Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Bob White Object (Unknown Origin)

quaneeri

US ARMY CIC Documents from the 1940's

Object amazingly similar to White's in File 202085 "Flying Saucers in Denmark".

A Freedom of Information Act release of all US Army documents related to UFO's reveals startling information that may support Bob White's claims.

user posted image

http://www.blackvault.com/documents/ufos/a...my/armyufo0.htm

Interesting stuff.

The object looks more like fossillized matter (I thought it was when the picture was half-way through down-loading), or naturally grown. But as sceptics forget, it's possibly alien, so it could look strange to our eyes.

I'm not overly convinced by the polygraph test, as they can be beaten by experts or those who genuinely believe. And sworn statements aren't worth much either.

The best evidence is the comparitive pictures of a similar object in the released government document.

But what's to stop this Bob White from looking at the document, and finding an object to match.

Don't get me wrong. I'm more convinced of the UFO phenomena than I am of most paranormal things, and that is a fascinating object. Who knows?

PS. Welcome to UM. original.gif

Cufflink.

Thanks for the welcome.

I don't mind if you are sceptical, but Bob White is a serious researcher.

In the early spring of 1999, Hard Evidence was contacted by a major lab in California, interested in testing the Unknown Object beyond the limited scope pursued by Los Alamos, New Mexico Tech, and others.

We are very happy to announce that this analysis is ongoing. Upon it's completion, we will share not only the data, but the name of this world class facility.

California analysis ongoing - elemental composition from this analysis so far includes:

Aluminum, Silicon, Chromium, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Nickel, Vanadium, Zinc, Barium, Titanium, Cobalt, Calcium, Strontium, Zirconium, Gadolinium

Stills from Los Alamos Analysis Video Added Below

user posted image

Here are the results of the tests:

http://ufoevidence.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=FACTS

(Bob Whites interview with Jeff Rense about the object.)

White sounds very credible.

"02-25-03"

"Bob White - Strange Item Ejected From UFO?"

http://www.soundwaves2000.com/rense/archiv...3/feb_index.asp

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as sceptical.

Mainly down to my lack of knowledge of Bob White. That's the problem, these days, the waters are muddied by so many fakers.

I'm glad to hear Bob White is a serious investigator. That does lend more credibility to his claims. And I'm glad to hear that the analysis of the object is being looked into properly.

I've been hoping for hard physical evidence of UFO's since I was a kid, and I suspected it had to come one day. Could this be it?

never knew about this Bob White thing.gonna do some checkin..... original.gif

anyway thank you quaneeri and welcome thumbsup.gif

Welcome aboard, quaneeri!

Interesting subject. I remember reading something about this a while back, but dismissed it as a possible hoax. Still, I'm glad to see that more tests are being carried out on it. I like the classic "touch of mystery" that was added to the story; the part where the lab tech who was doing the original tests suddenly went silent and quit his job.

It would be interesting to see if this object does turn out to be something unique, even if it isn't a genuine alien artifact.

Dr. Robert Gibbons, is a physicist, historian, former Nasa Scientist, and former Nuclear Medical Science Officer in the US Army. Dr Gibbons has worked for the Atomic Energy Commission, Hughes Aircraft Company, Lear-Siegler, Inc., and Northrop-Grumman Co.

user posted image

Dr. Robert Gibbons holding the "Object" that has gained international attention in the media and as yet is classified as of "unknown" alloys.

Mysterious cone-shaped object centerpiece of Reeds Spring museum for the unexplained

By Scott Meeker

Globe Staff Writer

September 15, 2000

REEDS SPRING, MO --- Inside the glass case, lights shine down on the cone-shaped object as it slowly spins on a revolving platform.

Peering inside, one wonders if the truth might be in there . . .

Bob White believes it to be of extraterrestrial origins, but he is still searching for what the truth really is.

The 69-year-old Reeds Spring resident was recently featured on the syndicated tabloid program "Extra" and has been contacted about a possible FOX special on the object.

Full Story Here:

http://www.hardevidence.com/joplinglobe09152000.htm

Are there any pictures of the object in colour, perhaps from the same photo shoot featuring Dr Robert Gibbons?

The monochrome one probably doesn't do it justice.

ohmy.gif

Wow. The monochrome really didn't do it justice.

It reminds me slightly of mercury, but also there's a similarity to fish scales.

Cool photo. thumbsup.gif

All Press Releases for September 26, 2003 alien.gifcrying.gifw00t.gif

MUSEUM OF THE UNEXPLAINED TEST RESULTS MATCH EXTRATERRESTRIAL FINDINGS FROM MARS ARTIFACTS.

DID BOB WHITE'S UFO OBJECT COME FROM MARS? ORIGIN MAY HAVE BEEN FOUND FOR RECOVERED UFO MATERIAL.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

>(Reeds Spring, MO) Researchers and scientists at the Museum of the Unexplained are excited about startling new revelations about Bob White's mysterious "object" recovered from a UFO encounter in 1985 near Grand Junction, CO.

Bob's object has been tested at the Los Alamos National Laboratory, New Mexico Tech, and at the Geosciences Research Division of the Scripps Institute in La Jolla, Ca.

