Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to attract ghosts?

wolvesrdogs

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shai_Hulud

• wolvesrdogs

• Taylor

• Lin

There are so many ways to do this throughout mythology. Voodoo, has many such ways of doing this. You can also go to the area where this ghost dwells or where it died, if they are one and the same, you are in luck. Every famous ghost has its favorite place. Many of them have specific rituals that people perform to attract them, walking around anticlockwise six times around Devil's tower for instance... You could always go looking for one. Of course, Ghosts generally inhabit everywhere at every time. Forests, Castles, Cemetaries, and homes like yours.

Yes, I agree, you should go to a place that you either know is haunted or you think is haunted. Such as the "Wailing Woman's house" in my town. It was said that a woman had killed herself on a rock near the house that she lived in. At night you can hear her wail. Ooooweee. Sorry, need some sound effects in there. But thats the only way that I know how to get to a ghost.

Ghosts are the disembodied souls/spirits of the dead. Im sure you have a soul/spirit, by this logic, the best chance of encountering one is to disembody yourself...

Look, before you go killing yourself, just to talk to a ghost. Go to your local Toys 'R' Us and pick up a Ouija board. Then calls up some interested friends, get drunk and play with the game. You'll be surprised at the results.

Have some fun while your at it. :tu:

Yes, I agree, you should go to a place that you either know is haunted or you think is haunted. Such as the "Wailing Woman's house" in my town. It was said that a woman had killed herself on a rock near the house that she lived in. At night you can hear her wail. Ooooweee. Sorry, need some sound effects in there. But thats the only way that I know how to get to a ghost.

Just a note of warning here, Taylor. I don't think it is a good idea to post what look like Easter eggs with a statement that they will "hatch" on the first of March 2006. Some might take them as some sort of "virus" which will affect their computers and either delete your message without reading it or cancel their subscription to this website. What IS the purpose of those eggs, by the way? B)

Okay, I think that there are a few things that we should go over.

1. Why do you want to contact spirits? I can promise you that from an outsiders perspective communication with those on the other side can seem mysterious and all around pretty cool, but when you actually get down to it speaking with those who have passed can actually be a very dangerous and scary thing.

2. There is no way to weed out the good spirits from the bad ones. If you're asking for spirits you're gonna get them, but there is no guarantee that you're going to be talking to Casper.

3. I see that there are people here who are telling you how to communicate with spirits and ghosts, but in my opinion they are doing you an incredible disservice. Ouija Boards are extremely dangerous and tampering with them is about one of the worst things you can do. Ouija Boards may seem harmless, but they can become a portal to the other side and once you open that door you have no idea what's going to come through it nor will you most likely be able to close it. Even seasoned witches and psychics can find themselves in trouble while playing around with those boards.

The main jist of my post is just to advise you to be careful when trying to contact spirits, because it's not always a decision that you can take back. Afterall, it'd be a shame if you try out an Ouija board expecting Casper, but you really get a benevolent spirit.

I agree with Alt.buttons013 here

If you manage to open the door, anything on the other side may come through it. good and bad. Most likely bad tho, because is there any reason for a good/content soul to want to return to this dimension after death? Probably not imo.

The only good spirits, the way I see it, are the ones that have yet to pass fully over to "the other side". The ones we sometimes see, sometimes feel around us. :)

i have a different philosophy on the whole thing.... if u are really trying to contact ghosts, then u probably will, whether it's real or just made up in your head.

when i "ghost hunt" or go to spooky sites, i just try to be myself.... i want the ghosts to come to me if they are real.... im sure that if i want to hear something, then i prolly will, if i want to see something, i prolly will..

so just sit back at let them come to you... and i agree on the ouija board theory... DONT DO IT!!! especially if your drunk or high, cuz that can mess with ya later...

One thing I gotta say is never use Ouigi Boards. Those things creep me out!

I have heard many bad things about the use of Ouija boards and haven't dared dable in it myself, either. That and the many "recordings" I have seen where people use said boards seem as though someone is taking the lead as to where the pointer, glass or object goes. If you really are that desperate to attract ghosts, have you tried gathering some equipment designed for paranormal detection? Heat sensors, night vision cameras, so on and so forth. Also, another thing, and probably the most simplest - try calling out to them. Ask them to present themselves, to commune with you but define that you don't want them to harm you or cause any violence. Warn them that you only wish to communicate and nothing more, that you have respect for them and such.

I can't say that my suggestion will work, but it's better trying than nothing at all, right?

My advice would be to go to your local library or book shop and get some books on communicating with ghosts, spirits etc. One book they I know of is "The Complete Idiot's Guide To Communicating With Spirits" by Rita S. Berkowitz and Deborah S. Romaine

Also I would buy or try hire the stuff that Vittra has chatted about, another part of advice is to go to a web site like ghoststudy.com and ask them how they got into the area of contacting ghosts.

:unsure2: attract ghosts? uhm, why? life too boring lately? in need of trouble?

Climb up a tree and act like a nut? or is that a squirrel...maybe ghost squirrels...

seriously, i can't think of summoning spirits outside of anecdotes of ouija boards...