Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
__Kratos__

Iranian Serial Killer Flogged, Hanged in

17 posts in this topic

PAKDASHT, Iran, 17 March 2005 — An Iranian serial killer convicted of kidnapping, raping and murdering 21 people, most of them little boys, was publicly flogged and hanged south of Tehran yesterday before thousands of spectators, an AFP reporter at the scene said.

Mohammad Bijeh, branded “the vampire of the desert” in the Iranian press, was lashed 100 times, stabbed in the back by a furious brother of one victim before a blue nylon rope was placed around his neck by the mother of another murdered child. The 22-year-old killer, who remained calm and kept silent throughout the punishment, was then hauled into the air by a crane to cries from the crowd of “make him twist”. “Dance and think of what you did to our kids,” shouted one father, as Bijeh was throttled to death over several minutes. Hanging by a crane does not involve the neck being broken.

Few tears were shed during the hanging. Instead, the crowd vented its rage. “Hit him harder,” yelled Ali Khosravi, whose 10-year-old son Kayvan was killed and then burned by Bijeh. Bijeh also reportedly ate the leg of his one of his victims just to see what it tasted like. “This is the best day of my life. I would like to strangle him and burn him myself,” added Khosravi as stood holding the hand of his eight-year-old daughter Sarah.

Bijeh and his accomplice, Ali Baghi, were arrested in September 2004. Over a period of more than a year, they reportedly lured children into the desert by saying they were going to dig out rabbits or foxes from their burrows. The pair — who both worked in a brickworks — reportedly stunned their victims with blows from a stone, sexually abused them and buried the bodies in shallow graves in the desert south of Tehran.

Both were initially sentenced to hang, but in January the Supreme Court ruled that Baghi should instead serve 15 years behind bars. The crowd yesterday also called for Baghi to be hanged. “He killed my son. He confessed, he has to be executed,” said Ali Dad Azimi, the father of nine-year-old Ahmad.

Before being hanged, Bijeh was stripped of his shirt and stood against a post. His hands were tied around the post and he was lashed by several different plainclothes officials. The huge crowd, kept back by barbed wire and around 100 members of the security forces, chanted “harder, harder!”

After around 20 lashes, Bijeh started to buckle from the pain of his bloodied back but was able to redress himself. When Bijeh was placed in a position to be hanged, a young 17-year-old boy — the brother of victim Rahim Younessi — managed to break through the barrier and plant a knife in the killer’s back.

The mother of one of young victim Milad Kahani was then invited to place the noose around his neck as he stood there, his hands now tied behind him. According to the charge sheet read out at the execution, Bijeh was guilty of 21 killings. He had been declared “corrupt on earth” and handed 16 death penalties. However, relatives of the victims here said 26 children were murdered, and vowed the accomplice would also be killed if he ever makes it out of prison. As the spectacle ended and Bijeh’s body was taken away in an ambulance, the crowd, still angry, threw stones at police and soldiers.

Source

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! That is justice! :tu:

A little extreme and inhumane, but what he did to those children was far worse. If he had gone to jail, what would it have done? He'd never really pay for his crimes. Now he paid the ultimate price. :tu:

It is amazing what people can do to other people, but if it was my child he'd hurt, I'd have wanted to be there. Paradoxing, isn't it?

I would have been planting the knife in if it had been my child. This is justice for child killer.

It's amazing what people do in groups.

I suppose they think it's justified, but I see it as being inhumane. Doesn't make them any better than the killer really.

These matters in my opinion, shouldn't be public.

I wonder what the punishment would have been if he had molested and killed girls, instead of boys.

good ridence

A little extreme and inhumane, but what he did to those children was far worse. If he had gone to jail, what would it have done? He'd never really pay for his crimes. Now he paid the ultimate price. :tu:

Actually, some of the jails in a lot of those countries are far worse. I lived in Saudi Arabia for awhile, and if you landed yourself in jail, either family and friends brought you food, or you starved. Disease is rampant in those places.... it is horrible.

Their justice system is very similar as well. Thieves would often publicly have a hand chopped off. Child molesters were killed.... The crime rate is quite a bit lower than ours....

Then the guy was lucky. :hmm:

Then the guy was lucky. :hmm:

Mmm... Nope... Don't believe I commented on the guy's luck. Just responding to a statement made. I would not consider either punishment neither humane nor lucky, but then again what he did was neither humane nor lucky for any of his victims.

Sick is sick…

Someone that could do what he did isn’t of sound mind.

I have no doubt that when he was being beaten and stabbed, he wasn’t even all there, so he probably didn’t even realize the extent of it…that may explain his silence, showing no emotion.

He no doubt was a sociopath… no emotions, no feelings, not even for or with himself.

People in large very angry mobs are just as scary though…no control, just human rage and carnal actions

I'm glad the father of one of the murdered boys "had the best day of his life"

:cry:

Nope... Don't believe I commented on the guy's luck.

Of course not, I did.

One thing I do like about the Muslim countries is their punishment. Seeing something like this would deter potential criminals, imo.

One thing I do like about the Muslim countries is their punishment. Seeing something like this would deter potential criminals, imo.

Yeah, I would say so. Someone sane that is.

When someone is that crazy/insane though, they don't think they'll get caught...that, or they don't care and or on some deep subconscious level, they actually want to get caught and be punished/put to death...because they really don't want to live...etc...

You get a thief or a petty criminal watching something like that though and no doubt they would think twice about committing a crime

the sob should have had salt rubbed on his back after the flogging!and of course it was inhuman,but so was what he did to all those little kids!!!

I wonder what the punishment would have been if he had molested and killed girls, instead of boys.

Because that has anything to do with it. :huh:

Since I do not know the people who were killed, I'd say that the mans sentence really is a bit inhumane. If I were the family member of one of the murdered children, however, I just might have a bit more understanding for how these people reacted.

When I put myself in the family members shoes, even though I regret saying it, I think he got just what he deserved.