Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do your deceased loved ones visit in dreams?

nycrican

The only time I recall coming into contact with the deceased is when my grandfather appeared in my dream. It was all black and white, which was unusual for my dreams, and i sat in his lap. It felt completely wonderful being reunited with him, since we were so close when he was alive. I really hope something like that happens again!

• 2 weeks later...

My 21 year old brother passed away close to 6 months ago. It was unexpected, sudden, and accidental. He was my idol, I am 3 years younger and looked up to him since I was born. Anything he did I did, and I am really having trouble without him here. I have kept track of all my dreams and I have had 29 dreams with him in them, majority of them are very meaningful and help me. I am struggling with what happens after death and if I will ever see him again, and in some dreams he tell me he is now with "dod" (how he pronounced God as a child), or he is there to smile and laugh with me. One of my most powerful dreams is where I was walking to the house I grew up in, and went downstairs to his room. I was looking through all of his things with my mom and dad, his girlfriend, and a few friends, when suddenly he showed up. He joined in the laughing as we looked at childhood toys, but as he sat next to me I began to cry because I knew he wasn't going to stay with us. He began to cry, and he put his head in his hands and shook his head, because he wasn't supposed to have died. It was such a sad dream and yet I felt like he was really there telling me that it was an accident.. Do you believe that people who have passed on can communicate with us in our dreams?

Last night before I went to bed I asked him to come to me in my dreams more often because that is the only thing giving me any hope. When I fell asleep I dreamt of going to my friends house and seeing him there. I began to cry, because I knew he was still gone, and I kept asking myself if I was imagining it being him or if he was really there. He gave me a hug, and I asked him what he was doing there but he didn't answer. He just smiled at me but I began to cry because again I knew it wouldn't last. He gave me another hug and was crying to. He told me it would be ok and when I told him I missed him he told me he missed me too. We briefly talked but then I had to go and I was uncontrollably crying, as much as I had been the day I found out the news that he had passed.

When my mother died all I would get were nightmares. Mostly I had this reoccuring dream where she'd turn into a demon that only looked like my mother but wasn't so in behavior. In other dreams she would just be mean to me. I'm still having these dreams from time to time. Which frightened me becuase I thought it was a sign she was suffering in Hell

Though there is this one dream I had 2 years ago where she wasn't at all like that. Where I was at school and it was a optional school weekend where if you wanted to you could come to school with your parents and stay there for a weekend(yeah weird I know). In this dream I was half lucid so I vaguely knew I was dreaming and that she hadn't been around for years, and yet in this dream I felt she was never really gone. We talked about many things. When it was sunday evening she said that I will not see her again for a long time.

• 1 month later...

I found this thread on google, and was so touched by the stories I had to sign up and share mine.

I had a friend commit suicide when I was 16, he was 18. It's been just over five years now and I feel like I've coped with the whole thing well, but it's always upset me that I never dream about him. I don't speak to a lot of our mutual friends much any more so sometimes I get scared I'm starting feel like I'm loosing my memories of him.

Anyway, onto the dreaming - I think I've only dreamt about him three or four times, but in every dream, he was always more of a presence. We knew he was around but I never saw him or spoke to him, we could have been looking for him, or other times it was his funeral - we were there but never saw him.

BUT - last week I dreamt of him clearly for the first time. I was having my usual crazy dreams, relating to work and friends in a bizarre yet all very clear way. I was standing on a stage at a venue I had been working at that day. I looked over toward the stairs and he walked up them. He was so clear and looked exactly as the last time I saw him, everything down to his clothes, beanie, haircut and the way he walked. I ran over to him and jumped on him and threw my arms around him, hugging him and I wouldn't let go. I started shrieking, and squealing with excitement "How are you here?! You're meant to be dead?!" and he just kept walking up the stairs still hugging me (I wasn't letting go for love nor money) and he just looked at me and said in such a happy tone, like I was completely insane to have ever questioned him "What are you talking about? I've been here the whole time..." I woke up straight after that, with the most incredible sense of comfort and happiness. I started crying, overwhelmed by sadness and at the same time that incredible feeling of relief.

