Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do your deceased loved ones visit in dreams?

nycrican

HI Everyone:

I have always had dreams in which deceased friends and relatives show up. I am always delighted to see them and immeadiately ask them why they are here because they are supposed to be dead. They never answer my question but just start to join me in whatever I am doing in the dream when they appear.

I have seen my dad so many times in the dreams, he passed away 20 years ago. I have had dreams with my father in law who twice has given me a big hug and it just felt so good. He passed away about 5 years ago.

I have seen my younger sister who passed away 8 years ago in my dreams. In one of the dreams, I told her to go away because she was bugging me as younger sisters do in real life. When I woke up, I thought to myself that I should never have asked her to leave because the time she was spending with me was extra precious time that a lot of people do not get.

I recently told my sisters and mom about my dreams, they live in another state. Both were shocked because they do not have dreams with deceased people. When I told my mother in law about getting a hug from her deceased husband, she was also shocked and even a little jealous.

So my question is, do you have dreams with your deceased love ones? Who were they and please describe a few if you can.

• Like 1

HI Everyone:

I have always had dreams in which deceased friends and relatives show up. I am always delighted to see them and immeadiately ask them why they are here because they are supposed to be dead. They never answer my question but just start to join me in whatever I am doing in the dream when they appear.

I have seen my dad so many times in the dreams, he passed away 20 years ago. I have had dreams with my father in law who twice has given me a big hug and it just felt so good. He passed away about 5 years ago.

I have seen my younger sister who passed away 8 years ago in my dreams. In one of the dreams, I told her to go away because she was bugging me as younger sisters do in real life. When I woke up, I thought to myself that I should never have asked her to leave because the time she was spending with me was extra precious time that a lot of people do not get.

I recently told my sisters and mom about my dreams, they live in another state. Both were shocked because they do not have dreams with deceased people. When I told my mother in law about getting a hug from her deceased husband, she was also shocked and even a little jealous.

So my question is, do you have dreams with your deceased love ones? Who were they and please describe a few if you can.

That is one way that spirits communicate with us is in our dreams....consider yourself lucky to have had the visits, I think it is great

My nanna died last november and about a month ago I had a dream and she was sitting with me in her old old house and she was telling me that I should tell my mum everythings Ok. I was crying in my dream cause I had missed her so much. I haven't had another dream like that since, my older brother has though. When my mum was 1 her dad died on christmas, he was in the war, years later my nan re-married he passed away when I was about 8, I'm 16 now. Me and my brother both own my nans wedding rings, they mean alot to us now. :)

• Like 1

For years I have occasionally had dreams in which all my much loved relatives who have passed on are sitting around my large oval dining room table with me. We are all having a cup of tea and chatting about everything and anything. Over the years as another relative passes away, that relative become part of the gathering around the table. There are eight loved ones in the group now. I always awake from these dreams feeling very happy and peaceful.

I also have other dreams in which my grandmother gives me advice on some very important issues in my life. I usually try to follow her advice. :)

• Like 3

Hmmm... I have had dreams about my deceased grandfather and grandmother... altho my grandfather died when I was about 2 and he appearred in my dream when i was 13 or 14 at least.... he took he shopping lol, that was weird. I couldn't control my dream to make myself ask if he was ok tho but he was clearly a ghost in my dream because he was floating away in the shops.

I sensed my grandmother a few months after she died. I didn't exactly see my grandmother in the dream but I sensed her presence very strongly and it gave me a sense of comfort. The setting of that dream was a strange one. In chinese traditions, after a person died, it is said that they spirit will wonder back to their home after a certain number of days and people will put out food for that spirit, often their favourite during their lifetime. What I saw was the setting of this, with food in a dimly lit room and felt her presence.

My first impressions about those dreams was that it was probably my imagination but I do often wonder if they were actually my relatives trying to contact me in someway :hmm: . If they were, I'd feel very special because to be honest I wasn't close to my grandmother and I was 2 when my grandfather died.

I believe your grandfather and grandmother are making contact with you.

Your grandfather is no doubt telling you if he were here you and he could go shopping together.

And your grandmother is possibly telling you this is the kind of table she set for those she ran a home for and perhaps would like to share some of those things with you.

Sometimes a family member will take you to a shop to tell you such and such a shop might have something you would like or may have been thinking about buying.

The Grandmother could be telling you other things, first about sharing a meal or perhaps you need to see what is on the table?

It could be her telling ou need to eat more of a certain food for better health.

I get these kinds of messages all the time either in dreams or through thoughts from those in the Spirit World but in my case I normally know what they mean and you need to remember your dreams and jot down notes and times and see if more information comes to you in dreams or thoughts to better explain the dreams meaning.

