Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
theSOURCE

Resurrection Mary

5 posts in this topic

This site theorizes that Resurrection Mary may be several different ghosts.

Sorry if this has been posted before.

The Link

I live in Chicago, so I could take a trip to this graveyard. original.gif

If you do go there sarkypi, make sure to let us know if you run into any ghosts. scared.gif

Thank You so much for this LINK. "Mary" has been a quest of mine for several years now. In fact, I have an entire section devoted to her, searching for any information. I will handle this LINK of yours, with TLC.http://My Webpage

My intro...........

The O'Henry Ballroom in Chicago must have been a place of music, dancing and laughter. Imagine the noisy smoke filled room with the lights down low, glasses clinking together, flirting eyes darting from place to place, the men and women enjoying each other's company.

One of the people who frequented O'Henry's was a blue-eyed, blonde beauty, named Mary. One cold, sad and lonely night, the music for Mary stopped and to this day, she is longing to hear it played again.

It has been said, that on this particular evening, Mary and her male companion had an argument. She left the Ballroom and while hitchhiking down Archer Ave. was killed by a hit and run driver. Ever since then, this beauty has been seen, wandering down Archer Ave. dressed in a long white gown.

That's an interesting theory. There are similarities with haunted Blue Bell Hill, Kent in the UK, where a car crash which indisputably occurred in the 1960s became associated with the subsequent appearances of a young woman's ghost. Yet the reported figures differ in appearance and precise location. Diferent victims of different accidents?

I like your website, Nancy. There's so much there. I shall return frequently. The story of the Italian bride reminded me of something I read in a collection of ghost stories from Britain's Midlands:

The odour of sanctity. Almost as old as Christianity itself is the tradition od associating saints with an inexplicable fragrence, particularly after death. Legends about the corpses of saints which do not decompose and which produce a wonderful fragrance are well known... (Le Morte D'Arthur and Shakespeare are quoted)..The odour of sanctity can be any of a variety of perfumes both known, and unknown, yet indescribably beautiful and bringing a sense of well-being to those who inhale it. It is certainly mysterious, having been described as filling only a certain area of a building, assuming various shapes, filling a particular room, ascending in a column, or encircling an object.

A:21

I like your website, Nancy. There's so much there. I shall return frequently. The story of the Italian bride reminded me of something I read in a collection of ghost stories from Britain's Midlands:

The odour of sanctity. Almost as old as Christianity itself is the tradition od associating saints with an inexplicable fragrence, particularly after death. Legends about the corpses of saints which do not decompose and which produce a wonderful fragrance are well known... (Le Morte D'Arthur and Shakespeare are quoted)..The odour of sanctity can be any of a variety of perfumes both known, and unknown, yet indescribably beautiful and bringing a sense of well-being to those who inhale it. It is certainly mysterious, having been described as filling only a certain area of a building, assuming various shapes, filling a particular room, ascending in a column, or encircling an object.

A:21

Agent 21? Thank You! Yep, that site is loaded with stuff, don't get lost! If you do? Just whistling2.gif and I'll be there.

Thank you as well for the information you included! I've heard of this before, haven't thought of it in a long time, though.

If only the dead could talk, hmmm? dontgetit.gif