Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Which system is best?

Byuu94

In your opinion, which is the best video game system?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, which is the best video game system?

• Gamecube
    • Playstation 2
    • Xbox
    • Still have Dreamcast
    • Snes, Genesis
    • Other

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Engulf

• Cufflink

• gonzowalker

• Byuu94

I think this debate is doomed before it gets off the ground. People tend to be biased toward the system they've bought, because of the sheer financial outlay involved. It's painful to admit to yourself you've bought a stinker.

The system that has the games you want, is the best.

I want GTA, I want Silent Hill, and I want backward compatibility with my favourite PSone stuff. So to me, it's PS2.

Does'nt mean it's the best system, though.

I don't really care for GTA, but like RPGs. I want to play Final Fantasy X, but at least I'll have Crystal Chronicles soon. On Feb. 9  sad.gif

Don't like GTA? You're a good example to us all. We GTA fans are just closet psychopaths. grin2.gif

It's not me really. My parents pretty much forbid M-rated games, Manga, Anime (unless it's been edited), and R-rated movies (had to beg dad to let me see Matrix Reloaded). crying.gif

It's not me really. My parents pretty much forbid M-rated games, Manga, Anime (unless it's been edited), and R-rated movies (had to beg dad to let me see Matrix Reloaded). crying.gif

What a bummer. dontgetit.gif

Still, you'll look back on it, years from now, and realise what responsible folks your parents are.

And you won't grow up twisted, like us closet psychos that play GTA. wink2.gif

I'm not sure which has the best graphics, but I like the Xbox, I'm am patiently waiting for Halo2. Don't mind all the torture that the denizen's of Halo are getting while I wait. grin2.gif Oh yeah I voted for Xbox.

Gosh, I feel old. I grew up with coleco vision, and I played smurf on it. That was the best.

laugh.gif

I had the Atari VCS as a kid. I then got a Sinclair Spectrum computer (don't think that caught on in the States).

Now I feel old, too. blink.gif

Well, I think I´m not really qualafied to vote here since I have neither of what is listed above (only got a PSone....), but I´m voting anyway, and I´m voting for PS2 (mainly because of FFX, but still).

I have got to get that someday....

There should be an all of the above option cause i am a fan of all of the systems and dont really prefer one over the other...

However, like Bloated Corpse, I am really into X Box's Halo, except I am impatiently waiting for Halo 2... grin2.gif Although I know that the longer the wait the better the game will be... thumbsup.gif

PlayStation 2 because it's the best (basically because i own one,hehe).Gamecube is a good console too with great games but sorry to X-Box.somehow i think it's the worst among the 3,besides great graphics & games like Halo and MGS:Substance.

Cufflink,i'm a GTA fan too.really too much into the game some time ago.can't wait for Onimusha 3 and MGS:Snake Eater........

Nothing is better than GAME CUBE .. its the best .. you can even have on line games with other people .. you only have to connect the Cube with an internet connection .. grin2.gif

Cufflink,i'm a GTA fan too.really too much into the game some time ago.can't wait for Onimusha 3 and MGS:Snake Eater........

GTA:Vice City...what can I say? grin2.gif

Bought it on launch day, and despite finishing the story missions, I still pay a visit to Vice City at least once a week.

MGS:Snake Eater? I've seen the preview film. Amazing. ohmy.gif

Although I know that the longer the wait the better the game will be...  thumbsup.gif

Bless you, Pious, you optimist, you. wink2.gif

You've obviously not seen the new Tomb Raider.

We've waited several ice ages for it, and though it breaks my heart to say it, it's pants. (sob) crying.gif

Bless you, Pious, you optimist, you. wink2.gif

You've obviously not seen the new Tomb Raider.

We've waited several ice ages for it, and though it breaks my heart to say it, it's pants. (sob) crying.gif

laugh.gif have to agree with you cufflink.i've been waiting for Angel of Darkness since i last played TR:Chronicles (PS1),and sadly......the game's just gone all crappy sad.gif

Playstation2 is the best !!!!!!!!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Gamecube is a piece of ****!!!!!

Playstation2 is the best !!!!!!!!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Gamecube is a piece of ****!!!!!

yippies to dementedsniper!! bounce.gifbounce.gifbounce.giflaugh.gif

don't you just think it's such a big waste that Gamecube took the rest of the main Resident Evil titles away,i mean they should really stick the rest of the titles to PS2. sad.gif

I am a PS2 nut. But heres my view. Even though I am a PS2 nut, that doesnt mean its the best system. Personaly I think X-box is the best system out right now. Its got those heavy hitters, such as HALO (and soon to come: HALO2) The gamecube is the 3rd best system right now. They keep making soft games, with cartoony graphics. Most people want a good shooter, or fighting game. The PS2 is 2nd. Its got good games. The Square is working for Sony. FF games are a huge hit, despite how many they have released. (Oh yeah, cant forget MGS1 and 2!) The problem with the PS2 is its not coming out with any GOOD origianal games. They keep coming out with sequals! The X-box is in 1st mostly because of HALO. HALO is a shockingly brilliant game. And with an upcoming HALO2, the other companies will have a hard time keeping up!

But overall, it comes down to this one conclusion. It doesnt matter if a system is the best or worst. You have your own personality, and you like what you like. Hell, if you like E.T. for Atari, thats your decision. It doesnt matter to you that oter people call it the worst game ever!

I'd say X Box but I used to think ps2 because once you get it chipped, install a hard drive and flash the chip you can get all the games, movies, emulators and roms you could ever want, as well as play online for free.

<(*-*)>

Did you guys & gals know that Sony is giving Xbox GTA Vice city!!

po.gifpo.gifpo.gifpo.gif

Xbox is a piece of **** also!

ps2 shold keep GTA to them selves

Did you guys & gals know that Sony is giving Xbox GTA Vice city!!

It's Rockstar who own the GTA franchise.

And if the Xbox players do get it, it's still ages after us PS2 players.

The people behind Rockstar are good businessmen. GTA won't leave Sony's machines, because of the huge, largely mature user base.

don't know about the rest...but ps2 is quiet good...

althought having had it for just over a year,,it's making wierd noises now and sometimes doesn't read the disc,,,,, disgust.gif

yup,agree with cufflink.the Rockstar guys just wanna expand thier business and moreover it,it wouldn't effect us PS2 owners about the game because it's really quite a long time since the actual GTA:VC was released for the PS2,so while we're looking forward to the sequel to GTA:VC,X-Box owners are looking forward to the release of GTA:VC in the console. blink.gif

final say,don't sweat it dementedsniper.we're gonna have the final laugh!! devil.gif