Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dream Linking and thought sharing...

TheMaskedMarauder

Last night I was telling my friends about a dream a had a few nights ago. In this dream, people in the world were being possessed by "god" or so they were saying, and anyone that was possessed had blood coming for their eyes, noes, mouth and ears. Anyone they came into contact with became possessed as well. In my dream, my family and I were being hunted down until only my sister and I were the only people left in the world unpossessed and we were on the run. In control of all the 'possessed' people it seemed there was this girl who could have been their queen, but I couldn't quite place a finger on who she looked like.

Well, as I'm telling my friends this story, my friend Katie interrupts me in the middle and she is completely disturbed. She waits for me to finish my story before she tells us about a dream she had a few nights ago... about the same time I had the dream. In her dream, she was possessed, and she had blood coming from her eyes. Anyone she came into contact with... became possessed. So she was like the queen possessed, spreading it more and more... And when I thought about it more, the 'queen' I saw in my dream did look quite like my friend Katie, (young, thin female with blond hair).

Scary coincidence? We were all pretty bothered that night. This even reminded me of another even similar to this about two years ago. My friend Matt and I were driving to our friend's house. We were discussing going to a taco bell, and he said, "No, I really don't have money for taco bell." So we sat for a while in silence, no music or anything, just driving. I was thinking to myself, "You know, if you wanna get taco bell, I'll give you some money." And I was thinking about saying that to Matt, but before I could say anything, Matt replies, "No, it's okay. I don't need to borrow any money." And I reply, "What?" Both confused, he asks me, "Didn't you say something just now? I thought I heard you say something." Completely sober, I reply, "No, I didn't say anything." He was sure he heard me say exactly what I was thinking to myself.

I'd love to know what peoples' thoughts are on these events. Does anyone ever experience things similar to this? I'm typically a hard skeptic, but these are some interesting examples of stuff I really understand or explain.

It's been proven that people can communicate telepathically. The scientific data in support has been available for many years. There are theories on possible mechanisms but no evidence I'm aware of, only speculation.

• Like 1

I have experienced many many coincidences and shared thoughts for years. I think it is a natural event (somehow). I could write a book about all these experiences, there are too many to list here.

My husband and I are always pre-empting each other. It amazes family that we'll be having a conversation and then come out with the same phrase at the same time. Also hubby keeps telling me off because I'll say something and he'll have been about to say it, but I'll beat him to it ^_^

^^^ Yeah, I get that a lot too except with me it's "my wife and I" :D I also tend to finish off peoples' sentences when they get stuck searching for the right word or are too slow for my liking (I get very impatient and most of the time I've already formulated a response - just waitin for them to spit-it-out so-to-speak). BTW, I only do it with those that I know will tolerate it - I'm not meaning to be rude. :(

• 3 years later...

OMG! I had an experience like this! I was talking to my friend about a dream i had that he was in... I described it to the last detail. And as i was about to finish the dream, my friend, completely disturbed and freaked out says, "I was there..." I asked him... what do you mean? Of course you were there... I told you you were in my dream *laughs* He says again, "NO, I mean, i was actually there... in the dream. That was me." I stopped a little disturbed myself. He continued to finish the rest of the dream for me... we both paused and ther was much awkward silence. I didn't know what to say cept, "That's pretty cool... how did that happen?" He just replied, "I don't know, lets not talk about it anymore!

There was also another instance, this one not as freaky, but still weird. So I was in science class daydreaming about the a dinosaur easting some monkeys. I get this weird feeling that i can't explain. I look behind me to my friend Devon. He was staring off into space and then looked at me. i asked him, "what are you doing?" He says, "I was daydreaming" I told him, "Me too!" We both laugh* He goes on to say, "I was just thinking about a dinosaur easting some monkeys! Pretty weird right? I don't know why I was thinking of it... it just sorta popped into my mind all of the sudden. I pause, then say, "NO ****ING WAY MAN!" He laughs and says, "I know right? It was weird!" I then ask him, "What did the dinosaur look like?" He told me, "Oh, well it was the one from toy story eating a barrel of monkeys... you know those little plastic one!" I got a little tripped out and asked him if he was kidding. Then i said, "That was exactly what i was thinking at the same exact time!" We were both talking about it all wondering why that happened.

Then the next day, my teacher decides to play a video about Quantum Mechanics. In it, it explains some weird trippy science. One being thought waves. It said that every thought wave has its own signal like a radio, and other peoples thoughts can attract this signal or station and tune in. It said that all thoughts affect others, like one huge network of thoughts! I guess that explains it! Weird how the world actually works, huh?

• 2 months later...

Back in the early 1990s I shared a dream with my best friend. In it we were talking about a number of subjects, like an ordinary conversation, except that it took place in a surreal enviroment that was unmistakably a dream. When I woke up, I thought "wow, that was strange, I should call my friend and mention it to him..." only to find his phone was busy, which was strange because he (and I) had call waiting. After several tries to repeatedly contact him, I hung the phone up. Almost immediately it rang. It was him, and apparently he was calling me over and over at the exact time I'd been calling him, just after we woke up. He started talking about the dream he just had, and that I was in it. I responded by describing the place we were talking together inside the dream. After a short moment of silence (shock) we started describing the exact conversation subjects, word for word, that we had discussed in the dream. After more than half an hour of finishing each others sentences talking about the dream we both concluded it had certainly happened and that neither of us were imagining this.

