Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

werewolves

dreamhunter

Here are my examples collectively (some of them again) of wolf/human anomalies. I'm backing you up here Jim The Lycan because I believe there is something to this whole werewolf thing, too. :)

user posted image

Interesting photos you get there Alisa :)

The 1st on the bottom row, looks quite realistic :tu: I would love to see more when you get some ^^

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psyche101

• dreamhunter

• Alisa

• Jim The Lycan

Interesting photos you get there Alisa :)

The 1st on the bottom row, looks quite realistic :tu: I would love to see more when you get some ^^

Thanks Devil's Dog. :) I hope I get more of these guys in my photos to post!

Thanks Devil's Dog. :) I hope I get more of these guys in my photos to post!

Ummmm Alisa........

Werewolves are very bad by nature, killing people, no survivors, mutilations - stuff like that.

If you feel you are really in contact with such a creature, are you sure it is a good idea to persist? Bringing such evil into one's house might be a bad idea. Should such a thing be real, it's main agenda would be destruction of human life wouldn't it, either physically or metaphysically?

Just a thought. :innocent:

Ummmm Alisa........

Werewolves are very bad by nature, killing people, no survivors, mutilations - stuff like that.

If you feel you are really in contact with such a creature, are you sure it is a good idea to persist? Bringing such evil into one's house might be a bad idea. Should such a thing be real, it's main agenda would be destruction of human life wouldn't it, either physically or metaphysically?

Just a thought. :innocent:

Oh synchronicity. I was just thinking about the wolves and was going to write something on how they might look a bit tough on the outside, but at their core they are friendly. Ha, ha.

Seriously though, thanks for caring. And honestly, except for the popular culture and movies, I have never even thought about werewolves. The first time I saw the wolf in my photo, it was so intense to me that I had to take a day to ponder this and wonder if it could be something other than good. When I woke from a dream the next morning, I had the thought/message that the wolf is my friend, so I decided he must be.

I guess I don't believe in the whole idea of werewolves as being people who change into them and attacking others, though I can't say I know for sure as I have no experience in this area. Sure, it seems far fetched, but so does fairies! :o:lol:

Honestly, I don't believe in evil, :devil: just varying degrees of goodness. :innocent:

^ Ohh, I certainly belive if you have one, you must have the other, all evidence through time has pointed to that IMHO. This is one thing that even science and religion agree on.

Balance. Good and Evil. For every action, there must be an equal and oppostite re-action. I am sure I could convince you of evil with one or two links, very easily. It exists, and be wary of it. Of this I am 100% certain, and you know how skeptical I am. I do not make light of the subject of evil.

Sounds like what you believe in is more of a spirit guide than a Werewolf.

Edited by psyche101

Nothing to believe. They don't exist.

I think this is wrong, there oviously is something to believe because so many people believe it. :rolleyes: Plus, This animal has been feared for senturys, if its been believed for that long theres oviously something to it.

Nothing to believe. They don't exist.

I think this is wrong, there oviously is something to believe because so many people believe it. :rolleyes: Plus, This animal has been feared for senturys, if its been believed for that long theres oviously something to it.

Yes Jim is right.

Eric i see that you don't believe in them at all & think they are fake. I would love to see all the "Prove" you have that they are fake.

To damn right lol.

Well something is in the myth whether it be real or just a fear that was used many centurys ago.

Could they survive yes, could they be real yes. Many questions but has there been real sightings? or any real occurances?

Anything in reality can be real eg a fish with 12 mouths could be in theory real, or a man with 4 legs, 8 arms and 2 noses.

But really do i believe in Werewolfs does me not going out alone on full moon nights answer it :D lol

Personaly, I think werewolves are real, more real mabye then the kraken, which they have hard evidence for! theres notations of werewolves in the bible, and pre-bible, i mean look at the mexican wolf boy! plus, mabye a werewolf is a for-legged animal, but like a bare is rears up when attacking, that why people think its a biped.

• 1 month later...

It's possible but unlikely in other words; my opinion is they're fake. <_<

though I got to admit it's very entertaining hearing werewolve hoaxes,and

seeing movies about them!

Personaly, I think werewolves are real, more real mabye then the kraken, which they have hard evidence for!

WTF????????????????????

How do you come to that conclusion??? I assume you mean the giant or collosus squid, not Kraken?

As someone who has twice been seen to adopt a wolf form alongside human form (once I was seen with leonine and reptilian as well as human), I cannot rule out that it is possible to adopt full wolf form; however this is not the ficticious transformation between human and wolf(man) - but it is a manifestation of 'spirit' (for want of a better term here). Those of you looking for evidence of physical transformation are on the wrong track ;)

Literal rapid physical transformation, involving tissue changing into the tissue analogue within another species, is so impractical as to be a biological impossibility.

