Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Worst Serial Killer Of All Time

et's daddy

Jeffery dahmer hands down, I mean, he had every issue i can think if.

I may have already posted on this subject but I haven't been on in a while so I'm not sure.

He was already mentioned a few times, but I think Andrei Chikatilo is definitely one of the worst. I wrote a psych paper on him for the personality of evil (which I got an A on ^_^ ) The point of the paper was to explain why the killer was the way they were, and how they got that way (childhood, etc.). So I had read up a lot on him, and wow. Very disturbing.

Other than him, Ed Gein always stood out. Being from Wisconsin, I find it funny that Gein and Dahmer were from here. We get the really crazy ones I guess.

It as to be this.

I always thought that "Fruit Loops " were the worse. :lol::wacko:

Jack Kevorkian aka (Dr. Death)

Jack Kevorkian is a controversial American pathologist. He is most noted for publicly championing a terminal patient's right to die via physician-assisted suicide; he claims to have assisted at least 130 patients to that end. He famously said that "dying is not a crime

Between 1999 and 2007, Kevorkian served eight years of a 10-to-25-year prison sentence for second-degree murder. He was released on June 1, 2007, on parole due to good behavior.

Jeffery dahmer hands down, I mean, he had every issue i can think if.

imo no, as horrific totally twisted & demented as he & his killings were, i think the media at the time just seemed to focus on him & his killings more than others previous & or that came after him. The fact that it happened in an apartment block in the heart of Wisconsin right under ppl noses made it more mind blowing & rife for the papers to milk it for all it was worth.

If you do a search & check on his background/early years, you'll find he went through a very similar upbringing as other psychotic serial killers (broken family/molested/emotionally scared etc etc...)

Just my take on it anyway

Worst serial killer? praying and picking on women and children? nah the worst serial killer would have to be one that draws blood from men and only men. To bad there aren't any since they're all pansies.

I was only aware of the ones in recent times, but when I looked into it; there's a large number on record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_seria...mber_of_victims

Gilles de Rais is the worse, in my opinion. Had never heard of him before, but his crimes are atrocious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilles_de_Rais

It's hard to think with current times that things like this still occur, but they do. Any police officer will tell you most of their work is after the fact, unfortunately.

I'm still an advocate for formal, public punishment. Which, is slowly coming around. Although it is for the smaller crimes now, it is common for someone to have to appear in public wearing a sign, for instance. I think that's a pretty good deterent, and I'd like to see more of it. Not necessarily the stockades, though...

what about these horrible lot -behram ( or buhram) was the leader of a thugee cult in india, which is reckoned was responsible for the deaths of up to 2 million people. at his trial behram was found personaly commiting 931 murders bewtween 1790 and 1830

countess erszebet bathory killed up to 650 people beilving that drinking their blood would prevent her from ageing.

pedro alonso lopez - was captured in 1980 and lead police to 53 graves but probably killed atleast 300 in columia, equidor and peru

As for largest death count, it has to be Henry Lee Lucas.

As for the most sickening serial killer, Albert Fish takes the title. There are no close calls.

• 6 months later...
All those people are great and all, but I believe that the "worst" serial killer of all time has yet to come.

I agree. I don't think that person has fully come to realize and understand what they are yet. If they do understand then they can't accept it but they know the desire to kill is growing in them and that they can't stop it. The next big serial killer will be probably the worst yet. In short, everyone knows too much and information on the mind and motives of serial killers is too easily obtained. The killer will have already studied everything about every serial killer known and caught and in turn will be extremely cautious; this includes knowing how police think and work to make detection literally impossible - probably going to be a very tech-saavy person but not in the "geek" sense. This killer will mostlikely be attractive, well dressed, well mannered, intelligent -- not because of being normal but they seem so normal because they must hide it so closely and so well.

This killer is going to be dangerous because they will be completely aware of what they are doing and will know it is wrong (once they've began doing it). That is enough to stop anyone normal but this killer will be aware of committing a horrible crime but they will be unable to fight their urge and will ultimately kill. An equally damaging threat from a new age serial killer will be the internet. The killer, we know, will be incredibly intelligent and seem perfectly normal, thus allowing them to kill possibly unstopped for decades - at any given time the killer could simply turn themself in by uploading gruesome video footage on public sites such as Youtube (alternatively the killer could send police on a wildgoose chase and continue to torment society via the web). The devastation would be immense and seen and felt around the world; i.e. The perfect revenge against a society who the killer felt has mocked them all their life.

With no regard or care about society, only driven to please their urge to kill and completely undetectable, it is possible this killer, as stated earlier, may be completely unaware of what they are to become. The worst killer to grace the world yet could very easily be anyone and at any moment discover their trueself. Even you. Or even me.

Ted Bundy is the worst of all the Serial Killers. The name Serial Killer was penned for him according to this site. No one really knows the total number of woman he torchered and murdered. A true socialpath.

Randy Craft also rates high on my list. This sexual preditor and murderer/ mutalatetor is from So Cal, my neck of the woods. I remember his trial and saw him in the courtroom. A little man who could pass for your girlfriends father.

