Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Floating Black Boxes"

Nancy

I would appreciate any feedback if any of you have experienced what I am about to describe.

Shortly after my Mother died, I began having unusual "sightings" of.. how do I describe them... "Floating Black Boxes"... sometimes Rectangular, but most of the time Square. I'd guess the size is about 10" X 12" solid and coal black.

My Mom and I were really 'connected' while she was alive and I've "heard" from her several times since she passed in 1992. The last incident was several years ago.

However, about 2 months after her death, I had her ashes scattered near Diamond Head, Hawaii, I started seeing something zoommmmm by the corner of my eye. It always happens in daylight.... due to the fact they are black, could explain why I've never seen them at night, yet I don't "feel" any presence at night either.

There is total silence, no feeling of "cold air" ...... in fact, no feeling of moving air at all, which really puzzles me, since these objects travel very quickly, at eye level.

It started as one black box and on occasion, there are two of them, side by side.

They "poof" as quickly as they arrive and usually go behind my back.

Before anyone asks, yes.... I've had my eyes checked... rolleyes.gif No "floaters" or unusual abnormalities in either eye......... just the same ole green eyes.

Although I don't feel any 'air' stirring, I do feel a 'presence'... peace and calm, not anxious. I don't see them coming in my direction, they just appear out of nowhere and disappear the same way. This has been going on since early 1993.

Other than calling the Men in White Coats, can anyone give me a clue? Thank you!

original.gif

I find this quite interesting, actually, Nancy. I've 'seen' things myself, and although they were demonstrably hallucinations that I was experiencing with no objective reality to speak of, I find this kind of experience intriguing.

The first thing that strikes me is the peculiarity of what you see - something so inorganic and incongruous as a black box, and yet that brings a feeling of peace. The time it started leads anybody to the fairly sensible conclusion that it is in some way connected to your mother's death, but it begs the question of the form of the manifestation. Why a black box? Perhaps this is just one of those inexplicable things...you see boxes (I work with a woman who sees cats all over the place, she's quite phlegmatic about it)- and you have mentally attached a feeling of serenity to them. For a (slightly facetious) defence of this argument, once, in my teenage years, I decided that trees actually radiate well-being, and I found that I could actually feel this sense of well-being by touching the tree. In time it extended itself to all wood, be it furniture or whatever. When I got a little older, and forgot all about it, I no longer experienced this same sensation - I still don't, and never will again, I suspect. My point is that regardless of anybody's opinions on trees, I 'constructed' a feeling attached to an object, and the feeling was most definitely real, subjectively real at any rate. The fact that I constructed this feeling myself is demonstrated by the fact that once I stopped believing in it - or forgot to believe in it - the 'magic' stopped working.

Sorry. I'm rambling incoherently. The point of this post was to ask a simple question...

Is it actually a box? I mean, does it appear in 3 dimensions, or is it flat?

Sorry to prattle on. I get the bit between my teeth and that's it.

Sorry. I'm rambling incoherently. The point of this post was to ask a simple question...

Is it actually a box? I mean, does it appear in 3 dimensions, or is it flat?

Sorry to prattle on. I get the bit between my teeth and that's it.

Aslan, to me? You were not rambling or prattling... honest! I appreciate your input.

Yes, it/they is/are 3 dimensional, not flat. To me, it is a box.

At first? It was a bit mind bending, not peaceful or serene. It wasn't until the third or fourth go 'round that a feeling of "calm" began. Originally? I honestly thought I had vision problems, so I didn't really feel comfortable, trying to discern "what" was going on.

One more thing? I transported my Mom's Cremains across the Country. The funeral home placed them in a container and that container was sealed inside............ Yep, you got it....... a black box. The size of the box holding the Cremains was much smaller than the one(s) that began buzzing my head.

I kept the box in my home while I made arrangements to have the box shipped to Hawaii....... It was shortly thereafter that "this" started.

