Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dinosaur Artwork of the Day

frogfish

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• Thunderbolt

• Twisted

• SG7

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There has been adequate research. The bone structure is not strong/light enough for flapping. There are too little feathers found on Microraptor to generate lift.

You dont need to flap your wings to fly you dow dow bird!:P Its belived that they glided by climing a tree and jumping off it, or, it may have jump into the air and glided down on to it pray. They may have used hot air like egales. Also they had 4 wings two in the fornt and two in the back. It would have been like a byplane. :geek:

Sorry Pilgrim I did not see you post before I made this.

Edited by SG7

or, it may have jump into the air and glided down on to it pray

That would be an astounding two feet of flight!

They may have used hot air like egales

Thermals don't exist low to the ground like that. To reach a thermal, you would need to fly-flap your wings-to reach it.

user posted image

Gigantosaurus

Edited by frogfish

My first thought on reading the title of this thread was, "I didn't know dinosaurs produced artwork".

There are some nice pictures in here. I still have trouble getting my head round the idea that these creatures once roamed the earth. Who needs science fiction when we have science fact?

^

I know what your talking about, I am really amazed with these animals! Evertime I read about Dinosaurs or see Fossils I am just amazed!!!

My first thought on reading the title of this thread was, "I didn't know dinosaurs produced artwork".

Lol..

Since SG7 didn't post a name for the dinosaur he posted, I will. That one is Afrovenator :yes:

user posted image

Nyctosaurus

Not exactly a dino, but Marshall's work anyways...

user posted image

Megaraptor and Amaragasaurus