I don't know if it were him or his spirit coming to me in my dreams, or if it were just my own mind creating the new memories to comfort me. I don't really mind either way, it was such a comforting and amazing feeling. I hope it happens for me more often, and with other relatives and friends. And I hope that others that have experienced such loss can have their own dreams and experiences like mine, to help them get through their difficult times.

That sleep paralysis is horrible. You get the feeling that a horrible entity is creeping up on your bed (e.g The Exorcist girl) and you can't scream out or do anything. One of the worst experiences you can have.

Poltyghost

www.trueghoststories.co.uk

There have been a large number of accounts of people seeing recently deceased relatives in their dreams or visiting them from their bedsides at precisely the time of death, and during these encounters they often describe sensations of not being able to move like in sleep paralysis.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream about my Father. He was asking me if I lived in a safe neighborhood. He looked very concerned and was asking me questions about my living quarters. He has been dead since 1995. I rarely dream about him. The dream did make sense to me. If he was alive today he would have such a concern like the one in the dream. I have moved to another neighborhood then when he was alive. I found the dream interesting.

Hello, can someone please take time to read this.

I posted about my dreams about my dead loved ones maybe a little over half a year ago.

It was before i knew about lucid dreams. Since i dream about my dead family normally, how intense would a lucid dream be?

Note: I'm 15 years old, my grandparents raised me till they died, i was 13. A year after, my father died. Then his brother, which is my uncle.

Now, this is really tragic. But i'm also so fascinated that they are in my dreams still.

Here are my memories of dreams:

When i'm sad and miss them, my dreams take place at their house. Or in a forest. I got lost and started crying.

When i'm happy, i dream about them too. But usually at a ocean and my dreams are very bright and happy.

I would have dreams that they were alive again. And i would go look at my old house on the lake, it was all so pretty. And all my clothes and valuables. My grandmother would take me shopping, and talk to me like she used to. It meant so much to me, even in my dreams. My grandpa would die different ways, and he would be really pale and old looking in one dream. He was in some nursing home or hospital. There was old ugly looking people, (enough to frighten me in a bad way) not just old people or sick people.

Before my grandpa died, he would tell me 'Remember the good happy times, okay?' I had another dream and he told me that. And then he told me that he was always in my heart.

My grandma died at age 60 caused by a heart attack. She died on June 11th '08

My grandpa died at age 58 caused by fail of cancer surgery. He died on July 11th '08 a month after.

My father died at age 39 caused by either OD or fail of drug rehab recovery. On October 9th, '09

My uncle isn't ever in my dreams, only once. But i can't remember, so maybe his reason and date of death is irrelevant.

I want to try lucid dreams because i want to know what these dreams mean.

Can someone help me out?

• 2 weeks later...

HI Everyone:

I have always had dreams in which deceased friends and relatives show up. I am always delighted to see them and immeadiately ask them why they are here because they are supposed to be dead. They never answer my question but just start to join me in whatever I am doing in the dream when they appear.

I have seen my dad so many times in the dreams, he passed away 20 years ago. I have had dreams with my father in law who twice has given me a big hug and it just felt so good. He passed away about 5 years ago.

I have seen my younger sister who passed away 8 years ago in my dreams. In one of the dreams, I told her to go away because she was bugging me as younger sisters do in real life. When I woke up, I thought to myself that I should never have asked her to leave because the time she was spending with me was extra precious time that a lot of people do not get.

I recently told my sisters and mom about my dreams, they live in another state. Both were shocked because they do not have dreams with deceased people. When I told my mother in law about getting a hug from her deceased husband, she was also shocked and even a little jealous.

So my question is, do you have dreams with your deceased love ones? Who were they and please describe a few if you can.

I too have dreams of deceased loved ones and friends who've crossed over. Just the other night, infact, my best friend whom recently died showed up in a dream. She didn't interact with me, per se', she just watched and joined in with whatever was happening in the dream after she showed up. In other words, she was always in the picture, in the background. I've also dreamt about my father and paternal grandmother. I believe that these deceased people are visiting me when they appear in my dreams.

