Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Emergency Underwear

schadeaux

Underwear 'can detect heart attack and call ambulance'

Story filed: 12:06 Friday 10th October 2003

Dutch scientists have developed underwear that calls an ambulance if the wearer has a heart attack.

The Philips Research Laboratories in Eindhoven has developed bras, vests and pants that register and analyse the wearer's heartbeat.

The sensors are linked, via wireless technology, to a mobile phone which automatically makes contact with an alarm centre or an ambulance in an emergency.

Director Karel Joosse told Algemeen Dagblad: "They are so easy to use, the patients wouldn't realise they are wearing special underwear."

Mr Joosse says the system is designed to help cure more people at home rather than in hospitals, and expects it to be widely used in Holland and Germany within two years.

Ananova

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nancy

• Cufflink

• Kismit

• Nintendork

Wow, I feel so proud to be Dutch now... I think... mellow.gif

You know, there is also Astronomical underwear. Its true! They're called Pluto Panties. It seems that they are able to detect "disturbences" around Uranus.

wink2.gif

God, I love Uranus jokes! tongue.gif

The Philips Research Laboratories in Eindhoven has developed bras, vests and pants that register and analyse the wearer's heartbeat.

Well? Another good reason not to have underware on, during certain activities... whistling2.gif

Well? Another good reason not to have underware on, during certain activities... whistling2.gif

Hmmm........ That and because it gets in the way Nancy whistling2.gif

Hmmm........ That and because it gets in the way Nancy whistling2.gif

ohmy.gif

I feel somewhat embarrassed, now. blush.gif

But happy, too. wink2.gif

I feel somewhat embarrassed, now. blush.gif

But happy, too. wink2.gif

Cuffy!!

And you had the nerve to label me & my friends rudies last night ohmy.gif !!!

Cheeky little pixie!

I was just going to add that Anne Summers undies generally cause heart-attacks wink2.gif

Hammy x x x

Kismit? We are doing 'it' again, thinking alike........ lol! Scary?

Cufflink? Glad to know you are no longer........ embarrassed wub.gif

Speaking of underware? I still have underware made by my grandmother in the late 1800's......... Very clean and very uncomfortable in appearance. I can guarantee that these antiques never detected much of anything.... wacko.gif

Cufflink? Glad to know you are no longer........ embarrassed  wub.gif

Nancy, I'm prepared to put aside any embarrassment for the sake of this fascinating topic.

Ladies, please continue. wink2.gif

great. all they need is a bra that tells what day of the week it is laugh.gif

Yeah, because that would matter.

Why underwear...why not a wrist watch that measures pressure in the pulse..or something...you'd almost think they decided to go out of their way to design a serious product, that people could still make jokes over huh.gif

Why underwear...why not a wrist watch that measures pressure in the pulse..or something...you'd almost think they decided to go out of their way to design a serious product, that people could still make jokes over huh.gif

they actually tried to do the wrist watch thing in aisia laugh.gif

Hmmm, well you could forget to put your wristwatch on.... But I hardly ever forget to put on underwear... user posted image

Well? Panties have days of the week...... among other things, printed on them. Why not bras? Or...... Maybe "left" and "right" ????? wink2.gif

Is that a training bra?

whistling2.gif Could be!! That's something about which I've always wondered.......

"In training" for............. what? w00t.gif

whistling2.gif  Could be!! That's something about which I've always wondered.......

"In training" for.............  what?  w00t.gif

laugh.gif

I'd risk an answer, Nancy, but I might be banned from the site. tongue.gif

Have a push button in each cup. Press left for date, press right for time. Could wink2.gif be fun.

Allready done , Name, Adress and day of the week thumbsup.gif

Have a push button in each cup. Press left for date, press right for time. Could wink2.gif be fun.

What can I say ............ * giggle* tweak tweak* giggle* w00t.gif

Have a push button in each cup. Press left for date, press right for time. Could wink2.gif  be fun.

laugh.gif So Phantom forgets his watch, and seeing a beautiful woman, runs up to her and says, 'could I get the time from you?' wink2.gif