell outa me - it was only an artists rendition of an eye witness acount, but it grabbed my imagination and i couldn't look at that page!

(it was a picture of the top half of a ghostly figure walking up some stairs)

A lot of it is to do with humankind's innate curiousity too.

PS,

God i remember that. *shudders*

oh.........Here come the nightmares. :s9

I wish someone would reprint and Update that, but i doubt if it will ever have the same effect on me even if they did :sq

Well i'll see if i still have them and i'll scan them in (oh, if i can get my scanner working again - thats what i was s'pposed to be doing today, not mucking around on forums...). Then see if Gareth will host some of the pictures (possibility of infringed copyright notwithstanding).

I've always been curious on how things work or why some things happen. But I have a list of what got me interested,

being told ghost stories as a child

Dr Who

the early Frankenstien and Draclua movies

seeing the film version of Dennis Wheatlys 'the Devil rides out'

Dickens 'Christmas Carol' (my favourite ghost story)

:s01 :s02 :s01