Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you live in your own reality?

zerozkyo

Little Story..

-----

There was once a beloved king whose castle was on a high hill, overlooking hise shire. He was so popular that the nearby townspeople sent him gifts daily, and his birthday celebration was enjoyed throughout the kingdom. The people loved him for renowned wisdom and fair judgments.

On day, tragedy struck the town. The water supply was polluted, and everyman, woman, and child went insane. Only the king, who had a private spring, was spared.

Soon after the tragedy, the mad townspeople bagan speaking of how the king was acting "strangely" and how his judgments were poor and his wisom a sham. Many even went so far as to say that the king had gone crazy. His popularity soon vanished. No longer did the people bring him gifts or celebrate his birthday.

The lonely king high on the hill, had no company at all. One day he decided to leave the hill and pay a visit to the town. It was a warm day, and so he drank from the village fountain.

That night there was a great celebration. The people rejoiced, for their beloved king had "Regained his sanity".

-----

Makes ya think... are we all just crazy?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• justcallmefox

• Pax Unum

• zerozkyo

• Waspie_Dwarf

makes me think what this has to do with the natural world

I do live in my own reality....

I actually just bought the t-shirt to announce it...

it says "I live in my own little world... that's okay... they know me here" :P

makes me think what this has to do with the natural world

Like if the "natural" world we live in is actually different from our perspective because we percieve it "unnaturally"

I live in both. Although, i'm going crazy trying to combine the two. People just never understand me :(

Edited by ZV00

It is like...democracy... the truth belongs to majority.

Good story.

I often ponder this same thing, zkyo.

Usually I come to the same conclusion as justejust- "truth" belongs to the majority. Sucks, but that's just the way it is. :angry2:

then why does it appear we all share the same reality? just wondering

Some people's reality is a bit different than others'.

You're right, the whole general reality (sky, moon, stars) is the same, but more specific things (my day to day existance vs. yours) might be a bit different.

Make more sense?

Some people's reality is a bit different than others'.

You're right, the whole general reality (sky, moon, stars) is the same, but more specific things (my day to day existance vs. yours) might be a bit different.

Make more sense?

no... aren't we sharing reality right now, by responding to each others posts? just wondering

no... aren't we sharing reality right now, by responding to each others posts? just wondering

How do you know that people are responding to each others posts? How can you be certain that the entire Universe, as you perceive it isn't the figment of your deranged imagination?

How do you know that people are responding to each others posts? How can you be certain that the entire Universe, as you perceive it isn't the figment of your deranged imagination?

hi i'm new - and your post interests me very much - i'd like to expand on this idea -- it has to do with a project i'm working on - like in a Beautiful Mind, the main character had an entire world he'd created with jobs, and responsibilities, other people - but is it possible do you think, to not go to that extent? to exist in this general universe where we all see things the same way, but then to have a parallel world going at the same time, in which you don't know where the general ends and the parallel begins, or do you have to be clinicall insane to entertain this? is it possible for a sane person to operate in two distinct worlds but not see the distinction themselves? and if so, could a distinction be drawn for the person by some external thing? if so, any ideas what could help the person realize their are two different parallels at work within their own understanding? sorry so long, but this fascinates me

because you just did... :D

But if I was a figment of your deranged imagination that is exactly what you would imagine I would do.

Not necessarily....

I like the direction this is taking.

Pray continue... :hmm:

Little Story..

-----

There was once a beloved king whose castle was on a high hill, overlooking hise shire. He was so popular that the nearby townspeople sent him gifts daily, and his birthday celebration was enjoyed throughout the kingdom. The people loved him for renowned wisdom and fair judgments.

On day, tragedy struck the town. The water supply was polluted, and everyman, woman, and child went insane. Only the king, who had a private spring, was spared.

Soon after the tragedy, the mad townspeople bagan speaking of how the king was acting "strangely" and how his judgments were poor and his wisom a sham. Many even went so far as to say that the king had gone crazy. His popularity soon vanished. No longer did the people bring him gifts or celebrate his birthday.

The lonely king high on the hill, had no company at all. One day he decided to leave the hill and pay a visit to the town. It was a warm day, and so he drank from the village fountain.

That night there was a great celebration. The people rejoiced, for their beloved king had "Regained his sanity".

-----

Repharase the story but this time change the 'water fountain' context with a religion or an ideology....what do you think? :)

It is easy to think about oneness... each religion is trying for it... but most of us feel they are not honest enough for this.. atleast everyone have a beleif soon or later one great energy will come to help them.. let this faith and hope go deep in us... Amen