Yes. That's the only way I allow them to visit with me actually. I've seen a couple of them in real life, both female, right after the death, but I much prefer a dream visit and have made that known. It's much easier to deal with than seeing a spirit in real life. I do dream about my dead family members, a lot actually. But I also smell the two ladies around too. They both used extremely identifiable and not very common scents in life. It's pretty hard to miss when they are around actually.

This past few days , i would dream about my deceased aunt .Who died last May of this year. Well , dreams were not scary. Most of the time , in my dream , my aunt acts like a live person. However whenever i talk to her she would not answer back. Whenever i dream about her , i tend to forget that she's alive. Last dream that i could remember was that , I was discussing to my aunt about how willingi am to help her in paying her Tax and Insurances. Last night , she disappeared to my dream being alive , but she was sick . The image that i remembered of her last night was like the the image of her when she was inside the coffin.But i'm not afraid or what. <_< i wonder what that means..

Whenever i dream about her , i tend to forget that she's alive.. I'm sorry for the typo error.. It should be Tends to forget she's dead. :tu:

• 3 weeks later...

Interpretation of spirit world images often are off. Spirits don't really look like people, images are just projections interpretations of a higher reality that is not decipherable for human minds at this point. Chances are the upside down thing was simply a misinterpretation by you...... Or possibly a symbol, like he is in a higher place now and must hang down to visit. or "don't worry, even though he is gone, he is still hanging around" that sort of thing. Only you have the relevancy to give it meaning.

I'm sorry for your loss, I have shared it.

Good luck.

tnx fot the answer, but i forgot to mention it didn't look like him, it was actually his silhouette, surrounded by this gold-red glow... anyway, weeks after i posted my dream, i went and bought a michael newton book and to my suprise THE COVER WAS EXACTLY LIKE MY FATHER IN MY DREAM!

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=usoda+du%C5%A1&um=1&hl=sl&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:sl:official&biw=1424&bih=691&tbm=isch&tbnid=FozKohs7vc972M:&imgrefurl=http://www.misteriji.strani.com/art/zbirka_duse/Usoda_dus&docid=Z0BcZ9GVJ2HM0M&imgurl=http://www.misteriji.strani.com/nohtek/800/dat_158_usodaDus.jpg&w=720&h=540&ei=gmihTuzOMoyQ4gTZ4dHrBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=194&vpy=160&dur=1298&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=138&ty=107&sig=102360283096595537950&page=1&tbnh=156&tbnw=206&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

I guess that meant i should take this book seriously.

but even after i got the meaning behind the dream i'm still positive, that was really my father i was talking to.

I have had many many dreams over the years of deceased people. My maternal Grandmother is probably my most frequent dream visitor. I have dreamt of my paternal Grandfather several times, and I remember at least one dream about my paternal Great Grandfather. My other Grandparents passed on before i was born. I have also had dreams of friends who have passed as well as casual aquaintances. When someone I know dies, I just kind of expect to have a visit from them in a dream.

My neighbor has the same first name as I do. Several years ago she was dating a guy who died. Shortly after, he visited me in a dream. I always kind of thought maybe he just floated into the wrong house:) I didn't know him well.

My daughter was killed a couple years ago. After her death, I rarely dreamed other than a nightmare here and there until I received my second degree Reiki a few weeks ago . Since then, my dreams have started again. I have only had one dream of my daughter, and that was shortly after her death. In that dream, at first I didn't recognize her. I actually walked right past her. I think she was trying to let me know that she was with me even though I couldnt' see her.

My Granddaughter dreams of her Mother often. Many mornings she awakes and tells me she has dreamed about Mommy:) I am always happy to hear that. Sometimes she also tells me that she had a dream about her Daddy (also deceased). Through an Angel Communicator, my daughter has told me that she will always visit her children in the astral plane. Perhaps one day, she will start visiting me as well.

I too have dreams of deceased loved ones and friends who've crossed over. Just the other night, infact, my best friend whom recently died showed up in a dream. She didn't interact with me, per se', she just watched and joined in with whatever was happening in the dream after she showed up. In other words, she was always in the picture, in the background. I've also dreamt about my father and paternal grandmother. I believe that these deceased people are visiting me when they appear in my dreams.

My friend whom was recently brutally murdered in his own home showed up in my dream the other night. He was very quiet, yet was telling me who murdered him. Unfortuneately, no one will believe me if I told them what he told me in that dream. I wonder if it was real? Or just things I've been thinking about concerning his death?