• Like 1

I believe your grandfather and grandmother are making contact with you.

Your grandfather is no doubt telling you if he were here you and he could go shopping together.

And your grandmother is possibly telling you this is the kind of table she set for those she ran a home for and perhaps would like to share some of those things with you.

Sometimes a family member will take you to a shop to tell you such and such a shop might have something you would like or may have been thinking about buying.

The Grandmother could be telling you other things, first about sharing a meal or perhaps you need to see what is on the table?

It could be her telling ou need to eat more of a certain food for better health.

I get these kinds of messages all the time either in dreams or through thoughts from those in the Spirit World but in my case I normally know what they mean and you need to remember your dreams and jot down notes and times and see if more information comes to you in dreams or thoughts to better explain the dreams meaning.

Aw thanks. :tu:

• 1 year later...
HI Everyone:

I had a dream about my late nephew who passed suddenly a few weeks ago. In the dream I am aware that I need to get to him. I arrive in a building and he is coming through a gate surrounded by soldiers who are the firing squad. i ask to go to him and I am allowed he hugged me so tightly then a women and a man came for him he said they sent someone. I asked if I could go with him and he said he wouldnt like it.. And asked me to wait round the corner, however I hung back and he fell to the ground and then disapeared. I felt like I had lost him all over again i woke up sobbing.. can any one explain

A few months ago I dreamed I was talking to my sister on the phone, and suddenly my late grandfather's vocie interuppted. He kept saying my name, and was saying "can you hear me?" His voice sounded far away, like he was yelling from a distance. I said, "yes grandpa, I can hear you." And he told me, "Someone should be sitting here laughing at you." Then my alarm went off,a nd I opened my eyes and I saw this person made of light rise from my bed, like it was sitting beside me. I don't know if it was real, but it was very strange, and I wonder what he said, what it is supposed to mean.

A few months ago I dreamed I was talking to my sister on the phone, and suddenly my late grandfather's vocie interuppted. He kept saying my name, and was saying "can you hear me?" His voice sounded far away, like he was yelling from a distance. I said, "yes grandpa, I can hear you." And he told me, "Someone should be sitting here laughing at you." Then my alarm went off,a nd I opened my eyes and I saw this person made of light rise from my bed, like it was sitting beside me. I don't know if it was real, but it was very strange, and I wonder what he said, what it is supposed to mean.

Sometimes when people die, they feel they haven't really said good-bye. Other times, they want us to know that they are OK. They know we miss them and worry about them, so, they come back and let us know they are fine. My Auntie did. I worried about her a lot, she died after suffering from Leukemia for years (she didn't tell any of us) I was devastated. She was my only blood aunt. She came back in my dream, looking younger and incredibly healthy and told me to stop worrying. I had told her, unknowingly when she was in the early stages of the cancer, that my grandma and grandpa had come to me in a dream and told me to tell everyone they were all right, and together. My aunt took great comfort from this, and so when she came back, she told me I was right. They OK, and so was she. I did cry when I woke up, but at the same time, I felt so much better.

• Like 1

I had a friend who died 21 years ago. He occasionally appears in dreams but it is very rare. He is the only dead person I ever dream about. I remember him appearing in a dream about 2 years ago. It was weird as it was a dream about being in some hell like place with demonics etc. I was quietly moving through this extremely risky area when one of these Demons spotted me. A fight ensued, out of nowhere my old buddy appeared and started pounding on these Demons. He spoke to me and said “What are you doing here?” my reply was “aren’t you dead!?”. He then said “We don’t have time…this is real…for God’s sake run….” So I did as he asked and ran, still wondering why he was there. Bizzare dream :P

• Like 1

I had a friend who died 21 years ago. He occasionally appears in dreams but it is very rare. He is the only dead person I ever dream about. I remember him appearing in a dream about 2 years ago. It was weird as it was a dream about being in some hell like place with demonics etc. I was quietly moving through this extremely risky area when one of these Demons spotted me. A fight ensued, out of nowhere my old buddy appeared and started pounding on these Demons. He spoke to me and said “What are you doing here?” my reply was “aren’t you dead!?”. He then said “We don’t have time…this is real…for God’s sake run….” So I did as he asked and ran, still wondering why he was there. Bizzare dream :P

That is a freaky dream! :unsure2:

I have had a dream of my ex husband's grandfather after he had died. He was crying in the dream walking down a road. My ex and I drove past him, then turned around to pick him up. he would not get in the car. He just cried. Then I dreamed of him again where he was sitting at his kitchen table, I asked him why he was there because he supposed to be DEAD....then im my dream I started singing a beautiful hymn, then he floated to heaven, (he was crying in that dream too)

I have had a dream of my ex husband's grandfather after he had died. He was crying in the dream walking down a road. My ex and I drove past him, then turned around to pick him up. he would not get in the car. He just cried. Then I dreamed of him again where he was sitting at his kitchen table, I asked him why he was there because he supposed to be DEAD....then im my dream I started singing a beautiful hymn, then he floated to heaven, (he was crying in that dream too)

Gosh, strong dreams Vel.

