Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

stare at yourself in the mirror

antigravity

I've always hated mirrors. My husband doesn't look the same in mirrors when I see him in it, it's so strange.

Recently at work I was walking past a few washers and dryers and I saw myself still in a washer 3 steps behind me.

My image stopped, and I looked back at it for confirmation and then it vanished. Mirrors are evil. I wish everything

didn't make a reflection.

first of all i dont like mirrors,they scare the hell out of me. blame that on my moms ex boyfriend who scared me to death one night after i watched the movie candyman. my moms ex actually had one of those hooks laying around the house..i guess they use them on farms or something, and some fake blood from halloween and and old mirror and stuck them all in my closet with my name and something else written on the mirror with the fake blood..but i was only like 11 but is scared the living **** out of my when i slid my closet door open :o

• 3 weeks later...

I read a story in a book before about this little girl who used to always tell her mam she had a friend that lived in her mirror and she used to talk to her every night. Her mam never believed her but would often hear her talking to herself. One night the girl came down to her mam saying the girl in the mirror said her friend ( Gracie i think) was really sick. The mother passed it off as nonsense but her daughter was really insistent so she rang Gracies mother just to give her daughter piece of mind. Anyway Gracie's mother went and checked on her daughter just to make sure and she was in bed dying sick. She called the doctor and the girl survived. The girl in the mirror never came back. I read this story in one of those unexplained true stories novels and haven't looked at a mirror the same since. I myself can't stare in the mirror too long or it freaks me out its like looking at a diferent person like its you but its someone else someone not nice :/

I HAVE to turn my mirror the other way because when i'm in my bed, I look at my mirror at night and i can see a black figure in the mirror where the wardrobe is supposed to be! My wardrobe is creamy - not black! My heart starts beating rapidly if I don't turn my mirror the other way. It's a bit old as well but I never see anytrhing weird like that at any other time.

I tried this and after a few minutes I couldn't see myself anymore but I also couldn't see behind where I was standing, only my peripheral vision seemed to still be clear.

I've done this a few times too. Do other people find it just stops looking like you after a while and looks like a stranger?

I think it might be that we all have a mental image of what we think we look like, which is different from the reality in thousands of tiny ways. When we look in a mirror quickly, we see this idea of ourselves beacuse we expect it. On the other hand when we look at our reflection for a long time, our brain registers some of these differences, the longer we look, the more we see, until it looks very different to what we expect. Hence we get freaked out by it.

Some occult lodges and orders teach that if you stare into a mirror illuminated only by candle-light, you will seen yourself in previous incarnations.

Whenever I look in the mirror on my ceiling I see a strange women in my bed. She wasn't there the night before and she's almost never there in the morning. How can this be?

I've never tried it, but I'll give it a shot.

• 2 months later...

ive done that b4 and it does get creepy. if u stand an inch away from the mirror thou u look demonic or something. when i did that i had to cover my mirror cus i thout my evil self was going to kill me. :cry:

Hi everyone - my first post. I registered so I could reply to this.

It takes a lot to 'freak me out' and by my nature of my job, I have quite a logical, analytical mind.

Anyway - Last night I was at an event, an organised 'Ghost Hunt' with my Fiancee and about 30 other people. There were 4 hosts (All mediums apparently) and we did various things in an allegedly haunted location.....

One of the activities was 'Scrying' - First up, a woman of the group did it with everyone gathered round and she got quite upset as you could visibly see her aging, she stopped and was removed from the room. That freaked everyone out and no one else wanted to try, apart from me.

Most people left the room apart from about 5 people, my finacee was part of the 5. I started to 'Scry' and within 30 seconds I notice my eyes go completely black, like completely oiled filled (Trick of the light perhaps?) - but then I started to hear everyones reaction, within moments of hearing this the medium gently put her hand on my shoulder and said "Come back please Richard, we should stop stop that right there"

Comments I could here was "Whoa/what the ****/holy ****/oh my god" ....

Now apart from the eyes thing, and a ever so slight tingingly down top part of my spine (Adreline?) I didnt see much...

However everyone else did - apparently they saw some kind of demonic face and my fiancee went so far as to say "You looked like pure evil, no emotion just sheer evil" - that spooked me a little....

My fiancee knows my past and said she wasnt surprised about what she saw and it hasnt changed the way she feels about me (Good!) but I was talking to the medium afterwards and she said "You looked like an executioner, you looked evil and angry and if we had continued, I think there could have been the possibility of voilence" which would seem to fit in with the way I used to conduct myself.

I'm not sure what I believe, generally speaking. I have lost both of my parents so believe they 'protect me' and have experienced various things in the past, but the more I thought about it the more this 'Scrying' has freaked me out.

So, what's the general view of this scrying? Load of crap or possibly has some real substance to it? I have read people on this thread trying it and seeing things - and thats fine as you could argue its imgination/light/eye trickery - but what about my situation, where I didnt see much but other people did? (For info I was staring at it for about 15/20 seconds)

Can all of those people be right/wrong?

I've never done it, I hate seeing my own face in the mirror.

I tried that at Halloween.

There is a mirror located opposite the front door so that if you look at it you can see if anyone is at the door.

Well i was looking and a guy in a grim reaper mask came by, i thought it was a ghost and hid in a cupboard.

It's a shame no one thinks to try this with a video camera pointed at the mirror. Seems like it would be an easy thing to do.

I tryed itfor about 15sec and immeaditly my face melted at the chin like a layer of me was pulled off and i saw myslef all bruised up.like i was punched alot on my face in multiple places.

I've done this several times but usually because I always feel like I'm battling with myself and I feel like looking at myself in the mirror gives me a solution. Maybe it's just comforting to look at myself and see that I'm more lost than at war. I don't know, but I usually feel better. Looking away and seeing an after image hasn't really happened to me though. I just got the surrounding light of the bathroom or where ever I was when I look away.

edit: I think I may give it a go and just focus though. It may be fun. :yes:

Edited by HushDelu

i learned to stare for like 1min and instead of bruises i see my face completly one color on my skin.and around my body is a glow of a green color from my neck down and above my head is clear.what is this?

My eyes started bleeding in the first 3 minutes.

Can I blink?

yep my face melted though with the aura appearing more.

God i am cute :blush:

I gave this a try, yeh face does start to change after a while, Its just that your eyes start to get tired and struggle to focus properly.

I am going to try this, sounds +++GULP+++ fun..... :unsure2:

Only did it for 2 mins, but that was trippy... my face turned into a devils face, but i suspect it is only because our eyes blur, thus causeing the image to blur, then focus then blur again.. just my thoughts. I will try it for longer next time.

Maybe ur just ugly lol jkjk..ive tried that yeh it started to get creepy

I did this. Before my eyes, I turned into a beautiful, elegant woman...

No, not really, though I wish that would happen. I just kind of got annoyed at myself after a bit and gave up. I normally stare at my face for that long every morning anyway while applying makeup! :P

i feel like if i look at a mirror,look at something then look back ill see something scary,its just spooky. .it feels weird so i don't do it any more ill try it one day when there is people in the house. ill just focus and hope not to see any thing like this