Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Smith Building Ghost

albaby

Sorry if I'm re-hashing an old topic. I tried to do a search by topic on this site, but all I got back were a bunch of errors. Anyway, I run accross a supposed ghost video on different sites that has me intreged (spelling ?). The video of the supposed "ghost girl" in the abandoned smith building in Corpus Christi, TX http://www.ghost-mysteries.com/view-video.php?id=5 . I would just like to know if this was deemed a hoax or not. I think the film is really cool and the guys reaction (however hysterically funny) seems quite genuine. Granted, it could just be a couple of actors (one with the camera and one in a dress). Who knows? Does anyone have more of the story? I can't get much info on the subject.

WOW! That is creepy. If it is true anyway. Cool, thanks for sharing that. Sorry i have no info but if you come across any let us know.

Sorry if I'm re-hashing an old topic. I tried to do a search by topic on this site, but all I got back were a bunch of errors. Anyway, I run accross a supposed ghost video on different sites that has me intreged (spelling ?). The video of the supposed "ghost girl" in the abandoned smith building in Corpus Christi, TX http://www.ghost-mysteries.com/view-video.php?id=5 . I would just like to know if this was deemed a hoax or not. I think the film is really cool and the guys reaction (however hysterically funny) seems quite genuine. Granted, it could just be a couple of actors (one with the camera and one in a dress). Who knows? Does anyone have more of the story? I can't get much info on the subject.

He sounded like that guy from scare tactics that saw the little rat demon when he screamed. I wonder what the history of that building or spot is.

• 7 months later...

Hey peeps! This is an old topic that I just come across because my younger brother was asking me about the smith building ghost. I'm from Corpus Christi and have seen an original copy of the full video with some friends, it was nice seeing the short clip online because I never did get to make a copy for myself. Some people say that the video is a hoax but seeing it in person sure looked real and scary (not to mention funny). One friend who watched the video is a Jehova's witness who does not believe in ghost or spirits and she said she could not believe her eyes that the little girl would just appear from out of thin air. her face literally looked white as a ghost. The little girl is seen numerous times, doors shutting unexplained, ladders falling, things getting thrown at the painters you could hear whistling as if they were playing with the camermen to find them, i think once the camera got messed with as well. the guys are tuff mexican guys with a huge cross and rosary beads to protect them while they yell and run like a bunch of girls lol. They also believed that there was an older man haunting in the house as well. the smith building is located dowtown corpus christi on schazell street and just passing by during daytime gives you goosebumps when looking at it. About this time near halloween the smith building tends to get popular again, I think a couple years ago some local rock radio station wanted to tour the building but was refused by the owner of the buildings because he didn't want the public to harass him, but its amazing how this video has spread. I really wish they could have a paranormal team investigate the building and for once just put to rest wether or not the video is a hoax. thanks for the website with the clip it is next best thing to actually seeing the full video. http://www.ghost-mysteries.com/view-video.php?id=5

There has been a lot of debate on this one. I don't think anyone has actually come out and said it was a fake. The whole video shows a guy that was with him always staying behind holding a cross. It looks like he really hurts his ankle when they both go flying down the stairs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi.. about this video.. I was the original poster of this video..i posted it on a few sites.. some of them have been shut down over the years..and others still are up.. like this one ABOVE TOP SECRET FORUM

Still image of the ghost girl

linked-image

And its not fair to charge ppl for the video..especially if you was not the first one to put it on the net..i do not lay claim to the video's creation..but I did get it from "the horses mouth"

If you want to see the full length video here is the link

SMITH BUILDING GHOST VIDEO

i havnt seen the video yet but i think maybe they are trying to scare people away because it may be dangerous

either that or they are angry and annoyed

i had the whole length vid for a while but it is real bad quality, it must be the tapes after being copied so many times, are the new ones uploaded better quality?

its really worth getting the full vid either way, shows more of the guy walking round looking for her, like hes seen her before..

Hi.. about this video.. I was the original poster of this video..i posted it on a few sites.. some of them have been shut down over the years..and others still are up.. like this one ABOVE TOP SECRET FORUM

Still image of the ghost girl

linked-image

And its not fair to charge ppl for the video..especially if you was not the first one to put it on the net..i do not lay claim to the video's creation..but I did get it from "the horses mouth"

If you want to see the full length video here is the link

SMITH BUILDING GHOST VIDEO

NOT FAIR?

It may be copyrighted!

Contrary to perception, just because it is posted on the internet does NOT mean it is "public domain" and not protected by copyright.

Something need not have copyright notice on it to be copyrighted. The best course is to assume that something is copyrighted and seek out the originator, asking if you may use it.

I'm a writer and photographer by trade and I've had an article stolen from the internet, where it was posted with full copyright warnings.

In my own case, I notified the host of the site where my article was posted by someone and he pulled it, with apologies. He also banned the poster who stole it from me.

If I had desired, I could have sued the poster for copyright infringement.

I usually don't have a problem if my post is repeated, as long as I get credit. But in this instance, the guy not only stole it but replaced my byline with his! And everyone was thanking HIM for writing it!

Estella317, you need to determine if that video is copyrighted. If it is, you could be in for a lot of trouble if you're making money selling copies of it.

anyways, back to the topic at discussion.... this video is going to be hard to do anything with as far as inserting anything with the poor quality. You have to think that along with the image they put in, they have to do it as well with the poor line in the picture which are constant throughout... whatever is in there it scared the S#$% outta me when he started screaming like someone from little rascals( and laughed histarically afterwards).

But have you guys seen the other random things in the video when you slow it down? i cant remember when but at the end of the hallway he pans when he hears a noise and you can see a figure kinda following him in certain camera shots.... eww creepy stuff man. and especially when he goes in the room and that little girl is in there.

If it was a fake sceram he prob would have tried to make himself not so girly in it :P, cause i know if i saw that i would be screamin like a girl for sure

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Welcome to UM Deltic9016. Most likely the Original Poster does not come here any more since he only did 3 posts since 2009 and his videos were removed so I doubt he will respond.

Edited by Brian Topp

• 8 years later...

this is to funny 8-9 years later I'm just getting to see my work how people know or don't know if its real well its fake I'm the one who made this and did all the work look it up on YouTube smith building prank sorry so late love the comments though .  

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 11:30 PM, Michael DeLaGarza said:

this is to funny 8-9 years later I'm just getting to see my work how people know or don't know if its real well its fake I'm the one who made this and did all the work look it up on YouTube smith building prank sorry so late love the comments though .  

Whats really funny had you not chimed in the resident believer everything is paramormal would have popped in here and hailed it as real.