That said, you can't truly say that werewolves don't exist, since everyone is free to have their own definitions, both of the nature of a werewolf and the nature of existence. The modern conception of a werewolf as a man who physically changes periodically into a half-man/half-wolf form (similar to a bear or gorilla) and is nearly invulnerable to attacks not made with silver bears no resemblance to ancient beliefs. The silver vulnerability was attributed to werewolves first in the Lon Chaney movie "The Wolf Man." The same goes for the vulnerability to the herb wolfsbane. Also, ancient werewolves were always said to take the form of a wolf, not a bipedal monster (even if some old French illustrations show a werewolf standing on two feet to attack, this is not included in the original testimony, only in the artists' conceptions).

What is a werewolf, then? It is what Medieval man feared as they walked the dark woodland roads before the advent of electric light: a savage beast with the intelligence of a man, killing as a human murderer kills, for pleasure, rather than as an animal kills, for food or defense.

The somatic delusions which have led some to feel themselves turning into animals have been around for a very long time, and account for most cases of psychological lycanthropy. The term delusion may even be misleading, as the perception is convincing and immersive enough to define that person's "reality." No one, after all, can directly perceive reality; we are restricted to perceiving the indirect effects of reality; therefore, reality looks different to all observers.

Consider also the possibility that a transition between one form and another may be made without tissue transformation, without biological mechanisms. What would be the experience if you were to tune your perception to another level of reality, one in which you were something other than human? The existence of other universes can be demonstrated by quantum physics, and consciousness is not understood by any science.

There are, therefore, more questions available than answers.

GT

Hmm, but they do exsist in the dreaming world. I look at it more of connecting to your animal spirit side or something. I guess I will just tell you what I had happen and you can make of it what you want. I would like to say first up that Im not someone who liked wolves and thats why I dreamt them etc. I just happened to dream them and I followed the flow of the dreams as I was learning to lucidly dream. I'll just try keep it quick..

I used to dream that I was being chased by a creature through a forest. It had been hunting me in my dreams every now and then for over maybe a year. Usually I couldnt see it because I just kept running.. anyway this one time I found myself in like a break in the woods where a house was and basically to keep it short I got to see the creature which was a huge wolf like thing just like outta the movies. It killed everyone very quickly and as I was trying to climb away it saw me and lept onto me with its teeth into my shoulder. I freaked out and woke up.

Then because I was learning to control my dreams really well I kept telling myself that next time that wolf came I would stand up to it and slay it because I was very focused on that kind of thing at the time. I was learning martial arts etc. Anyway it came back a few months later and because I had trained myself to stand up to the fear of it, I did. As soon as I dreamt the creature it triggered me into having a fully lucid dream so I slayed it. I was on a jetty at night and as it ran towards me I reached behind my back and pulled out double uzis and blasted it, which only slightly slowed down its attack run. So I pulled out a long chinese pike thingy and pinned it extremely quickly before sidestepping and cutting its head off with my katana. It was very fast and nicely done if I may say so. I saw the head floating in the water and it had turned back into a human head which was female.

Ok so I had FINALLY slayed this creature that had been stalking me for ages. It felt great! it was one of the best dreams.. action packed and just plain cool. I was very happy because I had no other nightmares.. I had killed my nightmare in a lucid dream. I knew I had been biten by the wolf though and I guess that mustve sunk in because the jetty dream was a 'there can be only one' kind of dream. Anyway so the next time I had a lucid dream I just knew I could go wolf.. I had taken the coat from the kill kinda so I used it.

So I shapeshifted in the lucid dream very easily into what I call a standing wolf(werewolf). What I noticed straight away was the power feeling and the animal nature take control over the normal mind. Over the years I mellowed and my standing wolf which is very much a fighting wolf became the running wolf(a normal wolf)because I really love to run and its apart of a technique I made to trigger me into both lucidity and wolf at the same time. I found that if I run with my hands during a lucid dream it makes me shapeshift into the wolf and I run even faster. So now when I run in normal dreams, I run on my hands naturally to go fast, which inturn makes me go lucid and wolf at all at once. Which is pretty clever I thought. ^_^

Anyway I choose to think about them in a dreaming way which does kinda effect the waking world through changes in the dreamer imo. So to me they are.. kinda real.

Edited by Kazahel

Consider also the possibility that a transition between one form and another may be made without tissue transformation, without biological mechanisms. What would be the experience if you were to tune your perception to another level of reality, one in which you were something other than human? The existence of other universes can be demonstrated by quantum physics, and consciousness is not understood by any science.