Thanks for your time........

well, i think its a floater. i have a circular shaped one in one of my eyes. it is also black. next time you see it, note which eye its in and keep a record. floaters are usually only noticeable in bright light. sometimes, mine seem to come and go depending on what i eat.

most eye doctors will not be able to detect a floater unless you specifically ask them to find it. they use a device to see them- at least my doctor was able to locate mine when i pressed him to find it.

Bizarro..... Thanks for your input, but I have had this checked several times.

I am also diabetic, so vision problems are common. However, the diabetes is relatively new, the "black box" has been around since 1993.

This "whateveritis" approaches me..... From either the right OR the left....

zooms past at eye level and then goes behind my back and then it's "poof"...... Definitely not a floater.

Nancy, I'm going to put my skepticism on pause for a moment and tell you something from my childhood.

My grandmother - who in my mind was the kindest, most beautiful soul to walk this earth - once told me that when you experience something similar to what you described means that the departed is trying to contact you for some reason. It's not in any way a haunting. And it does depend on the "feeling" you get when you see something like this. If you feel a sense of calm or comforting, the dear departed is trying to reassure you because he/she knows you need this. The same goes for feelings of dread or sadness; then your loved one's soul is trying to alert you to possible harm.

I learned so many beautiful things from my grandparents concerning the spirit world. It's a shame I've become so jaded.

• Like 2

Thank you Exerter original.gif Sharing information is one of the best reasons for this Forum and your willingness to open up, helps me to think this through.

What you said is how I've felt about this all along. Tis just puzzling that a nudge from the Other Side would be a 'black box." I'd prefer a tap on the shoulder w00t.gif

Favor? Keep remembering your Grandmother, perhaps she is tapping you on the shoulder to unload that 'jaded' feeling wub.gif

Thanks for the answer Nancy. The reason I'm curious is because something in 3 dimensions - something with physical form in other words - would seem to rule out floaters. Having said this, I don't know much about floaters but I always assumed that they were just blotches or colours or shapes at the periphery of vision - they don't actually assume the form of a particular 'object'. I will gratefully accept instruction in this matter if I'm wrong.

Aslan........ Here ya go, maybe this will help. I really appreciate your input! wub.gif

http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/s...spotsfloats.htm

Eye Floaters and Spots Symptoms and Signs

If a spot or shadowy shape passes in front of your field of vision or to the side, you are seeing a floater. Because they are inside your eye, they move with your eyes when you try to see them. You may also see flashes of light. These flashes occur more often in older people as the vitreous humor thickens and tugs on the light-sensitive retina. They may be a warning sign of a detached retina. Flashes also occur after a blow to the head, often called "seeing stars."

Eye floaters and spots are usually harmless, but flashes of light may indicate a problem. If you're suddenly seeing spots, floaters or flashes, get an eye exam to make sure nothing's wrong.

Some people experience flashes of light that appear as jagged lines or "heat waves" in both eyes, often lasting 10-20 minutes. These types of flashes are usually caused by a spasm of blood vessels in the brain, which is called a migraine. If a headache follows the flashes, it is called a migraine headache. However, jagged lines or "heat waves" can occur without a headache. In this case, the light flashes are called an ophthalmic migraine, or a migraine without a headache.

wow...my grandma died last august and everytime i go into her extension of the house i get this strange feeling...like she is watching me...i get really scared alot...i'm afraid to go into my basement for fear of being posessed...and i fear going downstairs to the kitchen in the middle of the night...for fear of Spiders (arachnaphobic here)...well...i never saw any black boxes or anything...i think it is just her saying she's ok...but i feel guilty because i am also a necrophobic and i decided not to go to the funeral...very sad...

I've never seen any floating boxes, but I have witnessed an unusual ball of white light fly in my mother's house.

I guess you might call it ball lightning or an orb.

Nancy , I believe that you are subconsciously associating the spirit with the cremains box and that you are allready aware of this . I may be wrong but my spidey senses tell me that the size of your Mother's cremains box was a little upsetting for you when you first had to deal with it and I think somewhere in that is where you will find the answer to why you see the sprits as boxes .

