Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dinosaurus tragedy

bosnian

So folks, I just looked something about dinosaurus in 6 episodes, and somehow I disagree with theory that meteor (or metheor in English perhaps, i am not sure) are quilty for dinosaurus termination.

If does, how is that the birds are survive?? How is that crocodile are survive? Some mamles survive? Even SHARK survive??

Isn't it something else happened???

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bosnian

• frogfish

• Roj47

• Banovici - Bosnia

My guess is, you need to understand first that the animals you mention and dinosaurs lived in very different periods. In fact million of years apart...

My guess is, you need to understand first that the animals you mention and dinosaurs lived in very different periods. In fact million of years apart...

OK, what animals?

Before 100 000 000 years all mentioned animals are lived together. today's birds belong dynosaur familly for your info. Shark is almost 200 000 000 old, even cacrouch is 250 000 000 old but he is so hard to destroy so I do not mentioned it. Crocodiles are living together with dynosaurs in whole world except woods of anctartic,..... and so on.

I think you have to understand who lived in what perid :) and how old spieces are mate

All dienosaures were killed.. everything on planet.. that can happend even now if some metheor like that hit the earth but we got many possibilities to stop it now..

But, the thing is, when they died, after many ages new kinds of animals were born from the scratch.. i dont know how they were born.. but something happend.. so on..

So they dont resemble dinosaures but still have some same body parts..

but I self belive, ALL animals cant die, EVERYTHING cant die, there must be some eggs maybe or something that was born, maybe some animals that was hurt but still alive.. who knows, so thats why we got like crocodile maybe..

Edited by Banovici - Bosnia

I forget the program or source, so many apologies. I believe it may be one of the Equinox series from BBC2 in the UK.

There is a growing concensus that the meteor weakened life's grip on Earth, but other factors contributed to the extinction.

You are right to say that it is a hard idea to swallow that meteor lands, dinosaurs die out. Mammals take their place. More an answer for convienience (sp?).

Problem is my generation has been spoon fed this story from birth, and you generally believe what teachers tell you.

I have my questions, which I can't answer and hope someone will one day.

Will try and look for the source.

regards

All dienosaures were killed.. everything on planet.. that can happend even now if some metheor like that hit the earth but we got many possibilities to stop it now..

But, the thing is, when they died, after many ages new kinds of animals were born from the scratch.. i dont know how they were born.. but something happend.. so on..

So they dont resemble dinosaures but still have some same body parts..

but I self belive, ALL animals cant die, EVERYTHING cant die, there must be some eggs maybe or something that was born, maybe some animals that was hurt but still alive.. who knows, so thats why we got like crocodile maybe..

That is your opinion mate. here I can not find ANY scientific fact here and I see you are not familliar with this area of history. Thank you for participation mate.

Edited by bosnian

I forget the program or source, so many apologies. I believe it may be one of the Equinox series from BBC2 in the UK.

There is a growing concensus that the meteor weakened life's grip on Earth, but other factors contributed to the extinction.

You are right to say that it is a hard idea to swallow that meteor lands, dinosaurs die out. Mammals take their place. More an answer for convienience (sp?).

Problem is my generation has been spoon fed this story from birth, and you generally believe what teachers tell you.

regards

Thanks mate. I agree!

regards

Yeah, saw that too.. <_<

thanx

I was thinkig about this i last minutes and I have crazy idea, what if something happend onthe sun surface and some elecromagnetic or heat waves came to earth and kill bigest animals, while those in seas and small animal survive??

crazy idea?? :rolleyes:

Edited by bosnian

All dienosaures were killed.. everything on planet.. that can happend even now if some metheor like that hit the earth but we got many possibilities to stop it now.

Yeah like Bruce Willis :)

I would have to disagree Reepa. Whilst I admit that it is possible, I would find it very unlikely.

An event to destroy life on Earth would in fact destroy the Earth itself?

There is life at the deepest point of the ocean at marine vents. No light, no oxygen, just minerals from the vents and life is sustained.

I can not see how a single or even 5+ meteors could destroy this depth of the planet.

http://www.firstscience.com/site/articles/darklife.asp

I was thinkig about this i last minutes and I have crazy idea, what if something happend onthe sun surface and some elecromagnetic or heat waves came to earth and kill bigest animals, while those in seas and small animal survive??

crazy idea?? :rolleyes:

http://www.tv.com/supernova/show/31149/summary.html

A rather amusing two part docu-soap which I found pretty rubbish although the ideas were interesting.

