Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bizarro

Customers unhappy? Sue them

8 posts in this topic

Parents should thank Cary Sherman, the head of the Recording Industry Association of America. Now they have a brand new bogeyman they can use to frighten their children into brushing their teeth or doing their homework or whatever they're supposed to be doing. Kids just aren't afraid of witches and trolls the way they used to be -- but a visit from an RIAA lawyer waving a multimillion-dollar lawsuit around, that'll put the fear of God into them for sure.

Just look at 12-year-old Brianna Lahara of New York. She was trembling with fear when she heard she was named in one of the 261 lawsuits the RIAA launched recently against music downloaders. "Why are they picking on me? My stomach is all in knots," she said. The trembling probably made it harder to sign the $2,000 (U.S.) settlement the RIAA had drawn up, but they seem to have managed. Brianna released a statement saying she was really sorry, and didn't want to "hurt the artists I love."

http://www.globetechnology.com/servlet/sto...ront/inhtm.html

this article hits the nail on the head. im never buying a CD again. as if all those years of paying 20+ dollars for a CD that cost 2 dollars to produce wasn't enough, now they are suing 12 years olds living in subsidized housing. not very good public relations.

And the law is on the RIAA's side -- giving others access to music you don't own the rights to is a breach of copyright law. Of course, so is making more than one copy of a CD you bought, or making up a mixed disc for a friend, or using MP3 files to DJ a dance party. Jaywalking and driving without a seatbelt are also against the law.

exactly. where do we draw the line? what is acceptable copyright infringement and what is not? we should have the right to make our own CDs and even share them with people we know. its ridiculous to think we shouldn't. some laws will be broken but people break some laws because they aren't practical. this law is impractical and we are supposed to accept it because we might get sued? this is like a city making an example of a 12 year old girl jaywalking by suing her family for 2000 bucks. that is clearly unacceptable punishment for what she did.

I couldn't agree more DS. This whole situation with file sharing is totally ridiculous !. In Australia they are even wanting to put a tax on recordable media to cover the so call losses made from file sharing. Does that mean since we are paying for it in taxes that we are allowed to share files ?... Of coarse not. And who are the leaders in this thing ? Seems to me to be the artists and companies that are making the most money. I would love to see everyone do as I am doing and as you are going to do...Stop buying CD's !. Especially Metallica's CD's wink2.gif .

Sorry for ranting but I am sick of hearing these multi million and billion dollar bands and companies whinging about how man millions they should have earn't this year.

It is so sad what our goverments are doing to people. Not everyone can afford to go out and but all the latest things. So especially if a teen wants to fit in or a tween, they will go to a friends house and download a song. It is cheaper to get a cd burner and cdr's in the long run then to go and buy 3 or 4 of the "newest" cd's.

It is so pathetic that these artist that make millions of dollars , do not stop and think about the people that can not buy all the gear and cd's and tickets. What ever happened to humanity and being kind to each other.

I think all superstar musicians should take the number of cd's sold and the same amount should be donated to children and families that are not able to buy them. The "stars" can always use another tax deduction, right?!?

art is supposed to be free, a form of expression, the only time one should charge for art is if they were asked to produce something specifically for someone else, me being an artist my self (not music but drawing) i understand this, i dont even charge people when people come to me asking me to draw something up for them, i do understand however people need to make a living, but charging overly priced amounts for, like the person above said, a 2 dollar cd is outrageous, the music industry is basically upset because they have had a sort of monopoly on the distribution of music, there was only a limited amount of ways to obtain it, now that technology has caught up, they dont have this power of controling the music flow and cant rip the kids off anymore, the only way around illegal downloading is charging a proper price for cd's, i know i would much rather pay 5 bucks for a cd rather then spend all the time downloading it

Parents should thank Cary Sherman, the head of the Recording Industry Association of America. Now they have a brand new bogeyman they can use to frighten their children into brushing their teeth or doing their homework or whatever they're supposed to be doing. Kids just aren't afraid of witches and trolls the way they used to be -- but a visit from an RIAA lawyer waving a multimillion-dollar lawsuit around, that'll put the fear of God into them for sure.

to hell crap with them i say.it's just the matter of overpricing in the cds.

personally i'd rather go for the originals than to burn or purchase the counterfeited goods but the price is simply unacceptable.i agree with seeking here,d/ding can at times frustrate you,well at least it did to me.but with the price of one original cd able to burn many many more cds,why not the trouble of d/ding thru the net??

this idiots (RIAA) just wanna dig out the profits and screw our interests.so what do i say,we c'nue.we'll see how they're gonna stand against the might of the millionssss..... sasmokin.gif

if the greedy so and so's would like some advice then here goes

cd of "whatever artist " is £15

cost of making cd is £2

profit is at least £10

user download cost is pennys...you already pay for internet access for everything including music.

blank cd's for burning about 21p...

so about 30p for a cd that we have to buy for about £15

granted it is not as good..with a glitch here and there and a song not recorded correctly...but price wise it's worth it

OK MUSIC PEOPLE..HERE GOES .. READ AND LEARN

SELL FOR £5 INSTEAD OF £15 AND YOU WILL GET SALES BACK UP.......

people don't mind paying for the best ,IF it's at a low cost..instead of this greed

and staying in the UK it's worse,,we get screwed by by everyone.USA/EUROPE. AND OUR OWN GOVERMENT.....ESP IF YOUR A CAR OWNER...<---nothing to do with music , but hey had to put it in sad.gif

Hey engulf, i like your new avatar

Hey engulf, i like your new avatar

Thank You Darkstar original.gif