At the time I'd heard of nothing like this before. It compelled me to research dreams and psychic phenomena. Over time I learned a great deal about lucid dreams and dreamscaping. As it turned out I had a natural propensity to do both, although I was never very skilled at doing either consciously - it just happened alot whether I wanted to or not. Yet you can, with practice, learn to do this or expand upon your ability to make it happen consciously. Also there is, without question, a relation between dreamscaping and astral projection. Countless books and information can be found on these subjects and I strongly encourage anyone interested in them to take some time to learn more, especially if you find these things happening to you naturally.

I had another experience/coincedance with thought sharing about 3 days ago. I went to bed and was thinking about playing chess with my son. I was thinking how I taught him to play it when he was about five and that I should play again with him because we hadnt played much for about a year. So I was just thinking before I went to sleep that we should play more chess because I think its good for kids.

Anyway I woke up and asked my son what he dreamt that night, like I do almost every morning. Usually he tells me he doesnt remember and he hasnt remembered a dream for ages(like maybe 3 or so months). So I have been a little disappointed that he cant remember his dreams but I still ask him every morning just to see. Anyway he told me that he did remember a dream where he was playing Mortal Kombat chess. He said he just dreamed that he was playing the chess version of that game which he owns on playstation but hasnt actually played the game for months. Like he never plays Mortal Kombat chess hey.. So I thought it was trippy timing that I thought about playing chess with him as I fell asleep to find him telling me he dreamt of playing chess.

I've had other experiences with my son in regards to dream sharing which I've typed before, the most vivid one was of him and red paint, so it can found by searching under 'red paint' or maybe 'fairy'.

Edited by Kazahel

My mother does the unspoken thing all the time. Ive been called afew times. notebly one is usually emersed in something so much that everything else is drowned out.

Strangely though my episodes arent my mother but another woman whom i dont know. She sounds like shes in her teens-young twenties.

I once had a dream about talking to my classmates. A week later bam deja vu the conversation word for word. Strangely enough all of us were hit by Deja vu. Did we have the same dream or did i make the dream happen and they reacted to my surprise during our linked moment?

Also there is, without question, a relation between dreamscaping and astral projection. Countless books and information can be found on these subjects and I strongly encourage anyone interested in them to take some time to learn more, especially if you find these things happening to you naturally.

It's always interesting to hear when people have these kind of experiences with dreams. Through my experiences I've come to a personal conclusion, and by no means am I talking for anyone else or in general, that the majority of my sleep time is astral related or involves some sort projection.

If only this could be self induced, how awesome would it be to be able to meet up in dreamland with a friend whenever you wanted?

It's been proven that people can communicate telepathically. The scientific data in support has been available for many years. There are theories on possible mechanisms but no evidence I'm aware of, only speculation.

That is a completely lie, there is absolutely nothing to suggest such a thing at all. There is no evidence of telepathy hence it is not scientifically accepted.

And there are no theories as theories require a fact to explain.

I maybe had a similar dream with my son again last night. Last night I dreamt that I was picking my characters out of a game that my son and I play quite often. It's a board game and there are 32 characters to pick from and I was just dreaming that I was looking at each character and choosing who to use for the game. Anyway I remember picking two characters(usually we pick two each) but I only remembing one of them(a certain female character). And thats all I really remember.. I know why I chose her etc and I know I dreamt more but I dont remember.

Anyway I asked my son this morning if he could remember any dreams from last night(and I always ask before telling him of my dreams)and he said that he did a remember a dream.. he said he rememberd playing the same board game but that a certain character(the same one I remember picking in my dream)was real and was actually in the house. He said that she had turned evil and planted like a time bomb in a clock radio and had locked us in the house.

So I understand where the dream has come from but to dream that the same night is trippy because we hadnt played like we usually do and neither of us had chosen that character for ages. So for me to dream of that character and him to dream of the same one out of 32 of them, the same night, makes me wonder.

Edited by Kazahel

It's always interesting to hear when people have these kind of experiences with dreams. Through my experiences I've come to a personal conclusion, and by no means am I talking for anyone else or in general, that the majority of my sleep time is astral related or involves some sort projection.

Dreaming is neurologically explainable (and for the vast majority of it you will not remember) and is merely you minds way of dealing with events that have occurred. I think you conclusion serious misses this out.

Just to get you started.

Searvh through here too.

Edited by Mattshark

I had a friend that that had happend with about three times. I remember the first time it happend, she was really freaked out. I was playing a card game and she was drawing, and I heard her say "God I feel so fat", and I looked over and told her "You're skinnier than I am!". She was really freaked out. I think it happends when you're use to the person. (Obviously she had thought it.)

Edited by InfraredCow

• 4 years later...

I think I have something like this...I share dreams with my cousin. Heis 9, I am 10. We started off as having dreams that were connected in some sort of way. We shrugged it off, thinking it was nothing. We realized we started having..the same dreams. It was weird. And the most random dreams. One day, we both had the exact same dream. We were talking, and both of our parents had said we had sleepwalked the night before. Neither of us have ever sleep walked. I don't want this to scare him, because sometimes, I have whacked up dreams. If there are any suggestions, please help. I'm new to this kind of thing.