Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Celestine Prophecy

Starlyte

This is one of the most uplifting and amazing books I've ever read. The wisdom in it is timeless, and I know it will be one of those books that I'm constantly referring to again and again. Here is a link to the book and to those books which came after it. If you are someone questioning the hows and whys of your life I recommend you pick this book up and read it.

Has anyone else read this book or any of the ones following it? I plan on reading "The Tenth Insight: Holding the Vision" as soon as I am able to purchase it. I'd like to know the opinions on the 9 Insights from those who have read the book, and are trying to integrate them into their lives.

Click here for link to book

James Redfield's official Celestine Prophecy site

user posted image

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mentalcase

• Starlyte

• antares

Starlyte,

I read the book, I liked the ideas expressed in it, but I had some problems with the style of writing. I felt like some very powerful ideas were given to somebody who did not know how to present them to the public. I had also problems with the main character. He was so simply described that I was not sure about his personality at all.

I liked the part about noticing and paying attention to coincidences though.

I had also problems with the main character. He was so simply described that I was not sure about his personality at all.

Antares,

Basically this is the whole idea of the book, to put yourself in the characters shoes. It is meant to be a personal spiritual adventure. I read the whole series of books including the Celestine Vision (which I believe was written before the fictitious novel version of his teachings).

I'd like to know the opinions on the 9 Insights from those who have read the book, and are trying to integrate them into their lives.

Starlyte,

I have indeed incorporated most of the knowledge in the books into my day to day life. It is hard to keep up with. I think the main thing I picked up from the whole book was the bit on Control Drama. I should give the series another read, it has been at least two years since I finished Secrets of Shambala. Thanks for posting this. I will reply more to what others say. I am very intrigued. original.gif

I felt like some very powerful ideas were given to somebody who did not know how to present them to the public.

This has been done with his book The Celestine Vision. It is not fictional.

Edited by Mentalcase

I think the main thing I picked up from the whole book was the bit on Control Drama.

Mentalcase:

This and the first insight are what stood out the most for me. Trying to pin down what my control drama is has proven to be quite a challenge; I seem to be more Aloof, but have also played into the Poor Me though I think the Poor Me is a drama I usually get involved with when with someone else when I'm playing off of their drama. Aloofness has always been problem for me. The whole concept is still a bit confusing for me, but in taking this book a little at a time I hope to fully understand it someday.

As for the 3rd insight, have you ever been able to see the energy? I was out at my parent's house on Saturday (they live in a very rural area) and was staring at this tree trying to see the energy around it and all of a sudden it was there; a green glow surrounding the entire tree. Everything around it seemed to become brighter. I felt elated, and then I smiled. I also felt a tingling sensation on the top of my head. It was amazing. Call it universal energy, auras, or whatever you like, but know that it is there. We just have to look for it.

All I know for sure if after reading this book, my attitude towards life and my role in it has completely changed. I'm already becoming more aware, though I know I have a long way to go. I also have felt calmer and happier than I ever have in my entire life.

*I like your new avatar Mentalcase!

As for the 3rd insight, have you ever been able to see the energy?  I was out at my parent's house on Saturday (they live in a very rural area) and was staring at this tree trying to see the energy around it and all of a sudden it was there; a green glow surrounding the entire tree.  Everything around it seemed to become brighter.  I felt elated, and then I smiled.  I also felt a tingling sensation on the top of my head.  It was amazing.  Call it universal energy, auras, or whatever you like, but know that it is there.  We just have to look for it.

When I was a child I remember seeing what I believe now were auras. Other then that I think our minds are damaged by society, TV and whatever else brings us away from just 'being', that we don't percieve natural things (as adults).

Thank you wub.gif

Edited by Mentalcase

Other then that I think our minds are damaged by society, TV and whatever else brings us away from just 'being', that we don't percieve natural things (as adults).

