Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sins

Astronema

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Astronema

• Glacies

• Yelekiah

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats are the six sins?

survivable cousins to the seven deadly ones? seriously haven't heard of that before...

Dont disrespect..BM

Dont tell BM lies

Dont steal from BM

Dont argue with BM

Dont fight with BM

Dont show jealousy to BM

:w00t:

Dont disrespect..BM

Dont tell BM lies

Dont steal from BM

Dont argue with BM

Dont fight with BM

Dont show jealousy to BM

Whose bm?

and what is all the seven deadly sins

Whose bm?

and what is all the seven deadly sins

I am BM LOL

Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.

Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

thats the 7 deadly sins

I am BM LOL

Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.

Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

thats the 7 deadly sins

The one about Envy. So a person can't become like Michael Jordan? Because if that player was trying to be like MJ then that means that player had a desire to have MJ's ability or status as 6 time NBA champion? Just wondering. Confuses me. Unless I'm thinking backwards. And Gluttony to. So I cant go to Hometown Buffet and stuff my face? What if I haven't ate in days? Hard to believe these things are sins. Unless Gluttony is like not caring for other people like eating all your food and not sharing with the poor or wasting the food.

Maybe you can explain to me some of this. One other thing: Isn't Idoltry suppose to be on that list? Means You cannot look up to someone as your hero only God is the person or soul you can look up to. Something like that. Thx.

The one about Envy. So a person can't become like Michael Jordan? Because if that player was trying to be like MJ then that means that player had a desire to have MJ's ability or status as 6 time NBA champion? Just wondering. Confuses me. Unless I'm thinking backwards. And Gluttony to. So I cant go to Hometown Buffet and stuff my face? What if I haven't ate in days? Hard to believe these things are sins. Unless Gluttony is like not caring for other people like eating all your food and not sharing with the poor or wasting the food.

Maybe you can explain to me some of this. One other thing: Isn't Idoltry suppose to be on that list? Means You cannot look up to someone as your hero only God is the person or soul you can look up to. Something like that. Thx.

Theres a book...i dont know if you heard of it...but its called THE BIBLE

open it up and read it and you will find your answer :yes:

I didnt make those sins up and I dont agree with them either (well not all of them) I just pasted those from a web site :D

Theres a book...i dont know if you heard of it...but its called THE BIBLE

open it up and read it and you will find your answer :yes:

A tad sarcastic on your behalf...the book dont kow if you have heard of it ...its called the bible..... :rolleyes: a bit rich from someone that didnt know of the 7 deadly sins and thought there where 6 sins :sleepy:

Edited by Beckys_Mom

That was funny BM :D

To me there is a difference between envy and jealousy. Envy unlike, jealousy, implies malevolence toward the individual that you are envious of. By the way, Seven was a great movie.

That was funny BM :D

To me there is a difference between envy and jealousy. Envy unlike, jealousy, implies malevolence toward the individual that you are envious of. By the way, Seven was a great movie.

Seven was an excellent movie...have the dvd :D and you are right there is a difference between envy and jealousy

IE I envy those that get to star in movie but I do admire them....

Jealousy...it shows hate ..when girls b**** about another girls good looks it is out of jealousy and brings spite...envy doesnt

Isn't Idolatry suppose to be on that list? Means You cannot look up to someone as your hero only God is the person or soul you can look up to. Something like that. Thx.

The admonishment against Idolatry (graven images) is found in the 10 Commandments (also known as the Decalogue), of which there are 3 versions found in the Hebrew scripture or, "Old Testament". (link)

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. (Exodus 20:4-6)

Dont disrespect..BM

Dont tell BM lies

Dont steal from BM

Dont argue with BM

Dont fight with BM

Dont show jealousy to BM

I'm dying over here....that was pretty hilarious dear. :lol:

The six rules of BM's lair.... :D

A tad sarcastic on your behalf...the book dont kow if you have heard of it ...its called the bible..... :rolleyes: a bit rich from someone that didnt know of the 7 deadly sins and thought there where 6 sins :sleepy:

I just finished watching "The Exorsicm of Emily Rose"....i dont know if you heard of it...haha

and she was saying "1 2 3 4 5 6"

and she was possesed by lucifer and he was say i'm the devil with in cain,legion,belial,nero and judas.... and i was wondering about there sins...i only know cains sin "envy"

so dont jump to conclusion "bm"...lol bowel movement haha

I just finished watching "The Exorsicm of Emily Rose"....i dont know if you heard of it...haha

and she was saying "1 2 3 4 5 6"

and she was possesed by lucifer and he was say i'm the devil with in cain,legion,belial,nero and judas.... and i was wondering about there sins...i only know cains sin "envy"

so dont jump to conclusion "bm"...lol bowel movement haha

I watched that movie as well...it is so far off what the true story is it should have been done as a fiction movie rather than even based on a true story. But of course thats my thoughts.

"bm"...lol bowel movement haha

:sleepy: have you indeed?

I'm dying over here....that was pretty hilarious dear. :lol:

The six rules of BM's lair.... :D

:D titter and i'll be adding more as I go along

no.7 - Don't disrespect Sheri Berrri

no.8 Dont disrespect other peoples beliefs

more to follow.. :w00t:

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Well Excuse Me :lol:

WHY did you break wind? :ph34r:

So the 'sins ' that religion has created for the purpose of keeping their doors open after all religion is a big big buisness they call these things wrong too, interesting line of thinking I'd call it a "contradiction" Interesting envy is the passion/desire that propels the little brother after watching his big brother reach for the door knob to try to do it also, its when we tell others you shouldn't strive because of the inspiration of others does it become jealousy, agian religon in its inexperince and unwillingness to grow or learn anything creates alot of problems and solves them by calling them sins...Am i the only one that has difficulty calling this a insightful valuable philosophy??? :D thanks for taking the time to search and find the defines for the 7 deadly sins Bec's Ma Namaste sheri

In the Bible it talks about heaven and all the beautiful things in it

and i guess only the follows will be welcomed

heres an example...When you tell a child what to do and what not to do and they listen you praise them...BUT if they do the wrong thing you dont praise them

WHY did you break wind? :ph34r:

lol no...But i can see why you made a potty joke...seeing as how i called you Bowel movement

lol no...But i can see why you made a potty joke...seeing as how i called you Bowel movement

you called me bowel movement wow that was pretty smart of you...tell me did you make that one up all by yourself? wow result to petty name calling you is well smart :w00t::rolleyes:

you called me bowel movement wow that was pretty smart of you...tell me did you make that one up all by yourself? wow result to petty name calling you is well smart :w00t::rolleyes:

like omg! How did you know! Do you like have espn or somthing....

Excuse me but i'm not dumb

And You need to chill out