I believe you when you say you have comunicated with your Mom since her death and I think it is a wonderful thing , but I think we should try to rule out a subconcious reaction to stress .

I hope I'm not coming across as overly skeptical but the brain is capable of creating hallucinatory images while under stress , perhaps the other things that were happening around you at the time where influencing you and your experience . Having said that I'm the girl that claims she was attacked by a shadow who am I to judge ... original.gif

Kismit...... You are allowed to be skeptical, that's fine with me. original.gif

I've hesitated in bringing this up, due to that very reason, and to associate what I've "seen" with the cremains box makes perfectly good sense. However, my gut tells me it is more than that, thus my request for input from Members here.

While your theory may be totally accurate and perhaps I am in denial about all this, I still contend that there is more to this, than my blonde brain and emotions playing tricks on me. Deep down, the size of that container never has bothered me.

The same scenerio was true with my Dad and my wishes are to be cremated as well, although I hope Mel Gibson doesn't mind me sitting on his mantel wub.gif

All of this is speculation, of that there is no doubt. I am convinced that this unusual experience that is ongoing has nothing to do with my vision.

Your input is deeply appreciated, thank you. thumbsup.gif

• 8 years later...

I realize this post is extremely old & I have since tried to contact Nancy (the original poster), but it sadly seems like she may have passed away since this post....does anyone know if that's correct?

Anyhow, I am very interested in Nancy's original post as two days ago I saw exctly what Nancy discribed - which is how I found this site - I googled floating black box & found Nancy's post. I was completely amazed that someone else had seen the exact same thing!!

Other floating black box sightings are reported but they all seem to be large & in the sky, where-as what I saw was eye level & coal black...very dense....about 12" by 4" retangle...that appeared to be from a parallel dimension....it had a distinct not of this world feel. The colour & the way it moved horizontally in a straight line, had also an unusual not of this world feel to it.

I know seeing a floating black box is a 'not of this world' experience...but what I'm trying to explain is that when I have seen ufo's they feel like they are in our environment....this black box felt like like it was lifting a veil (so to speak) to enter our dimension & it brought with it it's own distinct 'feeling'. Hard to but into words....

I would REALLY appreciate hearing from anyone else who has had any similar experiences with 'shapes' entering our dimension.

• Like 1

Really Brian? :rolleyes:

I like my campfire stories with lots of action & drama - this had neither - this was well & truly something else & very clear & real.

It looks like you've been on this site since 2008...did you know Nancy (the original poster)?

The OP is long gone. Kismit is still around tho, maybe you should read what she said.

From http://mysticaluniverse.com/

Nancy contributed more than twenty years of her life to the collection and publication of the reports within this website. Her tireless efforts helped thousands of people to have their UFO, Paranormal or Creature experience to be heard. Unfortunately, Nancy was diagnosed with cancer and sadly lost her battle. Before she passed, she handed control of Mystical Universe to another huge contributor, and an amazingly good investigator, Brad Mildern.

Edited by Brian Topp

Thanks Brian, I found that website too - I thought it must have been the same Nancy, guess I was hoping it wasn't :cry: . I'd love to speak to someone that new her...that website doesn't have a direct contact link, just a 'sighting report', I think...but I'll hop over there and see what I can do.

Cheers

CB

Edited by Celestial_Blu

Cheers Coldethyl - Yes I read what Kismit posted - my brother died years before my sighting, which was just a few days ago, plus my brother was buried in a large pale wood coffin, so no little coal black box associated with his memory.

This is a mystery that I would love to get more info about...or even speak with someone who has had a similar experience. I have absolutely no association with any small dense black boxes at all...that image was not apart of my world in anyway, until last week.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just did the exact same thing. I had to google floating black box and this is all I could find.

I do meditate regularly and I do like to make attempts at contacting higher beings shall we say. I'm a big fan of Crowley and read a lot of his writings quite regularly and had done so the night before this happened...