I agree with you. I imagine this is even more true for those who live in cities or somewhere they aren't able to get out into nature or a quiet place. For me it only took me a minute or two to be able to focus and see the energy eminating from the tree, which was surprising for me. I never thought it would be so easy or come so naturally. That in itself gave me hope. It also made me realize the reason that I've enjoyed the every Saturday trip out to my parent's house. After a week of being in my apartment in the middle of the city, going to the the country has always made me feel better. After returning from there every weekend I always had a feeling of peace and seemed to have more energy; more able to face the problems and situations of the week to come. This realization brings me back to the first insight. It's not a coincidence that I feel better after being there. Now I understand the reasons behind it all. No wonder I'm so tired of living in my little box (apartment wink2.gif ) in the city.

Thank you 

You are welcome. wink2.gif

It good to know that someone else has grasped the main purpose of that book. original.gif

I have met the coolest people just by reading it.

It good to know that someone else has grasped the main purpose of that book.

It is nice to have someone to talk to who understands what the book is about. We will have to keep each other posted on our progress in this life and how the insights continue to guide us forward.

Don't know if you'd be interested in knowing, but here is how I ended up even reading the book. By boyfriend was told to buy and read it a few years ago (before we were in contact) which he never did. Then 2 weeks ago we were at this wonderful little bookstore and he picked it up and showed it to me. I commented how I had always wanted to read it so he bought it. Normally I usually only get to read at work when I go on break, but for nearly two weeks my computer at work was broken so I had all day to read. I finished reading Dracula, then decided to read another fiction book "The Burning Times: A Novel of Medeival France" by Jeanne Kalogridis, which was a great book. After reading it I had had enough of fiction for the moment so I switched gears and started reading "Dreams and Premonitions (1923)" by L.W. Rogers which was an amazing book in its own right. After finishing that one I started reading "The Ceslestine Prophecy" and finished it in two days. I guess the point in my sharing this story is that I think that I read it for a reason, and I read it because it was time for me to do so. No coincidence that my computer was broken long enough for me to finish reading it; especially since I read 3 books before it.....

THE CELESTINE PROPHECY

THE MOVIE

From the desk of JAMES REDFIELD ...

August 2003

Dear Friends,

The screenplay is finished! We are meeting with potential investors. At the same time, we are seeking attachments from various actors, and budgeting the script. We are excited! Stay tuned; there is more to come soon...

Hold the vision.

James Redfield

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 2003

Things are quickly moving forward with our making of a feature film. We finally have a screenplay that I believe fully represents the essence of The Celestine Prophecy.

As we move forward, we will first begin to build our team. At the moment, we are exploring the financing of this project. Then, we will focus on cast and crew. Over the next couple of months, please keep a keen eye on our website as we will begin to post more and more information allowing you to remain fully abreast of where we are and how you can be plugged in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LINK

I look forward to this movie coming out.

WOW. blink.gif

There is also a soundtrack to the book, I'll see if I can find it later.

There is also a soundtrack to the book, I'll see if I can find it later.

I found a link: Chritopher Franke Home Page/Celestine Prophecy Soundtrack

Though, at the site above they have none available for sale.

But....I did find a few available here: Click Here

I only included the first link so that you could check out other cd's he has done. original.gif

I had written a letter to Redfield a couple years ago asking if I could make an acoustic instrumental of the insights. I had a good idea for most of it. Then I heard about this soundtrack. Oh well.

*Never did get a letter back.

Edited by Mentalcase

I had written a letter to Redfield a couple years ago asking if I could make an acoustic instrumental of the insights. I had a good idea for most of it. Then I heard about this soundtrack. Oh well.

*Never did get a letter back.

You know, the original soundtrack is really hard to find and I'm not even sure if you can buy it at a store other than online at half.com or maybe e-bay. I think it would be worth it for you to write another letter regarding the acoustic version you have envisioned, and maybe send a sample of what you have come up with. Especially with a movie in the works! Who knows, maybe you would get to do the soundtrack for the movie! It wouldn't hurt to try! wink2.gif