Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dinosaur favorites

newbloodmoon

When I was a kid growing up in the 70's T-Rex was the big dino on campus when it came to overall favorites. I though having to be different decided I wanted a favorite all to my "own" so I went with the Ankylosaurus. And even today the tank with the clubbed tail still ranks high for sentimental reasons. And though it is classified as a synapsid I absolutely loved Dimetrodon, still do. (Even when I found out as a kid that they were not true dinosaurs.)

Edited by newbloodmoon

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• newbloodmoon

• Jack_of_Blades

• Master Sage

I've been digging Velociraptors ever since I saw Jurassic Park... :wub:

Hey newbloodmoon -- Ankylosaurus is my favorite too - and all of those short squat guys with the spikes and weird club or spiked tails.

Hey newbloodmoon -- Ankylosaurus is my favorite too - and all of those short squat guys with the spikes and weird club or spiked tails.

oh no I am gonna have to change my favorite now. someone else like the Ankylosaurus..... :blink: No just kidding. Well that's good, glad to see that there are others out there that have the same weird tastes I do.

Therizinosaurus, Bambiraptor, Utahraptor, Crylophosaurus, Acro, Pachyrhinosaurus and Einiosaurus.

I've been digging Velociraptors ever since I saw Jurassic Park... :wub:

It had actually taken me a very long time to like velociraptor for the very same reason that caused you to love them. It seemed everyone around was a Raptor backer, but overall I think they are pretty kick butt all together.

I was always interested in the Pterosaurs, Velociraptors and most big Meat eaters (T-Rex, Giganatosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus). Oh I also like lypluradon (sp?)

Bambiraptor

Is that some kind of small fawn-like dinosaur? I gotta go find a picture of that.

Is that some kind of small fawn-like dinosaur? I gotta go find a picture of that.

:rofl: No! Its a kind of bird-like raptor.

Oh I also like lypluradon (sp?)

Liopleurodon :yes: True king of the deep

As far as predators I always liked Allasuarus. As posted before, probably because they don't get picked much.

For a regal dinosaur, I think the crown would belong to Crylophosaurus...Not only was it the only large predator in Antarctica, it had beautiful head adornments...Imagine it strutting!

I don't think I had ever picked anything because of how regal it is. That would probably cause me to choose something squat, and ugly just to be different.

• 2 months later...

My favorite is Acrocanthrosaurus

There was already another thread on this...oh well...

My favorite is Therizinosaururs.

Hey im the new guy i didnt know...

Ok, the Mods probably will just merge threads...Use the search function if you are not sure.

m'kay

My favorite used to be Deinonychus, a close relative of Velociraptor (and before the Jurassic Park movie, it was the more famous raptor). Since then I have developed an affection for Dromaeosaurus, a smaller, more intelligent raptor. I am also fond of Ceratosaurus, a horned, smaller theropod similar to allosaurus. Dilophosaurus is also a favorite of mine. For herbivores, I am fond of diplodocus.

-Pilgrim

I liked the T-Rex on the carnivore side, and Ankylosaurus on the herbivore side, since I was young... :)