There are some really interesting dreams here.

My husband dreams of our daughter and he says it's like it's real, like he's been with her and he's really comforted by it. I've never had a single, solitary dream of her... I'm still waiting. I get phone calls from my family members all the time to say they've had dreams of her.

I think there's a reason I don't dream about her, I haven't figured it out yet, but she's on my mind all day long - how can I NOT dream of her?

Edited by Regency

There have been a large number of accounts of people seeing recently deceased relatives in their dreams or visiting them from their bedsides at precisely the time of death, and during these encounters they often describe sensations of not being able to move like in sleep paralysis.

Gosh, strong dreams Vel.

There are some really interesting dreams here.

My husband dreams of our daughter and he says it's like it's real, like he's been with her and he's really comforted by it. I've never had a single, solitary dream of her... I'm still waiting. I get phone calls from my family members all the time to say they've had dreams of her.

I think she sends me a song though, My Girl. I used sing it to her and she'd sing "I've got the mumph of May", it was never month. Anyway, on her anniversary last September I was making her a silly floral arrangement which consisted lots of long pink gerberas and purple feathers. It would have made her nose wrinkle for sure, I said to her "I hope that's funny enough for you" and the song came on that instant. The next day on her anniversary, I told my sister this and we drove the florist to pick up our posies for her, we walked into the shop and My Girl was on the radio. Coincidence maybe, this happens ALL the time.

I think there's a reason I don't dream about her, I haven't figured it out yet, but she's on my mind all day long - how can I NOT dream of her?

Maybe she thinks you will try to rationalise a dream. as just that. So her way of letting you know she is around is through the song something that isnt so easy to shrug off . SS79 x :)

Edited by SS79

Maybe she thinks you will try to rationalise a dream. as just that. So her way of letting you know she is around is through the song something that isnt so easy to shrug off . SS79 x :)

Thanks SS79 you may well be right there, somehow I think one day I'll get my dream.

Thanks SS79 you may well be right there, somehow I think one day I'll get my dream.

I sure hope so . Maybe it will come when you need it most :)

I dream about people that are gone often. Sometimes I wake up feeling it was just a dream, sometimes I feel like it may have been something more, especially in the case of one of my Grandfathers. I have lucid dreams and have often asked my Grandfather why he's in my dream. He just gives me his charming smile and doesn't say a word. He never talks in my dreams since he passed.

Yes they DO!! I have had the experience after I lost my Mom and it IS reassuring that that are alright!

I believe this happens because your brain, though still active, is more "open" so to speak and this is how loved ones can communicate without scaring the crap out of you in other ways.

Thank you for posting this! Hope this will answer ALOT of people's questions about connecting!!

Ghosts don't visit you inside your dreams, they talk to you while you're asleep.

:tu: I sometimes have dreams with my late mom and dad in them.One time,momma and I were driving on Annaman Road near Boerne,Tx in my dream.

Well there is a low water crossing and it was full of water,so clear it was like glass. Well momma just drove right through it.No the road actually dips down over this little stram and then up the hill.In my dream the water was even with the two high spots in the road,and we drove right from one side to the other,floating atop the water. Or Like my parents and brother and sister(both alive) and me all go for a family drive to some little town like we used to years ago. We just do things in my dreams like we did in life when they were here with us.

I had a dream a few months ago: My mom (she passed away in 1992), and I where in a room with a lot of other people that I didn't know, it was like a party or something, her and I where talking but when I woke up I couldn't remember what we where talking about. She looked like she did in the 1970's, really pretty because that's when she really took pride in how she looked. I miss her very much and I miss my Grandma (she passed in 1993), but she hasn't been in any of my dreams. I really wish she would though!!!!

I am sure you will....and I hope if you do, you will share it

My father's been dead for a few years now.. and I've had ONE dream about him. He called me on the phone. I remember clearly his voice in my ear. I was so excited he called me.. He asked how we all were, and told me to take care of myself.. He called me by my nickname.. I remember when I hung up the phone in my dream.. I could still hear his voice clearly in my right ear long after I awoke..

I had almost forgotten what he sounded like... and I remember thinking how great and soothing it was to hear him again.