Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
j6p

Article - "Is there life on Jupiter's moon?"

8 posts in this topic

I saw a documentary on the BBC about this idea. There are examples here on Earth of life forms living without sunlight under deep ice, or in caves thousands of feet underground.

Fascinating, though I suspect the radiation point is a killer. sad.gif

Or maybe the domes are alien ski chalets? wink2.gif

"alien ski chalets?" Hmmmm...lol, I like that.

On a serious note though, I also read recently that the US or Russia is about to break through an ice cap in the south pole. It's many meters thick, I can't remember exactly how thick but the point is that the water that lies beneath it is said to be undisturbed for millions of years. They are talking about maybe finding life forms that are different from anything we know.

Yeah, I heard that too. They touched upon the problems present with that plan in the programme I saw.

As you say, the water has been undisturbed for millions of years, so any drill head they introduce to the environment is potentially a pollutant.

I think they're working on a system that melts the ice around it, or something like that, therefore sterilising itself.

I'm not technical minded, so someone out there must know more about how it works.

Maybe we could see an article on this site, on the team's progress so far?

Here ya go , I thought this might go nicely with this wee thread enjoy .....

Space theorist posits unusual life on Mars

'2nd genesis' on Red Planet

Full article

Thanks Kismit, that was a great read.

I knew you would appreciate it J6 . This space stuff goes right over my head most of the time so it's really nice to have the spacey people (they know who they are cool.gif ) and your good self on the site so I can learn from you all .

The stuff about a genesis on Mars makes good sense. Every time we've constructed a Geocentric theory to explain and understand the Universe, we eventually find out we really aren't the center of existence after all. wink2.gif