Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shouldn`t This Have Been Done Years Ago?

420ZACH420

If people have just discovered this island with new species of animals and birds, it makes me think that there are tonnes of other places in the world that not even the greatest explorers and earth`s researchers have found, but why havent we found anything ? have we even tryed? I think it`s time the government or at least an organization of some sort should get on their boats and get in their planes and jets and fancy sh** like that, and go explore the most UNexplored parts of the world.Who knows, some places we don`t know about could hold alot of secrets about the world we live on.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• et's daddy

• Conspiracy

• Waspie_Dwarf

• 420ZACH420

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Which island? It would be helpful if you could provide a link or some information about what it is you are refering to.

I suspect that this island was not so much unknown as unexplored. With modern satellite imaging there is not an inch of the planet that has not been photographed, so there is no new large islands sitting out there to be found. However that doesn't mean they have all been explored.

Such exploration does not come cheap. If you are going to do research it is not just a case of getting in the "boats and planes and jets and fancy sh** like that".

The unexplored regions of the world are unexplored for a reason... they are remote and difficult to get to. Often it can take years to sort out permits for the scientists to enter these areas. As well as the scientists you need to employ local guides, translators, porters to help move equipment and so on. Then it can take weeks or months just to trek to the area you want to explore. Once their if you are going to survey the area properly then there will be months or even years of research.

Even if you find an animal you suspect is new you have to do the research to check you are correct. You would look a right idiot anouncing to the world the discovery of a new species only to find that London Zoo has had 120 of them for the last 80 years.

So this exploration is on going (hence the discovery of new species on a reasonably regular basis) but it takes time and money.

i know they recently found a new breed of monkeys

and id agree most land masses large enough to hold animals the size of a dog or larger have been photographed

id say most new species to be discovered will come from 2 places

caves and deep underwater

i know they recently found a new breed of monkeys

and id agree most land masses large enough to hold animals the size of a dog or larger have been photographed

id say most new species to be discovered will come from 2 places

caves and deep underwater

deep parts of jungles, mountains and forests, theres alot of earth we havnt explored yet.

Do you have a link? I haven't heard about this in the news at all...