Worst serial killer? praying and picking on women and children? nah the worst serial killer would have to be one that draws blood from men and only men. To bad there aren't any since they're all pansies.

Randy Craft only killed men!!! He drugged and killed Servicemen. A pansie.....no, a sick and twisted individual....yes.

John List- Westfield, New Jersey. lived in an 18-room mansion. one day in 1971 just flips and massacres his entire family. kills his wife, mother, and his three teenage children, and runs away to Michigan. The bodies were rapped up in sleeping bags, and all laid in the ballroom of they're home, with catholic music playing. the bodies aren't found for a month. in Michigan he starts up a new life under the alias of Robert Clark. in 1989 he was finally caught and arrested through an anonymous tip. in his trial he said that God told him to do it.

This case is really interesting on how he did it if you get all the details. there are still many questions criminologists couldn't answer for example where the family dog, tinkerbell went because it was never found. the original house isn't there anymore, the List house mysteriously burned down sometime after the murders. the police knew it was arsenic but if you live anywhere near Westfield, you would know that they let it go because they have that cocky attitude of thinking they're to good for anything and everyone. so don't bother tryin to check it out, they even took the address number off the street.

It wasn’t Michigan; it was Colorado that he moved to.

And he didn’t poison them. He shot them.

Technically he’s not a serial killer. He’s a mass murderer. Serial killer is non-sequential events (one act, then another), a mass murder is one act (school shooting, postal shooting, family killing, etc.)

I agree that we have not seen the worst yet.

I believe that everything evolves including the sick minds of some humans.

But in the 1800 there was a man named Thug Behram.

He killed around 900 + people mostly by strangulation.

I will try to find a link or something.................

Ok, here is a Wiki about him -

Thug Behram

Another -

Thug Behram

linked-image

Edited by ODIN-X

i thought it was this guy?he's out of prison now too.

1. Pedro Alonso Lopez - This by far is one of the most dangerous serial killers of all time with a victim count of over 300. Better known as the Monster of Andes, Lopez killed nearly 100 tribal women in Peru by 1978. Caught by tribal authorities who were ready to sentence him to death, an American missionary who was passing by convinced the tribe to let her take him to the police, the police who let him go were not convinced that the killings were of importance to them. Lopez than went to Ecuador where he would kill between three and four girls a week. Once caught in 1980, Lopez confessed to over 300 murders, police only believed him when an unexpected flash flood uncovered a mass grave with most of Lopez's victim's. He then was released by the Ecaudor government and deported back to Columbia in 1998.

Try googling pictures of Mary Jane Kelly. I think you'll agree it has to be Jack the Ripper. How could someone do something like that? And to think he never got caught. Maybe he lived the rest of his life in a normal fashion after he did these crimes? How strange is that? Can you imagine?

The Zodiac Killer :yes:

I agree on that one. The Zodiac is my personal favorite serial killer. The mystery and suspense of one guy who the police never seemed to be able to catch and then when they had the chance to get him they said that they were looking for a black guy and not him. Then he being clever the way he was, sent in evidence of the taxi cab driver he killed on Cherry St. and then mocked them for their racism and told them that they had their chance RIGHT THERE and they just kept going. Plus how he used what he knew to kill his victims and how he always seemed to keep track of his ammo, every shot, the papers and news, reports, the people involved in the case, and yet.....he still gets away, lol. He was smart about everything. Can't wait to see though if Jack Tarrance really was the true Zodiac Killer. There is a ton of evidence leading his way so....IDK but it is going to be interesting to find out.

I gotta go with Albert Fish

He's done it all and covered all the sick & twisted things you can think of

He always stuck in my mind & creeps me out!

I've got to agree with the other people who have said Albert Fish, simply because of the crimes he committed against children.

Sure, he may not have had that many actual murders under his belt but the ones he did have were all cannibalised, so it's hard to tell the exact number. What makes him the worst is the depravity of how he went about it. Not only did he murder children, but one time, he even went so far as to write a letter to the parents of one little girl consisting of the details of how he killed her. Here's a snippet for your viewing pleasure;

