Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GhostShark

New Zealands Cryptids?

3 posts in this topic

First off I remember off reading about a lake monster on the South Island; anybody know anything?

Also NZ has alot of supposedly extinct animals that were amazing like the moa; and some of them have been rediscovered like the tuataura.

Actually the Tuatara wasn't lost it was just keeping really still ........... ph34r.gif

tuatara

The Moa are facinating though , every year they have apparent sightings in the Fiordlands . Usually it's one of 2 publicans in the area that spot it however .

A really interesting fact about the MOA.. .

Up untill only about a month ago it was believed that there where two different types of Moa a big one and a really big one . Apparently though they arn't two different species but two diferent sexes . The Female Moa was roughly 3 times the size of a male Moa and easilly mistaken as a completely diferent make .

I haven't seen any sea monsters though sorry thumbsup.gif

So this is where all the NZers hang out .....nah i havent heard of anything about see monsters either .....was the Tuatara eva considered extinct?....i thought it was just a creature that existed in the same era as dinosaurs?