Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Faith

donnnboy

what is faith  

12 members have voted

1. 1. what is faith

• gifted
    • enlightened
    • bibliagraphy

You know in a time when we all could just be together, with out being faced with a decision of fate. We all lived in harmony and we accepted everything for the way it was. One day that all died when one man decided to make a book and call it prophecy. That man was a genius of his own time, and he probably never even had an intent of sending our world into a cosmic spin that will never be forgotten. This person is someone who was forgotten over the years, but his work, his stories lived on to become loved, and worshiped. The book he wrote was The Bible. Now do you still believe me, don’t you think that there could have just been a guy way out there in the universe trying to make himself, by writing stories of how people keep other people in line. Just look at The Bible. At one point or the other it totally contradicts itself. It is like a poorly experienced writer wrote this, but still people still choose to believe it. Please just believe me now, your so called God is not real, he is just another made up story taken out of hand. How we got on this planet is none of our business. It never was, because we could never remember it. But still that surprises me, after all these years a simple story such as The Bible can last so long, then why can’t we remember or cherish our own beginning. I really hope I am making a difference in your thinking right now, because this little thing will eventually drive us all to kill our selves and just finish what we started all those so many years ago. If I am offending you right now all you have to do is look away from the paper, and set your mind back in its little illusion of a life. Because somehow I am the only one who actually knows what reality is any more. Every one is living in their own little worlds that even “God” can’t save us, even if he did exist. We have already begun the beginning of the end and then we will all die and never be remembered. Because like I must have mentioned before, everyone wants to leave their mark on the world one way or another. In the end we will all be doomed to suffer our own fate of annihilation. And there WILL BE NO ONE TO SAVE US FROM OUR OWN DESTRUCTION. Just face the facts of the operation. From the first moment we are born we begin to die. It is a simple fact at the least. Just think you are here for very vague reasons. Your born, you eat and drink of the earth, you reproduce, and you die. If is what all human-beings have to look forward to. Doesn’t that sound great!?! I mean if we have to purpose to live, then why are we doing it. It is just plain stupid how some people can make a life out of just doing the same thing for centuries at a time. If you can’t have fun living then why even try to do it. It is a waste of time to me, and yes I am atheist, if you didn’t get that from the first point in our story. By the way can someone please tell me why the hell we go to school and get jobs, why we have money. Why can’t we just all work for the simple necessities in life. I wish we were all just farm families, just milking the cows and feeding the chickens. I believe if we did that, then world peace will soon come after it. If we accomplish world peace then we would have accomplished the impossible. Of course not every one is going to be all hunky-dory, but we will learn to become more polite, courteous, and conservative, then and only then will we live in harmony.

Thanks for listening to this stupid thing. Of course if you did read this then you chose to because I would never make anyone read this unless they wanted to, and only then will they be allowed to read it. These are my thoughts and no one can change them, thanks for listening. :hat

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• donnnboy

• Homer

• pappagooch

• theSOURCE

Top Posters In This Topic

You know in a time when we all could just be together, with out being faced with a decision of fate. We all lived in harmony and we accepted everything for the way it was
Utopia is cool cool.gif

One day that all died when one man decided to make a book and call it prophecy
Ummm, actually there are many books in the Bible, and many different writers as well

This person is someone who was forgotten over the years
Moses, King David, the Apostle Paul are just three examples of men who have written books in the Bible, and they have never been forgotten through the years. Never.

Just look at The Bible. At one point or the other it totally contradicts itself
I'm not saying the Bible doesn't contradict itself, but to say that without a single example to back up your accusation is absurd.

I really hope I am making a difference in your thinking right now
laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Yeah whatever

Because somehow I am the only one who actually knows what reality is any more
laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif You're too funny

From the first moment we are born we begin to die
As it is with everything in the universe. It's funny how the aging process works rolleyes.gif

Why can’t we just all work for the simple necessities in life
I see we're back to the land of Utopia. In the simplest, yet very accurate answer, humanity is a greedy species.

Of course if you did read this then you chose to because I would never make anyone read this unless they wanted to, and only then will they be allowed to read it.
eek7.gif

thanks for listening.
Your welcome original.gif

Listen my dear depressed friend, the one thing anyone can take from ancient texts, such as the bible you referenced, is that good is balanced with evil and visa versa. This is a common law of the universe, a positive balanced with a negative. We would not exist if there was an imbalance such as utopia. There will never be a “utopia” of sorts. If we were blasted back to the stone ages (this is something that current evidence is slowly proving has happened to our civilization 5000 – 10,000 years ago anyways, but that is another thread) and we were all farmers living our own happy little lives, wouldn’t you think that a group of people would eventually gather at one point to take over your land by force? Rape and kill? Total domination? These are all traits of an animal species... Control of Territory, Darwin’s Theory, etc... And you do realize that we are an animal species don’t you?

Anyways, I think the bible is a wonderful tool for the morals expressed through the stories and the history lesson it provides. I cant say I believe in "God", but then again I don't even know if we all have a soul... When I eventually have children I will most definitly put them through hebrew school to learn the traditions, morals and values of their bloodline, but when they are old enough they can make their own decisions about how they view the universe...

Enjoy life while you can & never have any regrets, because "God" (lol) knows life is so fragile!

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif @Homer. thumbsup.gif

I couldn't understand how the answers fit the question to the pole so I voted none of the above.

By the way can someone please tell me why the hell we go to school and get jobs, why we have money. Why can't we just all work for the simple necessities in life. I wish we were all just farm families, just milking the cows and feeding the chickens. I believe if we did that, then world peace will soon come after it.

donnnboy, have you ever milked a cow, or plowed a field, or harvested a crop (the food kind), or helped build a barn, or even a small tool shed? All of that is a lot harder than flipping burgers.

And without money how are we supposed to get those cows and chickens? Barter and trade? Barter and trade is what lead to money coming into being in the first place.

What about medicine and discovering new cures for diseases? Without school we wouldn't have the trained physicians and technicians to carry out this research.

And what of communication with the rest of the world? Does your vision of Utopia dictate that we cease communicating with one another and seal ourselves off in closed communities? Without technology and world wide communication you wouldn't have been able to express your opinion to so many people of so many countries like you did with that single post. The best you'd be able to do is walk down the road wearing a cardboard sign and ringing a bell.

Go to school, get a job, and enjoy life for what it is.

That's just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth. original.gif

actually i live on a farm... hard to believe isnt it... i am only 15 years old, but i feel like i have to be older and wiser... you have no [edited out] idea how it is to live with a dad that beats you daily...

the smoker

Edited by Phantom

donnnboy Posted on: Sep 25 2003, 04:51 PM

When you think about it, it is our parents that make us who we are... in a sense. They are the ones who make us go to church, feed us our vegtibles and all that other great stuff. They punish you when you do something wrong...  they give you a smile when your funny....  and they even help you on your every day problems by giving you advice... . But no matter how much you think that you cant get away from them, you always end up coming back. Your parents have way too much influence on our daily living... if we are so much like them, will we be doomed to make the same mistakes as them???? Think about it....

The Smoker

Is one of the people you speak so fondly of the same that beats you daily?

You must have a big heart ... Respect thumbsup.gif