Dr. Robert Gibbons, former scientist with NASA, and current Executive Director of the Museum, made this statement. "We recently came across scientific data that linked Bob's object with the planet Mars.

Isotope abundance ratio tests were performed on Bob's object in May, 1999 in La Jolla, CA and the numbers are virtually the same as obtained from Martian meteorite samples. The ratio of isotopes of Strontium for the QUE 94201 meteorite found in Antarctica in 1994 was 0.701. The ratio of isotopes of Strontium for Bob's object was 0.712. The ratio of isotopes of Strontium for the Shergotty meteorite found India in 1865 was 0.723. Bob's object is right in the middle of two proven Martian meteorites!"

The Martian meteorite data came from a scientific paper published on the website of the Planetary Science Research Discoveries, an educational website supported by NASA's Office of Space Sciences and by the Hawaii Space Grant Consortium.

Dr. Gibbons is calling for more scientific tests on the Bob White object to prove its origin once and for all.

>For further information, call Dr. Robert Gibbons, Executive Director, Museum of the Unexplained, P.O. Box 357, Reeds Spring, MO 65737. Tele: (417) 272-9620.

user posted imageuser posted image

On August 8, 1996, tests were made on the Bob White object at New Mexico Tech using a Philips Model 2400 X-Ray Fluorescence Spectrometer. The elements found in the Bob White object in order of concentration include: Aluminum, Silicon, Iron, Calcium, Sulfur, Chlorine, Sodium, Potassium, Copper, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Zinc, Maganese, Nickel, Titanium, Chromium, Gallium, Molybdenum, Europium, Yttrium, Cadmium, and Zirconium.

On May 1, 1999, tests were made at La Jolla, CA. A scientist measured Strontium isotopes from Bob White's object. He measured isotope abundance ratios for Sr84/Sr88 and Sr87/Sr86. He said: "If you return a ratio of 0.699 or lower you can absolutely conclude you have an extraterrestrial sample. We measured at La Jolla 0.712 for Bob's sample".

On December 1, 1999, the scientist at La Jolla sent Bob a list of elements found in the Bob White object. They included Aluminum, Chromium, Iron, Magnesium, Maganese, Nickel, Vanadium, Zinc, Barium, Titanium, Cobalt, Calcium, Strontium, Zirconium, and Gadolinium. The scientist said there was Silicon that was destroyed during testing. Note the elements found in La Jolla that were not found at New Mexico Tech. Dr. Robert Gibbons

Edit:

Merged this new thread in the existing topic.

Edited by Phantom

• 2 months later...

user posted image

http://ufoevidence.conforums.com/index.cgi

if you want the most up to date info and video of the best ufo conference held in years here is the site to get it at... thumbsup.gif

HAS 5 OF THE BEST RESEARCHERS DISCUSSING BOB WHITES METAL AND WHAT THEY KNOW SO FAR..

ufo evidence online store and auctions

THOUGHT SOME OF YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN THIS..

very best for the holidays while im here also..

hope everyone has a great x-mas and new years. alien.gif

larry cool.gif

Edited by larryroyc

• 6 months later...

This topic generated a little bit of interest awhile back, thought those who were curious about the object would be interested in the results of testing done by the National Institute for Discovery Science. Seems there wasn't really anything particularly 'strange' about the chemical composition of the material.

TEST REPORT HERE

Linda Howe also had the piece analyzed by an independant scientific technologist several years ago, but failed to publicize his findings when they didn't support her belief that the material was not of 'earthly' origin. Seems the government isn't the only one conspiring to hide the 'truth' from us. tongue.gif

LINDA HOWE REPORT

Seems the government isn't the only one conspiring to hide the 'truth' from us.

I think maybe Mrs.Howe has been out in the field too long. whistling2.gif

I can understand that getting a second and third opinion is wise, but I have to wonder if this Bob White object is in fact being shopped around untill a researcher is located that will agree with the claims of ET origins. As long as it is always being tested it will always remain mysterious and this could be what they are counting on.

Whether this shopping around for a corroborating scientist is done for, what some believe to be, the greater good or to boost profit in the lecture circuit.....who knows.

Also, say it is made up entirely of things we are aware of, does this absolutley rule out ET origins?

Doesn't matter what it's made of.....(the elements cited are present in the universe as well as here).....IF it's of extraterrestrial origin, then it is. If it's not, then it's not. Because it's made up of "normal" elements and it's chemical composition is "normal" doesn't mean a thing.

What I would like to know is the actual results of the analysis, with the % contents of each of the elements (weighted as various mineral types) and an X-ray diffraction study of the xtalline structure. I could probably tell from that what minerals make up the object, which would give me an idea of what it could be and where it was from. The isotopic analysis is interesting, but you'd have to be careful about using it as definitive proof. Metamorphism can reset the isotope ratios quite easily to any value it likes.....personally, I would like a set of representative samples from Mars itself, with all the analyses done, to be able to compare it with them. Then you could be more certain of whether its origins were Martian or not.

Edited by Ozmeister

So really, I'd like to know what the hell it is, not just what it's made of. Even if it's just some goofy looking paperweight.

It looks like it was created as a result of some sort of alien laxative, or laxative induced. laugh.gif

It looks like it was created as a result of some sort of alien laxative, or laxative induced. laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Just as long as it's not an alien suppository.