Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Chess Thread

STIX

Hello everyone, If you play chess then you've come to the right place...

To start off, what openings do you play? I like 1.e4 personally.

Who wants to play? there are some great sites for correspondance chess...

www.redhotpawn.com

www.gameknot.com

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• STIX

• Ciraxis

• Doggirl3

Hey Stix. I'm still a beginninger but love to play chess games there is I'm on the redhotpawn.com one and also on another game site called goldtoken.com you can start a game up anytime with me and I'll try to beat you in it.

Pam-Doggirl3

Guest Lottie

Hi there Stix

UM do a chess tournament once a year on redhotpawn.com. There are a few members who already frequent this site if you are looking to play more people. :tu:

I like chess. I don't think I'm that bad at it (well at general level, I'd get slaughtered by a proffessional). I'd play you, but I kind of played so much in the last tournment I'm sick of chess at the mo :wacko: . I'm currently recovering from it. I'll play you come the next tournment if you want.

I usually start off with the Cole opening, but everyone's now so used to it I should really pick a new one.

Edited by Talon

Cool! Hmm... cole opening? never heard of it... what is it?

My name on redhotpawn and gameknot is ChessJester so anyone can feel free to challenge me there!

Yeah, I thought they had gotten rid of the tournament... I will keep an eye out! :)

Hey everyone, i keep missing the UM tournaments, but i'm on redhotpawn and gameknot, name is ciraxis, just challege me and send a message I'd love to play anyone.

Cool! Hmm... cole opening? never heard of it... what is it?

King's pawn out two, queens pawn out one, bishop out, knight out, castle king's side.

I play at free online chess at ChessManiac. You don't have to pay to play on this site. It is completly free. My team is End Game. Anyone can create a team, club or tournament. I play on the other two sites but I can't afford to pay a membership.