Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vitamin C shrinks Tumors

whoa182

The Independent

London, UK

28 March, 2006

New research suggesting that vitamin C can be effective in curing cancer will renew interest in the "alternative" treatment for the terminal disease.

A 49-year-old man diagnosed with terminal bladder cancer in 1996 was still alive and cancer-free nine years later, having declined chemotherapy and radiotherapy in favour of regular infusions of vitamin C.

A 66-year-old woman with an aggressive lymphoma who had a "dismal prognosis" in 1995 was similarly treated and is still alive 10 years later.

A 51-year-old woman with kidney cancer that spread to her lungs diagnosed in 1995 had a normal chest X-ray two years later. The findings were confirmed by pathologists. Although they do not prove the vitamin cured the cancer they do increase the "clinical plausibility" of the idea, the researchers say.

Vitamin C therapy was first promoted by Linus Pauling, the Nobel prize winner, 30 years ago. Dr Pauling's claims sparked the continuing boom in sales of vitamin C, but attempts to confirm his findings failed and high-dose vitamin C became an "alternative" therapy.

The researchers say attempts to replicate Dr Pauling's work failed because they used oral doses of the drug which is rapidly excreted. However, injections achieve blood levels 25 times higher that persist for longer. At these very high doses, the blood level of vitamin C is high enough to selectively kill cancer cells.

Several clinical trials of vitamin C therapy are about to start, including one at McGill University, Montreal, the authors say.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=291161

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yelekiah

• Sherapy

• whoa182

• twopits

This process is not new it has been around for about 60 years. The trouble is main stream health care is REALLY not interested in you being healthy .... thinka bout it. This process is called chelation (google it) it is intravenously administered. The primary ingredient is Vit C. This treatment is the only known way to remove heavy metals from your body. The treatment that makes an old man feel young again. I've seen walkers and canes tossed away after treatments by chelation.

This process is not new it has been around for about 60 years. The trouble is main stream health care is REALLY not interested in you being healthy .... thinka bout it. This process is called chelation (google it) it is intravenously administered. The primary ingredient is Vit C. This treatment is the only known way to remove heavy metals from your body. The treatment that makes an old man feel young again. I've seen walkers and canes tossed away after treatments by chelation.

i think I will google this very interesting :D

I'd have to say that that is true. If everyone was healthy, doctors wouldn't make so much money. There are a lot of natural cures that are supposedly available.

(buys extra vitamin C :o )

Sometime around 1984/1985, I remember reading a Rolling Stone article on AIDS and Vitamin C therapy that a Bay area dentist was successfully using to fight Kaposi's Syndrome.

- Michael

*I'll google it and find the issue number