I like this part of your theory Monarch17. The wolf/men images I have captured appear similarly to the spirit figures, etc., I've captured (collaged with the background of the physical landscape). I knew they were not in this dimension, as I could not see them without the camera captures. I do not know if they are current in time, something of the past, mythology made real, or what, but these wolf/men exist "somewhere".

And Kazahel, your description of your lucid dream abilities and dream experience with the wolf was utterly fascinating. Particularly the part about the wolf head being female, and of you consistently being able to access the wolf attributes now. I've enjoyed and learned from your posts. ^_^

I like this part of your theory Monarch17. The wolf/men images I have captured appear similarly to the spirit figures, etc., I've captured (collaged with the background of the physical landscape). I knew they were not in this dimension, as I could not see them without the camera captures. I do not know if they are current in time, something of the past, mythology made real, or what, but these wolf/men exist "somewhere".

And Kazahel, your description of your lucid dream abilities and dream experience with the wolf was utterly fascinating. Particularly the part about the wolf head being female, and of you consistently being able to access the wolf attributes now. I've enjoyed and learned from your posts. ^_^

Consider this:

If the phenomena that you are experiencing are not within your conventional scope of space and time, then they are not where you were pointing the camera. They couldn't be anywhere in particular, or anywhen, within what you normally define as the universe. Therefore, they entered your perception at a different point; within your consciousness itself.

Like many esoteric forces, they exist within your mind, but even the image in your mind is merely the reflection of the true, unseen source.

GT

i think i've mention it a long time ago. assume someone who was not familiar with a giant man-like beast that was covered with fur and bears large fangs. however he is familiar with wolves. now assume one full moon night, while hunting in the forest or looking for a sheep lost from it's flock..he hears this blood chiling howl..he thinks t's a wolf...so he comes to investigate and comes upon this giant of a man-like figure...body covered with hair...stood up over the carcass of the dead sheep.. since the man has no known animal to base his sightings on...he compiles from what he sees and hears and rationalize the only explanation.... that it's a man-wolf.. a werewolf. since it howls like a wolf in the night.. it growls and bear large fanks and teeth.. but stands like a man. with hair much like an animal all over it's body and face... we know from description that it sounds like a bigfoot like creature. but to the first person who happens on this animal in our ancestors distant past...he believed that he just witnessed a werewolf. and so the story gets passed down to today.

Consider this:

If the phenomena that you are experiencing are not within your conventional scope of space and time, then they are not where you were pointing the camera. They couldn't be anywhere in particular, or anywhen, within what you normally define as the universe. Therefore, they entered your perception at a different point; within your consciousness itself.

Like many esoteric forces, they exist within your mind, but even the image in your mind is merely the reflection of the true, unseen source.

GT

Thanks GT, I'm trying to understand...are you saying that the wolfmen do exist somewhere then, but that it is my consciousness that is reflecting them from "elsewhere" and onto the photograph?

I can understand that the wolfmen would be my consciousness's (whew), or rather my soul's interpretation of them and therefore not identical to other's interpretations. But one thing is for sure, I did not consciously ever think about wolfmen as being real, nor did I picture them looking anything like they do in my photos, so I can be sure I didn't consciously create them or intend to pick up on them. I didn't even recognize the canine attributes of the first wolfman on the first viewing of his photographed image. I just thought it was a man.

Any thoughts as to why I (or anyone) would experience this--have these images enter the consciousness. I was "looking" to capture the paranormal with my camera, but I am still trying to figure out why canines and wolves figure so heavily into my captures. At least I can rule out previous interest. Now I'm delving into historical "myth" and finding some answers there. I'd appreciate any knowledge you could give.

Thanks GT, I'm trying to understand...are you saying that the wolfmen do exist somewhere then, but that it is my consciousness that is reflecting them from "elsewhere" and onto the photograph?

I can understand that the wolfmen would be my consciousness's (whew), or rather my soul's interpretation of them and therefore not identical to other's interpretations. But one thing is for sure, I did not consciously ever think about wolfmen as being real, nor did I picture them looking anything like they do in my photos, so I can be sure I didn't consciously create them or intend to pick up on them. I didn't even recognize the canine attributes of the first wolfman on the first viewing of his photographed image. I just thought it was a man.

Any thoughts as to why I (or anyone) would experience this--have these images enter the consciousness. I was "looking" to capture the paranormal with my camera, but I am still trying to figure out why canines and wolves figure so heavily into my captures. At least I can rule out previous interest. Now I'm delving into historical "myth" and finding some answers there. I'd appreciate any knowledge you could give.

