Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US 'Zombie party' killings probed

__Kratos__

Police are investigating the fatal shooting of six young revellers at a house party in the US city of Seattle.

They were killed, and two others wounded, when a fellow guest went on a gun rampage before finally killing himself when confronted by police.

They were at a "zombie party", where guests wear make-up to make them look dead, in the city's Capitol Hill area.

Police are baffled as to what sparked the incident, which took place in the early morning as the party wound down.

"We have absolutely no idea what the motive is," Seattle police chief Gil Kerlikowske said. "These appear to be almost execution-style shootings. He expended a large number of rounds inside that house."

People inside the house began running and screaming in terror

- Seattle police chief Gil Kerlikowske

The victims were five males and two females, aged from their mid-teens to their 20s, police said.

"It was a zombie party. People had a lot of make-up on," Mr Kerlikowske said. "There was fake blood squirted, and people were made-up to look as if they were dead."

Weapons in truck

The gunman, in his 20s and believed to be a Seattle resident, is reported to have been invited to the house party after attending a "zombie rave" for about 1,000 people, also in Capitol Hill, earlier on Friday night.

As the house party was winding down at 0700 (1500 GMT) on Saturday morning, the killer reportedly left the house and went to his truck, parked nearby to collect a pistol grip shotgun and handgun and to don bandoliers of spare shotgun shells.

As he walked the half block back to the house he paused to spray paint the word "Now" in three spots - twice on the pavement and once on the steps of a neighbour's home, police said.

Once back inside the house he started shooting.

"People inside the house began running and screaming in terror," Mr Kerlikowske said. "A pistol-grip shotgun is a weapon not designed for hunting purposes but for hunting people."

Hiding in bathroom

Having killed two people on the ground floor, he then went upstairs looking for more victims, police said.

He tried to get into a bathroom where two girls were hiding. When the locked door impeded him he fired through the door, but the girls were left unharmed.

The killer spray painted the word 'Now' three times

The gunfire was heard by neighbours and a police officer just a block away, who rushed to the scene.

When the police officer, Steve Leonard, arrived he found one person staggering out of the house with a bullet wound.

He confronted another man with a shotgun, who turned it on himself after being told several times to put it down, Mr Kerlikowske said.

About 20 party guests were taken to Seattle police headquarters for counselling and questioning, police sergeant Deanna Nollette said.

"This is basically one of the most serious and significant crimes we have had in this city. The number of young people who witnessed what happened is disturbing."

Police said they did not know whether drugs or alcohol were a factor, though Mr Kerlikowske said marijuana and alcohol were found in the house.

Source

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow. :huh:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Barnacle Battlefront

• __Kratos__

• Fluffybunny

• jeceris

Wow. I wonder what goes through these peoples minds when they do such things?

I wonder what kind of drugs were at this party? I will bet there were a few and the guy triped hard. Drugs will kill you.......

^ That probably had something to do with it. Or the guy was just insane.

I've been to a zombie party or two in my day :yes: They really aren't bad, it's a lot like a halloween party.

But, IMO - this dude was on a bad trip. :hmm:

maybe he weirded out, and thought they were REAL zombies.....

I'm forced to assume that this wasn't a "bad trip" since the killer obviously already had the weapons in his vehicle. And the spray paint. I'm gonna go ahead and say it was premeditated. :tu:

Bah. Call it what it is, damned article.

It was a zombie 'Rave'. The actual shootings themselves took place at an afterparty once the rave had ended. It's freaking awesome, i'd love to go to a zombie rave. They all dressed up in blood and gore. And, coincidentally, this party was on the exact same tour that Delta9, a hardcore DJ from the states, was playing at when he came down to my little town last week. Fantastically chill guy, we hung out with him at his hotel after the party here and he mentioned one of his trips was Seattle. Fortunately, he was not hurt, as he posted about 7 hours after this happened on my message board, saying he'd left the same afterparty about 15 minutes before this happened!!

I'll give you a motive. Bunch of kids on Acid dancing to Hardcore Psy-Trance dressed up as zombies with crazy visuals on the walls and, yes, more Acid than you can shake a fist at. Guy probably was a complete nut and wanted to shoot up some zombies. Although why he readily had a sawn-off shotgun, assult rifle and pistol readily available in his truck along with a ton of banana clips is beyond me.

Naturally i'm 100% sure they were all illegally purchased so there's no need to debate that.

It is, in the end, an extremely tragic event and i can't imagine what the survivors must be going through at this very moment.

Wow. I wonder what goes through these peoples minds when they do such things?

i can tell you what the last thing to go through his mind was.

When I read "Zombie Party" the first thing I could think of was some type of new political party...

I could just see that national convention debate:

News Reporter: Hello, I have the head of the US zombie party with me to answer a few questions about this new polical group... "Sir, what is the goal of your political group?"

Zombie: "Braaains....Aghhhhh"

Reporter: "So education is very important to your group, that is great... So what can you tell me about your groups stance on healthcare in the U.S.?"

Zombie: "Must...have...Braaains....Aghhhhh"

Reporter:"So you are saying that we need to do more research in to the matter, to reflect on the situation and give more thought to the situation before we act?"

Zombie: "Aghhhhh"

Reporter: "Well that is very insightful, can you tell me your parties stance on the economic development in the U.S.?

Zombie: "Must...have...Braaains....Aghhhhh...and a healthy dose of supply side economics combined with business based trickle down tax relief...and braaaaainssss..."

Edited by Fluffybunny

^ I hope that zombie from the Zombie Party doesn't plan on attacking the reporter for brains :no: The poor zombie would starve to death :cry: