Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Teen Boys arrested for bank robberies

LostLittleGirl

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (Reuters) - Three boys, all under the age of 15, are being investigated for a string of bank robberies in the Vancouver area over the past month and half, police said on Monday.

The boys, who range in age from 13 to 14, were arrested on Saturday in connection with two robberies in the Vancouver suburb of Surrey and may be linked to seven hold-ups in the area, police said.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said none of the boys is believed to have a previous criminal record. "They're off to a heck of a start," a police spokesman said.

Two of the boys have been released into their parents' custody, and none can be publicly identified because of their young age.

No weapons were produced in the bank robberies.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What would the maxium sentance for them be? I'm not familar with Canada's Juvinile Justice System.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LostLittleGirl

• coldethyl

• brazilianguy

• distortedpandy

This is where the young offenders act should not apply.l These kids will not do any time,they will get probation and thats it,and when they turn 18 there record will be wiped clean.

Ok I'm a being a bit of a hypocrite here, the young offenders act saved my ass when I was a kid. But 7 bank hold up's these kids are way to bold and I see a lovely future someday behind bars for them.

I can't believe kid's that young where able to hold up bank's and get away with for so long.... :cry:

That brings up a good point Isis. Does that mean that they had really bad security cameras in the banks? No good leads? Certainly the parent's of these children were suspisous of where they got all this money.

What happened to kids doing kid things?

At 13/14 all I was worried about was boys, not money :lol:

Maybe the boys were robbing banks to impress girls?

Bad upbringing maybe...

Another case of parents being blamed for a child's actions. They cold of just as been influnced by televison.

Another case of parents being blamed for a child's actions

I said maybe...Upbringing is a HUGE factor...

Edited by frogfish

I said maybe...Upbringing is a HUGE factor...

I have to agree here. If a parent is with their child (and I'm being realistic I don't mean 24/7 but I do mean most of the time) then this kind of thing could be prevented. The parents are probably criminals too if the truth be told. That's just my opinion. I think parents play a massive role in their children's lives and all too often parents give a child too much freedom once they hit a certain age. Sometimes I truly belive parents think that their job is over once their child hits the age of about 11 or so and the teen years are when a parent is needed most. I have two teens I speak from experience. :tu:

Another case of parents being blamed for a child's actions. They cold of just as been influnced by televison.

same thing, parents have a responsibility to guide a childs development... that includes what they watch on TV... :yes:

well im only 14.. and i thought about robbing banks.what influenced me was the movies,goodfellas, oceans 11&12.. i had stuff planned too. but then i realized, what a stupid idea. i have to say movies influence kids my age alot. video games too. :hmm:

i just hope i dont pull some stunt like that when im get older.

well im only 14.. and i thought about robbing banks.what influenced me was the movies,goodfellas, oceans 11&12.. i had stuff planned too. but then i realized, what a stupid idea. i have to say movies influence kids my age alot. video games too. :hmm:

i just hope i dont pull some stunt like that when im get older.

Did you realize that was a stupid idea because of the morals instilled in you by the adults who raised you?

my parents raised me to find out on my own what i think is right or wrong. my mother she was a lawyer who worked in a prison in brazil, so she said well you can be anything you want to be, just think about what will happen at the end. so yeah i guess it did

my parents raised me to find out on my own what i think is right or wrong. my mother she was a lawyer who worked in a prison in brazil, so she said well you can be anything you want to be, just think about what will happen at the end. so yeah i guess it did

Well there you are then! You were raised properly and that's why you didn't go off and commit bank robberies. Good for you! :yes:

when i was 13 i was'nt even tall enough to see over a bank counter.i would have had to take a wooden box with me just to say"this is a stick-up!i can see the headlines now"wooden box bandit strikes again". :w00t:

Edited by greywolf

also i think stealing banks would be a really wrong thing.. lets say you stealing a family that works on a farm and need that money for stuff, that would suck cause they didnt do anything to the robbers. but then i wouldnt mind stealing from bank robbers and giving to people in poor countrys.. but i guess that would still be wrong

the fast they had done so many before being caught shows a level of intelligence...... robbing banks is not as easy as it once was,,, i have a bit of respect for them.