Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Video Games Thread

Engulf

grin2.gif Aaaah little Kanga! I had a great pleasure playing Syphon Filter on the original Playstation. It was a great game, and a very interesting concept just as Tenchu and Metal Gear solid...

Hmmm...I've just bought Soul Calibur 2...I really had a bad feeling the first time I played it because I'm a great fan of the previous Dreamcast version whose gameplay differs a little, but finally I find it great, lot of interesting characters...

Damn Spawn is not in the PS version...sad.gif

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Engulf

• Cufflink

• Jasu

• Nintendork

Disappointing update on that earlier Gran Turismo 4 news.

Looks like the Christmas release date has gone, and it's more likely to be out in Europe in Spring 2004. crying.gif

Trouble with the online side of the game, apparently.

Argh ducks..... sad.gif .Guess we just have to wait then.....

Anyway I've just gotten Dynasty Warriors 4 (kinda late but oh well....),and it's awesome.Really stuck to it back a few days ago thumbsup.gif

Man, I wish I had the "time" to play more video games... crying.gif

I used to really get hooked into numerous games: Metal Gear, Tekken, Mortal Kombat D.A., Various Star Wars Games, etc... I actually loved Gauntlet! That was awesome! But all I ever have time for now is the occasional "Madden" game... I know it'll last an hour and a half and i'm out...

Also, Madden tourneys are great every once in a while!

One question here,anyone played the old Mortal Kombat Trilogy game?I've replayed it a moment ago,and the game's still kicking my butt!! laugh.gif

Which game is the best for online 1st person shooting game?

Counter Strike

BattleField 1942

Unreal Tournament 2003

Medal of Honor

Other

And does anyone have any idea when Diablo 3 is coming out?

Soul Caliber II is a great game, and the best version is on Gamecube for one reason only: Link. He is the best fighter there. Other good games are Super Smash Brothers Melee (Link is in that one too), and Zelda The Wind Waker. All these games are on Gamecube, even though it is last on the most next-gen consoles sold in the U.S. (Damn you, Microsoft and Sony, with your GTA and Halo!!!)

(Damn you, Microsoft and Sony, with your GTA and Halo!!!)

Bit unfair to criticise Sony, just because so many people love the wonderful GTA games.

GameCube is deliberately targeted at those players who like brightly coloured cutsey games, wheras Sony go for the older gamers.

Can't blame Sony for Nintendo's marketing strategy.

Alright.....anyone gotten thier hands on Pro Evolution 3 yet??If so,how do you think the game handles?

Cufflink, I agree that Gamecube targets the younger audience more than Sony, but if you ever played Eternal Darkness, you wouldn't think Gamecube games are so cutesy. And in Wind Waker, Link finishes of Ganon by shoving his sword into Ganon's skull. Doesn't sound cutesy to me. (by the way, I also have PS2, but I have very few games.)

Cufflink, I agree that Gamecube targets the younger audience more than Sony, but if you ever played Eternal Darkness, you wouldn't think Gamecube games are so cutesy. And in Wind Waker, Link finishes of Ganon by shoving his sword into Ganon's skull. Doesn't sound cutesy to me. (by the way, I also have PS2, but I have very few games.)

Oh, I wasn't having a go at GameCube owners, Jasu.

GameCube does have adult games (like the Resi titles). It's just that the company let you loyal Nintendo gamers down, by giving the impression to the world in general that their games are cute.

Both Super-Monkeyball games are on GC. They may be cute, but I think they are impossible to beat. If anyone here has beat either one, then you are my hero.

Alrightee,Castlevania : Lament of Innocence is already out in the US.Anyone bought it already??I've got to wait til the PAL version's out this 26th of Dec though sad.gif

Cufflink, I agree. Nintendo has been givig the impression that a good portion of its games are cute. This is why some game developers are cancelling games on Gamecube, like the Timesplitters series, because of Nintendo's ways. I think that Nintendo should focus a little bit more on adult games because they are the ones buying the games. And that new game, Killer 7, sounds like a title that should be very interesting for adult gamers. And the Super Monkey Ball series has some of the most hardest games I have ever played. I get better runs by just winging it and trying to send it down as fast as I can.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's just cause its targeted towards kids. The Snes was on the top of the heap, it went pretty much unchallenged. The N64 was smothered to death by sony, mostly 'cause of the choice of going with cartridges instead of cd's. (it also lost nintendo square) They were being cautious, because other companies had used cds and failed horribly. Cause the n64 did so badly many companies have decided to stay away from gamecube.

The 'cube is really targeted only to kids, just a little more than sony or microsoft.

Ps: I've got no probs with sony, I really want a PS2 for christmas. (still want to play Kingdom Hearts). Sorry but I really don't care for microsoft; not excited about any of the games.

Some of the best games are "kiddie" games. Like: Super Mario RPG (my fav),

Wind Waker, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Ocarina of Time.