All dienosaures were killed.. everything on planet.. that can happend even now if some metheor like that hit the earth but we got many possibilities to stop it now.

Yeah like Bruce Willis

Hehehe, u joking with me, Im serious,

today can be possible to stop it or destroy by nuclear weapons and other methodes, deppends on how far is it.. but will be consequences on the earth, but its better to take the risk then let it destroy the earth :P

Edited by Banovici - Bosnia

So folks, I just looked something about dinosaurus in 6 episodes, and somehow I disagree with theory that meteor (or metheor in English perhaps, i am not sure) are quilty for dinosaurus termination.

If does, how is that the birds are survive?? How is that crocodile are survive? Some mamles survive? Even SHARK survive??

what do u suggest happened

Yeah like Bruce Willis

Hehehe, u joking with me, Im serious,

today can be possible to stop it or destroy by nuclear weapons and other methodes, deppends on how far is it.. but will be consequences on the earth, but its better to take the risk then let it destroy the earth :P

he knows that you meant he was just talking about that Bruce Willis movie in which meteor is hitting earth and he flys nuclear weapons IN the meteor to blow it up,

as for this topic, Humans wouldn exist if Dinosaurs didnt die so hmhmmh lets just say thanks to whatever happened we are here :)

meteor hit earth, you are asking how did other animals survive, easy,

DINOSAURS were predators, they killed everything else, so most of smaller mamals were used to hiding underground, or other small hidden places,

when metheor hit the earth it killed 7/8ths of the population (americas, eruope, africa and asia) most of dead population were big animals, dinosaurs etc...

ofcourse just like any explosion poisonous gases that lasted for few months killed the rest of big population, thats when small mammels started coming from the underground, and evolution took its place from there,

as for Crocks, and sharks, THEY LIVE IN WATER :P

there you go, some my opinion, some discovery channel :)

DINOSAURS were predators, they killed everything else, so most of smaller mamals were used to hiding underground, or other small hidden places,

when metheor hit the earth it killed 7/8ths of the population (americas, eruope, africa and asia) most of dead population were big animals, dinosaurs etc...

ofcourse just like any explosion poisonous gases that lasted for few months killed the rest of big population, thats when small mammels started coming from the underground, and evolution took its place from there,

Interesting theory, I did not know that bronthosaur is predator. :)

also I did not know that sharks are living in water mate, it is new info for me also. Somehow I know that the other dyonss live in water (that monster 150 tones wight) but it did not survive.

Interesting theory, and I think something else happened.

The reason why dinosaurs died and other animals like crocodillians, sharks, birds, etc survived is because dinosaurs occupied a LARGE ecological niche. A niche is all the biotic and abiotic factors used and 'consumed' by that animal. When the meteor struck earth, the disaster shook the ecosystem so badly that it could just not support animals the occupied a large niche (dinosaurs, pterosaurs, marine reptiles). The ecosystem was badly damaged, and thus the dinosaurs couyld not sustain and they died. On the other hand, animals like crocs, sharks and birds occupied a relatively small ecological niche. When the disaster (meteor) hit, they weren't affected as badly as dinosaurs and other large animals (pterosaurs and marine reptiles). Many died, but they could still sustain themselves...Thus they survived.

I hoped this helped.

Just to clear up something...marine animals were affected MORE than terrestial animals :tu:

How could birds go underground?

Not all dinos were predators...The majority were herbivores,

Read my previous post also....:tu:

Edited by frogfish

Moved to appropriate section.

The reason why dinosaurs died and other animals like crocodillians, sharks, birds, etc survived is because dinosaurs occupied a LARGE ecological niche. A niche is all the biotic and abiotic factors used and 'consumed' by that animal. When the meteor struck earth, the disaster shook the ecosystem so badly that it could just not support animals the occupied a large niche (dinosaurs, pterosaurs, marine reptiles). The ecosystem was badly damaged, and thus the dinosaurs couyld not sustain and they died. On the other hand, animals like crocs, sharks and birds occupied a relatively small ecological niche. When the disaster (meteor) hit, they weren't affected as badly as dinosaurs and other large animals (pterosaurs and marine reptiles). Many died, but they could still sustain themselves...Thus they survived.

I hoped this helped.

Thanks mate, this explonation is very serous and scientific. Thank you mate.

You are welcome...I am here to help.