HI Everyone:

I have always had dreams in which deceased friends and relatives show up. I am always delighted to see them and immeadiately ask them why they are here because they are supposed to be dead. They never answer my question but just start to join me in whatever I am doing in the dream when they appear.

I have seen my dad so many times in the dreams, he passed away 20 years ago. I have had dreams with my father in law who twice has given me a big hug and it just felt so good. He passed away about 5 years ago.

I have seen my younger sister who passed away 8 years ago in my dreams. In one of the dreams, I told her to go away because she was bugging me as younger sisters do in real life. When I woke up, I thought to myself that I should never have asked her to leave because the time she was spending with me was extra precious time that a lot of people do not get.

I recently told my sisters and mom about my dreams, they live in another state. Both were shocked because they do not have dreams with deceased people. When I told my mother in law about getting a hug from her deceased husband, she was also shocked and even a little jealous.

So my question is, do you have dreams with your deceased love ones? Who were they and please describe a few if you can.

I just had my first visit from a friend that I lost about a year ago. It was so real that I have been crying for about 2 hours now. I feel like he was just letting me know he is ok in the after life. It was great he had me craking up like always. He was such a funny person to be around. Miss you R.I.P Ray.

hi am new to this and wanted to share my experiences.

On the 2nd nov 2002 i had the strangest dream ever! I was in a hospital ward with my two grannies and my grandad. What made this dream so weird was that they had died 9 and 10 years before this so i never really knew them as i was only a toddler. anyways in my drean they were sooo real and solid just like u or i! i felt really hurt though because i beleived them to be still alive by this point and i didnt understand why they had never been there for me. My granny replied to me " we have always been there for you even though you cant see us!" I was so confused but after a while we were just chatting away like normal. Then the doors to ward suddenly burst wide open and another bed came flying in with my grandpa in it. I was so scared and kept asking are you ok but he never answered just started talking to my granny. Then when he finally spoke to me he said " it is time for me to say goodbye kelly!" of course i was wondering what he meant because he had just came in. Then everything went dark and i woke at half 5 in the morning. I went home later on to find out by my mum that my grandpa had passed away that morning at half 5! I was so creeped out but so comforted that he chose me to say goodbyt to!

Another dream was shortly after my uncle stevn died. I work in a chipshop not far from home but in my dream the chipshop was in a busy street in glasgow! The door tinkled and i came through to serve whomever had just came in. There i saw my uncle steven smiling back at me. I was so confused again because i had been to his funeral not long before that. I asked him to wait because my boss would be happy to see him (they were childhood friends) and he told he didnt have long and said goodbye. just as i went to my boss, he vanished from in front of my eyes!

A few years later i had another dream involving my grandpa. we were driving along in my car towards his nursing home. Nothing unusual there although it never came into my head that he was dead in this dream. We sat in the dining room of the home and were shortly joined by john, a friend we had both made. I then asked him where docky was (another friend) and he told me he was in his room. to this day i beleive that was my grandpa letting me know that john had passed away!

thank you if you took the time to read this really had to write it somewhere lol xx

• Like 1

hi am new to this and wanted to share my experiences.

thank you if you took the time to read this really had to write it somewhere lol xx

Kelly,

Thank you for sharing your dreams. I enjoyed reading them. It is wonderful that your loved ones told you goodbye in their own way:) You must have been so special to them:)

• 4 weeks later...

HI Everyone:

Yes. After my dad passed away in 85' it took only about a week at the most and he appeared in a dream. He did not say anything but he was smiling and nodded his head in a 'yes' like motileon. The only feeling I got from that is one of peace. He is at peace. Then my mom passed away last March. She did not come to me in a dream until last night. I was in this big room standing by a door. There was a long table off to my left against the wall with people sitting facing one direction, towards the door. A voice, a woman's voice said to me "You're mother is here". I looked to my left and saw my Mom sitting at the table with the others. I went to her and sat next to her. She asked me why I did come over and see her and I told her because I didn't see her. I asked her how she has been and she said ok and that she liked it there. That's all I can remember. I just know in my heart of hearts she had made contact with me to let me know she is ok. I did some crying that day. I just wished I had more time with her.