Don't mistake the term "consciousness" for "imagination." By consciousness, I am referring to your perceptual frame, as it exists after input from all senses and integrative processes. This includes both those impressions of which you are aware, and all those impressions which do not emerge into your conscious world. Your perception (not your imagination) matched an image it found in the photograh with something coming in from other sources, and made a connection, much like you make a connection between the sound coming from the television and the movement of the actors' lips. I won't say that it has to do with ESP, since the brain can construct valid information simply by interpreting very subtle trends in those senses which are already known (I'm not denying that ESP exists, but it needn't exist for these purposes).

The "lupine" form in the photograph would exist regardless of who looked at it, but is largely a product of the chaos of light and shadow. This is like images of the Virgin Mary that appear in patches of mold on the side of a refrigerator, or the face on Mars; they aren't actually the Virgin Mary, or a face, but they are recognized as such by minds searching for them. But, like a person doing a Tarot reading, you looked at a symbol which others could miss, and found it to match what your other senses were telling you.

Essentially, from a less scientifically phrased perspective, you saw something in the spirit world. It's not invisible, only inobvious. It is only invisible to others because they aren't looking at if from the right angle.

That's my two cents.

Monarch

i think i've mention it a long time ago. assume someone who was not familiar with a giant man-like beast that was covered with fur and bears large fangs. however he is familiar with wolves. now assume one full moon night, while hunting in the forest or looking for a sheep lost from it's flock..he hears this blood chiling howl..he thinks t's a wolf...so he comes to investigate and comes upon this giant of a man-like figure...body covered with hair...stood up over the carcass of the dead sheep.. since the man has no known animal to base his sightings on...he compiles from what he sees and hears and rationalize the only explanation.... that it's a man-wolf.. a werewolf. since it howls like a wolf in the night.. it growls and bear large fanks and teeth.. but stands like a man. with hair much like an animal all over it's body and face... we know from description that it sounds like a bigfoot like creature. but to the first person who happens on this animal in our ancestors distant past...he believed that he just witnessed a werewolf. and so the story gets passed down to today.

But, the old descriptions don't discuss "wolf-man" hybrids. In the old stories, it was always a wolf when it attacked, and a man the rest of the time. What you are describing sounds very like a slow-witted farmer who sees a bear in dim light and decides it must be the offspring of a man and a wolf, just because it's upright and hairy.

Old stories of hairy man-like creatures describe them as "hairy man-like creatures." Sasquatch, the Yeti, the Alma, and the rest are recognized when they are seen as distinct beings, not hybrids. This isn't to be taken as evidence for their existence, but it does demonstrate that ancient people were able to at least observe their environment.

GT

Numerous cultures all over the world believe in some version of a Skinwalker, which is closely related to beliefs about werewolves and other "were" creatures. The best documented Skinwalker beliefs are those of the Navajo yenaldooshi.

There is a lot of talk about skinwalkers these days. I think some have even taken to haunting the Internet.... For instance, I saw one at a site called squidoo.com/sexmagic

Could he be real?

• 10 months later...

maybe, it's a possibilty

Edited by Werewolf0224

I have posted about the subject of werewolves before, and I will probably continue to do so, for a while anyway. I became interested in the werewolf myth when I was 14, and I have been researching the subject as a kind of hobby ever since. It's been over 20 years now, and in all that time, I have learned a few things. The first is that good information is hard to come by, and even that is suspect. The second is that I now believe that the legend of the werewolf may have it's roots in another legendary creature. The Cynocephali. Cynocephali is Latin for "dog heads", they are one of the better known monsterous races. However, there is precious little writen about them in any case. Some examples of Cynocephali though could be the Egyptian god Anubis, or his predessessor Wepwawet. Both are canine headed "humans" although in Wepwawet's case, he has sometimes been assosiated with a wolf instead of a jackal. There are others, like Xolotl, an Aztec god, very simmilar to Wepwawet, and Nahua the Mayan dog of lightning and death. I am not saying such beings existed, although, I am also not saying it's impossible either. The Beast of Bray road and the Michigan dogman could be described as Cynocephali. And they certainly have been called werewolves by some. As for the transformation, I do believe that might be possible. In theory, it could be done with an engeneered virus, designed to resequence DNA. Since DNA is self replicating the transformation would take care of itself. I wouldn't call this method very pleasant though, or safe. Such a transformation would likely take days, if not weeks to complete and would likely make the subject very ill and cause great discomfort. Death is a strong possibility if things aren't done correctly. Also there would be a practical limit to what form the subject could be transformed into. A half human, half wolf hybrid (in the case of a Wolfen) would be the most practical, shape and size wise. Hey, that sounds like the description of a Cynocephali now, doesn't it? I think I prefer the term Wolfen instead of Cynocephali though, it's easier on the tounge. Just some stuff to make people think.

Good Journey.

Kyle Rajasthan.