It was Thursday morning and I awoke during the night eventually falling asleep at around 4am then I'd say around 6am I woke up again and I don't know how to describe this but was unbelievably calm and tired. I felt completely at peace and there was no bad or foreboding feeling but floating a few inches short of my ceiling was a rectangular black box, I didn't feel threatened by it at all. It was 3 dimensional and just in the one spot floating maybe 14 inches by 5 inches. I don't know how else to put this except I was completely sober and the box almost comforted me back to sleep. Very strange I know but I felt like it was perhaps just observing me?

Would love to be able to talk to Celestial Blue or Nancy or anyone who has had a similar experience, I do enjoy the occult but I felt there was nothing malevolent about this box it seemed to wash a sense of tranquility over me.

I have to stress it wasn't a frightening or scary experience, it was almost liberating I felt like something from another side was telling me you're safe.

I just wanted to say hello and share my experience with this matter. Unlike the OP I do have floaters in both eyes. I've had them from some time. However, the floater theory falls short of the black box mainly because floaters or at least the ones I've become accustom to are semi transparent unless your trying to focus on them because of them being on the eyes. They are also very easily spottable and close in vision throughout the day. Anyone with them usually knows when they are seeing them flat out of daily living after a period of time.

I have also been seeing what ya'll are describing off and on since I was a child. The difference with the black boxes in my experiences are they are solid 3 - dimensional objects with deep clear and defined color and not close in vision to the eyes or face like floaters appear. While they are seen at eye level there is usually a noticeable amount of distance between me and the object itself. When seeing the black boxes they usually appear quickly without warning and disappear in the same manner. I have never felt threatened or any real 'feeling' associated with them other then thinking to myself, "That's odd."

What my biggest question is for others who are experiencing this as well is have you ever had other experiences seeing other phenomena? My experiences off and on over the years with seeing the black boxes did not begin until after I had witnessed other unusual phenomena. I don't yet feel comfortable discussing the other experiences I've had but am curious as to how many this correlates to.

Thank god somebody replied!

I have had some other strange experiences, I had never experienced sleep paralysis until last year. I dismissed this as a dream but I woke up had sleep paralysis breathed my way out of it fell asleep then had a waking dream where I woke up in my room and looked over the side of my bed where I thought my father had passed out on the floor but instead of my father being there a small faceless dark being attacked me and forced my quilt over my head and held me still until I woke up into sleep paralysis for a moment. I've seen some strange things in the sky since last year mostly around October last year strange orbs that moved from left to right across the sky with such ease they were either drones or something non-terrestrial. I'm quite cynical but since I started meditating and opening myself up to these experiences I've felt something is letting me know this reality goes far beyond our little lives on this planet.

I also had a really strange and personal dream where I spoke to Crowley's Lam whether this was completely a creation of mine or a real experience is up for speculation though. Some other things I too wouldn't like to type here right away.

The black box thing happened on Wednesday or Thursday morning and I had never seen anything like it. It cannot be dismissed as floaters because like you said it looks like an actual rectangle black computer speaker is floating directly in front of you.What I thought was strange was the fact that I was able to go back to sleep as I said above I felt a very undeniable sense of calm and relaxation wash over me.

Would love to hear more of your experiences.

I responded to your message you sent me. But, I will also post my response here as well for any who are reading this thread.

I think the box in the long run is a small glimpse. I don't really know of what. But like for a split second the veil lifts and we catching a glimpse of a spot on someone's clothing or something. Does that make sense? Not sure if that analogy really works there. I don't really get the impression that it is observing me more then its just going about its business and I happen to catch a moment's view of its routine.

I do know our eyes see by trying to associate what we're seeing to forms we recognize. Which is why there are so many photographs and paintings people can see things in due to matrixing. In my thinking on this subject, I believe its possible that we don't actually know what to associate what we are seeing with so our eyes show it to us in the form of the black box. Make sense?

I could be completely wrong on everything. But, its thoughts that have crossed my mind.

First time I have ever heard of a floating box. You always hear of floating, glowing spheres. A box to me, with multiple side, suggests it has to be a created object.