I've had a couple of dreams with my boyfriend. I don't think he's visited me. Unless the dream I heard his voice for the first time since his passing saying, "Forget about me!" counts.

The medium I once visited claimed they did. I think I'm out of luck in that department or he simply now hates me. One or the other.

He was my first love... and passed away a couple of years ago (7-8 years). I forgot about him. Now, when I am married he keeps coming to my dreams and tell me that he isn't dead, and that everybody is lying about his death, that he is alive. He feels so real and I always believe him until I wake up. I ask him not to bother me. But he keeps asking me to believe him that he is alive and to be with him. Every time I wake up after such a dream I feel happy and satisfied.

Every time he comes I tell him about my life... what happened since he passed away, about my husband..

He feels so damn real I can't describe it!

What does he want to tell me??

when my grandad passed away earlier this year i had a dream a few nights after...

I was sat in the pilots bar at an airport (my grandad was a WW2 Pilot and a commercial pilot after the war)and my grandad walked up to me in his old pilots uniform... I offered him a drink but he refused saying that he wsa only here to tell me that he was much better now and that he could remember again (he had terrible alzhiemers) and that he was happy meeting all his old crew and friends again...

he then told me that he had a flight to catch and i watched him from the window of this bar board an old aircraft possibly a DC-3, and take off into the sunset...

When i woke up i felt much calmer and much happier than i had been before

Hi, i don't think ive ever had one since i rarely remember any of my dreams lol, but my step moms from Thailand and she says she sees ghosts and everything like just there upper half of there body before vanishing seconds after she see's them which is some freaky stuff. But anyways i lost my grandma about 2 years ago and my grandpa about 5 years ago and she would always have dreams about my grandma and she would always say who my grandma is visiting next because she would dream and my grandma would be with a different relative every time she dreams. also another interesting thing she told me was one day she was laying down in my grandma and grandpas old bed (He passed away before she even met him) and she was laying in his spot where he used to sleep all the time and i guess she closed her eyes and she saw some old man smiling at her and it startled her and she woke up my dad. My dad was joking and said maybe it's my dad trying to meet you. Well she explained to him what he was wearing and my dad started laughing and showed her a picture of him on the wall and she just lost it lol. he would always wear this dark and light blue sweater and she was dead on the money. Well i guess that's another way you can meet somebody though lol. but anyways in my opinion i believe when you die, your basically in the spirit form and when you dream your in the spirit world where your lost but never forgotten relatives are. Your original form is nothing but a decoy and protection but what lies within is beauty and perfection and is the real life because in that form your free and can do what ever you want and know matter what you'll always be happy (just like when you and me was a kid :) )

My Mum passed away a few years ago and i have never seen her in any dream, in fact ive never dreamed about her at all (or not a dream that i remember). Thinking about it, i have never dreamed about any family member or person that ive known!

I did once (15 years or so ago) dream about meeting my favourite singer, it was a very very real dream. Any way he told me the he would come round to my house the next day at 8pm. So, the next day comes and at exactly 8pm the door bell rang! as i went to open the door, through the glass pannel i could make out a figure with long hair (My favourite singer has long hair). My heart was in my mouth as i opend the door! But it was just one of my mums friends!

I have had visits from deceased relatives...thru my dreams many times. It always seems so real, they tell me they r fine...not to worry about them. Night before last, I had a dream about my cousin. After our nice "visit"... I told him that I was going to tell his Mom (my Aunt) that I had seen him and that he was ok. He told me not to tell her, that it would just confuse her. She is in the early stages of alzheimers....so I think his advice was good. Once, I fell asleep on the sofa....and had a dream that my cousin was sitting on the sofa beside me. As I awakened, I felt the sofa cushion move...as if someone had just gotten up from sitting beside me! I could still feel his presence for a few moments after awakening. None of these "dreams" have been scary. They have always been happy. Its only after I awaken that sometimes I am depressed that it was only a dream. Appreciate your loved ones the short time we are here together...and fondly remember those who are no longer with us....but, I am certain we will see them again in the afterlife.

Edited by reynoldaguy