Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"The Future Roadhouse" story

^SolidSnake^

"The Future Roadhouse

One night in 1972, four coeds from Southern Utah University were driving back to their dorm in Cedar City after spending the day at a rodeo in Pioche, Nevada. It was about 10 p.m. and the girls were eager to get back to their dorm before curfew. They were traveling along Highway 56, which has a reputation for being "haunted." A while after taking a fork in the road that turned to the north, the girls were surprised to see that the black asphalt had turned into a white cement road that eventually ended abruptly at a cliff face. They turned around and tried to find their way back to the highway, but soon became concerned about the unfamiliar landscape - red canyon walls that gave way to open grain fields and pine trees, which they had never encountered before in this part of the state. Feeling completely lost, the girls felt some comfort when they approached a roadhouse or tavern. They pulled into the parking lot and one of the passengers poked her head out the window to get directions from a few "men" coming out of the building. But she screamed and ordered the driver to get out of there - fast. The girls sped off, but realized they were being chased by the men in strange, tri-wheeled, egg-shaped vehicles. Speeding again through the canyon, the girls seemed to have lost their pursuers and found their way to the familiar desert highway. The reason for the scream? The men, she said, weren't human."

Source: http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa040802b.htm

There are alot more stories like this on the site. I find it interesting that all these accure during big open roads driving. Maybe some law of psychic is large area at certain speed at certain time can make time travel possible or maybe they foudn a glitch. Or it is also possible that time in like a leaf and that there are many alternate futures that exist somewhere and that these are them crossing over due to a glitch or something. What are you theories on this?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ^SolidSnake^

• ImOne

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There are enough stories like this that my guess is people do experience these "warps". Sometimes it's a whole group, like a half dozen or so people, all have the same experience. Mass hallucination? Time slip? Dimension bleed through?

I find time travel very interesting I read up alot on John Titor and even though he is very likely a hoax it still doesn't mean time travel is impossible. I mean if people can see the future then the future and past exist somewhere and it may be possible to reach them. Unless the past, present and future only exist in your mind and your mind projects time flow as it is stored in your mind.

I mean if people can see the future then the future and past exist somewhere and it may be possible to reach them. Unless the past, present and future only exist in your mind and your mind projects time flow as it is stored in your mind.

Having experienced a couple precognitive dreams that were unmistakable as to what they were there is no doubt (for me) that time is not the simple progression of moments we nomally experience.

I doubt it's a projection stored in the mind because other people are involved in the experience. Could be a shared projection but I suspect it's more complicated.

Perhaps the future has occured, or many probable futures have occured. Then our actions select the future that we experience as we go. Whatever "go" is.

If you ever figure it out please PM me.

If I figured out the truth to time you think I'd tell you! :D

Anyway I do find this whole time thing very interesting, can we go forward, is it just in our minds...so many possibilities.

But as usual I will go with the theory that we as humans cannot even understand time travel even if it smacked us in the face because we have such limited intelligence. A.K.A. we are thick :)