Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Latest copyright battle: software pirates vs "subv

Druss

PARIS (AFP) - Computer games programmers have become subversive in the latest twist of their unending war against software pirates, the British weekly New Scientist reports in next Saturday's issue.

In the latest innovation, games that are illegally copied work properly at first but after a while start to fall apart.

Cars no longer steer, guns shoot off target or run out of bullets, and footballs fly away into space.

Eventually the copy becomes so degraded that the player -- in theory -- goes out and buys a legal version of the game because he is so hooked.

View : Full Article | Source : Yahoo News

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dowdy

• Druss

• Nintendork

• gonzowalker

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's one way to stop it! I wonder if they will do something similar with music?

someone will find a way around it. They always do

A good idea, DarkStar! You may suggest it to some game-maker companies! thumbsup.gif

I don't really play games often at all now, but it would be intresting to see how things would go if that happened.

There will always be ways to copy software or digital info. So this pirating will never end. I don't think it should end. People would not use their PCs as much if they weren't aloud to do what they are capable of now.