Dear Mrs. Budd. In 1894 a friend of mine shipped as a deck hand on the Steamer Tacoma, Capt. John Davis. They sailed from San Francisco for Hong Kong, China. On arriving there he and two others went ashore and got drunk. When they returned the boat was gone. At that time there was famine in China. Meat of any kind was from $1-3 per pound. So great was the suffering among the very poor that all children under 12 were sold for food in order to keep others from starving. A boy or girl under 14 was not safe in the street. You could go in any shop and ask for steak—chops—or stew meat. Part of the naked body of a boy or girl would be brought out and just what you wanted cut from it. A boy or girl's behind which is the sweetest part of the body and sold as veal cutlet brought the highest price. John staid [sic] there so long he acquired a taste for human flesh. On his return to N.Y. he stole two boys, one 7 and one 11. Took them to his home stripped them naked tied them in a closet. Then burned everything they had on. Several times every day and night he spanked them – tortured them – to make their meat good and tender. First he killed the 11 year old boy, because he had the fattest *** and of course the most meat on it. Every part of his body was cooked and eaten except the head—bones and guts. He was roasted in the oven (all of his ***), boiled, broiled, fried and stewed. The little boy was next, went the same way. At that time, I was living at 409 E 100 St. near—right side. He told me so often how good human flesh was I made up my mind to taste it. On Sunday June the 3, 1928 I called on you at 406 W 15 St. Brought you pot cheese—strawberries. We had lunch. Grace sat in my lap and kissed me. I made up my mind to eat her. On the pretense of taking her to a party. You said yes she could go. I took her to an empty house in Westchester I had already picked out. When we got there, I told her to remain outside. She picked wildflowers. I went upstairs and stripped all my clothes off. I knew if I did not I would get her blood on them. When all was ready I went to the window and called her. Then I hid in a closet until she was in the room. When she saw me all naked she began to cry and tried to run down the stairs. I grabbed her and she said she would tell her mamma. First I stripped her naked. How she did kick – bite and scratch. I choked her to death, then cut her in small pieces so I could take my meat to my rooms. Cook and eat it. How sweet and tender her little *** was roasted in the oven. It took me 9 days to eat her entire body. I did not **** her tho I could of had I wished. She died a virgin.

The BTK (Bind Torture Kill) Killer. Though his body count wasn't all that high, he was only caught because he started bragging about it again.

I had always kinda liked Richard Ramirez the Night Stalker.

Ugh! I have to say it, even though I am aware that this is not a political forum, but it is on serial killing!

Abortion doctors.

Okay, i'll admit that I haven't read this whole article yet, so I don't know if someone's already used this man for their 'worse serial killer' i've got to go for

Hermann Webster Mudget, AKA H. H. Holmes

regarded as one of america's first serial killers.

He confessed to about 20 murders, but may well have had over 200 victims. The man seems to fall into 'evil genius' category in my opinion.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._H._Holmes

If I were to try and explain him i'd just end up more or less quoting this source a lot.

'Torture castle' that was like a maze, including dissection rooms, doors that only opened from the outside, doors that led nowhere, and chambers with vats of acid to deal with bodies.

Edited by Detective W

QUOTE ("Albert Fish")

Dear Mrs. Budd. In 1894 a friend of mine shipped as a deck hand on the Steamer Tacoma, Capt. John Davis. They sailed from San Francisco for Hong Kong, China. On arriving there he and two others went ashore and got drunk. When they returned the boat was gone. At that time there was famine in China. Meat of any kind was from $1-3 per pound. So great was the suffering among the very poor that all children under 12 were sold for food in order to keep others from starving. A boy or girl under 14 was not safe in the street. You could go in any shop and ask for steak—chops—or stew meat. Part of the naked body of a boy or girl would be brought out and just what you wanted cut from it. A boy or girl's behind which is the sweetest part of the body and sold as veal cutlet brought the highest price. John staid [sic] there so long he acquired a taste for human flesh. On his return to N.Y. he stole two boys, one 7 and one 11. Took them to his home stripped them naked tied them in a closet. Then burned everything they had on. Several times every day and night he spanked them – tortured them – to make their meat good and tender. First he killed the 11 year old boy, because he had the fattest *** and of course the most meat on it. Every part of his body was cooked and eaten except the head—bones and guts. He was roasted in the oven (all of his ***), boiled, broiled, fried and stewed. The little boy was next, went the same way. At that time, I was living at 409 E 100 St. near—right side. He told me so often how good human flesh was I made up my mind to taste it. On Sunday June the 3, 1928 I called on you at 406 W 15 St. Brought you pot cheese—strawberries. We had lunch. Grace sat in my lap and kissed me. I made up my mind to eat her. On the pretense of taking her to a party. You said yes she could go. I took her to an empty house in Westchester I had already picked out. When we got there, I told her to remain outside. She picked wildflowers. I went upstairs and stripped all my clothes off. I knew if I did not I would get her blood on them. When all was ready I went to the window and called her. Then I hid in a closet until she was in the room. When she saw me all naked she began to cry and tried to run down the stairs. I grabbed her and she said she would tell her mamma. First I stripped her naked. How she did kick – bite and scratch. I choked her to death, then cut her in small pieces so I could take my meat to my rooms. Cook and eat it. How sweet and tender her little *** was roasted in the oven. It took me 9 days to eat her entire body. I did not **** her tho I could of had I wished. She died a virgin.

Oh my God! I've changed my mind from Jack the Ripper to Albert Fish. I'd kill myself if I ever got this letter about my daughter.

The worst? And the sickess?

It has to be Communist Russias Primere Joseph Stalin!

He had untold millions butchered! :no: Residents of entire neighborhoods, villages and towns disappeared; men women and children; by Stalins orders. The deaths occured before WWII and continued until Stalins death. :devil:

When Russian documents were finally opened to western investigators an approximate number of people he had slaughtered ran between 4.7 to 6.5 million during his reign of terror as Head of the Communist Party. His name appears on every document where slaughter was ordered. The majority; about 90%; of the records have Stalins signature ONLYas the person ordering the executions. :angry2: