Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SETI Scores a Hit! [april fools!]

Rykster

user posted image SETI Announces First Contact

In an early morning announcement, SETI administrators announced that they had detected a strong signal emanating from the Zeta Reticuli system. Using the best cryptographers, they were able to isolate three separate signals, one of which seems to be a voice carrier. The sounds were not recognizable as human, but were nonetheless clearly speech.

The second carrier seems to be pure data. SETI workers are trying to decrypt the code now but feel it is the "primer" for us to decode a third carrier. This third carrier is much more complex and may hold valuable information that would affect all of humanity.

Could this be the greeting card we have been searching for?

SETI

"We are very excited at this discovery. This (discovery) proves once and for all that we are not alone. The coming months will be the most exciting in human history."

Many of the SETI researchers interviewed were overcome with emotion.

Source: Click Here

Edited by Rykster

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rykster

• riotboy555

• zandore

• Dreams...

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

HEHEH

This is gonna be fun!

Nice find Rykster!

I found this today:

Hubble Resolves Expiration Date For Green Cheese Moon

Using the new camera on the Hubble Space Telescope, astronomers have been able to confirm that the Moon is made of green cheese. The telling clue was the resolution of a marked date after which the Moon may go bad. Controversy still exists, however, over whether the date resolved is truly an expiration date or just a "sell by" date. "To be cautious, we should completely devour the Moon by tomorrow," a spokesperson advised. Happy April Fool's Day from the folks at APOD. The above image (slightly altered) was actually taken in 1965 by the Ranger 9 probe minutes before impact. The popular Moon is made of Green Cheese myth can be traced back almost 500 years. It has been used historically in context to indicate a claim so clearly false that no one -- not even April Fools -- will believe it.

APOD

Contact was an awesome movie, but I strongly recommend the book. It is amazing. Esp. what Sagan has to say about PI in the afterward.

^^^

Shhhh! :)

^^^

I thought so!

I am expecting this thread to be moved now that AF is over. As it should be!