Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

sandwiches still good after 3 years

Homer

If you're like me, then you will have no problem consuming food before it goes bad, regardless how much leftovers you may have. But if you're like some people who have a tendency to waste food due to not being able to consume large portions before it goes bad, then I have some good news for you.

Experts at the U.S. Army Soldier Systems Center have developed "indestructible" food that they say will stay good for up to 3 years. Of course I know what you're thinking: Why only 3 years?  But hey, it's a start.

I don't know about you, but the thought of eating 3 year old sandwiches just makes my mouth water. Mmmm...yum yum :s04

For more information, click the smiley :s04

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SpaceyKC

• Homer

• Test_Bear

• PurpleStuart

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if the choices were:  starvation,  cannibalism,  or that sandwich...then I guess I'd eat the sandwich!  :P

Good find,  Homer   :s1

(did it say British scientists had American soldiers try it out first?  Clever!!!  :D  )

[blue]They tried it on British soldiers, but the British soldiers realised that they don't have to eat 3 year old sandwiches, they could just go to the shops instead...[/blue]

;D

"...sandwiches, which come in pepperoni and barbecue chicken flavour, to supplement battle rations..."

Who knows what delicacies they’ll be having next.  ::) Come to think of it, I can think of a few 'white' meat meals they could try... :sh

Mouth-watering stuff  :s04

Tommy

If it preserves food for 3 yrs, then what will it do to the lining of your stomach?  :s9

• 1 month later...

Heck, I eat twinkies that are older then that....