Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New : File Attachments In Posts

Saru

Rather than having to E-Mail image files to me for uploading to the board, you can now attach your image files to your posts and upload them automatically.  

To use this feature, click the "Browse" button on the post new message screen when you make a post, and select the file you'd like to attach to the post. Then when you submit the post, the file will be uploaded to the board.  

I've attatched an image file to this post as an example.  

Please try to keep the attachments as small as possible. The limit is currently 100k, so if your image is larger than that, shrink it down or convert it into a .gif or .jpg so that it fits. If you would like to attach other types of files to your posts other than images, please let me know and I will add the file extension to the list of allowed file types.  

All comments and queries welcome.     :s02

:sk

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Tommy

• odinsupreme

• PurpleStuart

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommy,

How large are the images dimension wise ? If they are really big, you will be able to shrink them down to a smaller size, which will also make them a much smaller file size too.   :)

Yeah that will sort it - otherwise try altering the dpi down to 72dpi (max you can have on screen anyway)

Cool idea SaRuMaN that'll make life much easier! - hope there is enough room on your server for the rash of photos that will be on their way from all and sundry

PS,

I've tried to make as many restrictions as I could, so that the web space doesn't fill up with uploaded images, hence the 100k file limit. As long as the files are all under 100k, there shouldn't be too much of a problem with the web space. I can always delete old ones that nobody looks at any more at a later date if there isn't enough space available.

Thanks guys, I think I've sorted it out.  :sh

Time for a quick home-made test...

:su