Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

stare at yourself in the mirror

antigravity

Have you ever stared at yourself in the mirror for a long time, fixing your eyes on your own without moving, let's say for about 5 to 10 straight minutes? I did this years ago. After a while I started to look very weird and had to look away, probably had something to do with the after-image created from looking for so long super-imposed on my face. Kinda felt like I was tripping or something, never had the guts to try it again. I don't think it's anything paranormal but it sure is strange. Give it a try sometime if you're in the mood and let me know if you get the effect. Maybe it's just me. :unsure:

• Like 4

I've tried it before. Really weird. I slept with the covers over my head that night.

• Like 1

I hate mirrors,especially in the dark; i have a bathroom right next to my room and it's a big mirror right in front of the sink and at night when i get up to walk downstairs and can't even look in the mirror; it's just something about looking into the mirror in the dark that's

* shrugs* :no:

• Like 1

I did once. scared the hell out of myself. I saw some weird things in the mirrors. Now I don't really like mirrors :cry:

• Like 2

That sounds interesting!

I shall try it...Does it have to be in the dark?

Looking your own image in mirror.. is good way to practice for more concentration and vision..

That sounds interesting!

I shall try it...Does it have to be in the dark?

No it doesn't have to be in the dark, actually the more light the better. The trick is to remain perfectly still, only about a foot and a half away from the mirror and just look right into your own eyes. If your is experience is like mine you'll notice that after about five minutes your face seems to change color and have a "melting" effect. After a while you'll just have to look away, it gets too weird!

There's a legend around where i live and it goes something like this. One night in the 1930's a man took an axe and murdered his wife and two daughters and then hung himself on a tree, now the legend says if you go on the street where the man's family house was (it's torn down now) people have said if you drive past where the house stood; your car will stop and they say that you will have to crank-up you engine four times before your car starts again; they say you have to crank-up the car four times because four people died that night. Some people have claimed that they could hear the screams of the wife and daughters and they said they also heard some chopping noise as well. So that's one legend around my area that i thought i'll share.

I have done that before lots of times, but far away, I don't think I want to be close to see what I see from a few feet away. I don't have to do it for long, I start looking weird and I feel kinda lightheaded too, and one of my eyes changes and moves on it own(not me but the mirror me), then I stop.

I heard somewhere that if you stare to your own eyes in a mirror for a long time, you lose a lot of energy. The mirror eyes steal energy from you

I heard somewhere that if you stare to your own eyes in a mirror for a long time, you lose a lot of energy. The mirror eyes steal energy from you

This is a simple experiment... let me try that.. and i will let you know..

• Like 1

Heh heh, if I was a superstitious sort.. I'd ask if you saw a color unlike any other color.. than I'd tell you all the mirror folk are coming! Umm, yesh, but I know... very wierd how that is... its alot like if you clench your eyelids shut long enough you start to see shapes.

Heh heh, if I was a superstitious sort.. I'd ask if you saw a color unlike any other color.. than I'd tell you all the mirror folk are coming! Umm, yesh, but I know... very wierd how that is... its alot like if you clench your eyelids shut long enough you start to see shapes.

XD Thats what I do, and thats true. ^^ I'm afraid of mirrors, but, I feel very curious to try this though. ^^

i tried for about 5 mins.. Nothing happened.

I think its because your eyes start getting dried out from focusing for so long, and as your eyelids have to keep making them wet again it starts to get more and more blurry.

Its very interesting!

I'll have to try even if i scared mirrors!

I tried that before, and I get freaked out by MY OWN eyes!

They just look scary...

Also, my eyes are strange..because everytime I try to focus on something, it turns double. So yeh, it might be my eyes playing tricks on me...

I tried that before, and I get freaked out by MY OWN eyes!

They just look scary...

Also, my eyes are strange..because everytime I try to focus on something, it turns double. So yeh, it might be my eyes playing tricks on me...

that's because your eyes aren't both looking at the same thing. So they send your brain two different pictures, which get overlapped.

Normally both eyes focus on one exact point, and they both send a picture that overlaps, and has a little extra on the edges.

Like if you hold your finger up a foot from your eye it will double because you arent focusing at that depth, so your eyes see it in 2 different ways. then if you focus at your finger, the background will double.

• Like 1

so....i tried it and nothing special happend!

My eyes just get tired!

hahha funny how many people are AFRAID OF THEMSELFS, lolplus everyone keeps admiting that they look WIERD in a mirrorr, well i am very hot in reall life and in my mirrors and i love them :P i would stare in my own eyes for 5-10 minutes but i am afraid i might fall in love all over again :)

One wierd thing to try is to go into a room where you can make it completely dark, have the light on and stare into a mirror for about 10 seconds, and then without looking away turn the light off for about 10 seconds, then flick the light on and off as fast as you can and everything around you will glow for a couple of seconds. :yes: