Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What if....?

Darklight_1248

Dinosaurs just don't exist anymore...to live for another 65MYA, there would be a fossil record and a large breeding population.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• Samael

• Jack_of_Blades

• Darklight_1248

Dinosaurs just don't exist anymore...to live for another 65MYA, there would be a fossil record and a large breeding population.

:yes:

The question is, WHAT IF? Not really saying such Island is out there somewhere, or such Island could exist.

I'd say, IF! Such Island suddenly materialized we have a Park that will be the number one Tourist destination in the world. But each visitor will have to sign waivers of accidentally being eaten.

But unfortunately, countries might fight each other for it first.

Having a park where giant dinosaurs are the main attraction is a bad idea. If we managed to somehow get them into captivity, we wouldn't be able to keep them under control. Let the other countries have it. I think it would be a scenario similar to a movie I've seen. Jurassic Park.

Having a park where giant dinosaurs are the main attraction is a bad idea. If we managed to somehow get them into captivity, we wouldn't be able to keep them under control. Let the other countries have it. I think it would be a scenario similar to a movie I've seen. Jurassic Park.

The scenario in the movie would be

highly unlikey, but haveing a park

where dinosaurs are the main

attraction would be a bad idea,

because dinosaurs would be introduced

to new diseases and getting the right

amount of room for them would be

difficult.

I think much smaller dinosaurs existing is a much more logical idea. Something no bigger than a raptor would be more likely.

• 1 month later...

The earth is a different place today...it wouldn't be able to support dinos anymore.

Which must really disappoint you as, judging by your avatar, you like dinos. Am I right?

the question was a what if. what if an island like that was found. not do you believe it's impossible.

if one was found, lots of people would have a lot of explaining to do.

it would be AWESOME to finally possibly have em in a zoo.

bet we'd make some medical discoveries. probably some technology discoveries just to study them and/or remove some samples.

If we could breed some like cattle... wonder what a dinosaur leather jacket would be like? Wonder if they taste good?

wonder what kind of damage they could do if they escaped their zoo?

wonder how big the fleas or chiggers on king kong were? the tiny ones we have to put up with wouldn't be able to puncture to get a good meal....

Which must really disappoint you as, judging by your avatar, you like dinos. Am I right?

Yes....Would I like dinosaurs to be alive...Yes :yes: But far, far away from me :P

Yes....Would I like dinosaurs to be alive...Yes :yes: But far, far away from me :P

I wish i had a raptor as a pet like in WoW lol :D that would be bad ass.

In todays world, I actually believe anything is possible.

Yes. I can jump to the moon, I can throw a cannonball as far as a tennis ball, I can sprout wings at will. Please refine.

Yes. I can jump to the moon, I can throw a cannonball as far as a tennis ball, I can sprout wings at will. Please refine.

LMAO. We get the anything is possible thrown out alot here.

I totally agree. It would be cool if dinos were still alive, as long as they didn't come rampaging down my street.

We get the anything is possible thrown out alot here

Oh heck yes...

as long as they didn't come rampaging down my street.

Or decide to have me as a snack :P

i wonder what an elephant is :rolleyes:

I don't think an elephant can qualify for the title of 'massive' - do you? :rolleyes:

i wonder what an elephant is :rolleyes:

Try a Seismosaurus if you want massive. 45 m long, weighing in at 100 tons.

I wish i had a raptor as a pet like in WoW lol :D that would be bad ass.

How do you know you would be able to tame it? It would probably just disembowel you with its switch-blade claw and tear your throat out.

Try a Seismosaurus if you want massive. 45 m long, weighing in at 100 tons

The Seisomosaurus found was 150 feet long, and many paleontologists think it was a juvenile that choked on a gastrolith....they could even grow larger!

at 100+ tons, the heaviest of any animal ever...