Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Murderous Prostitute 'Bricktop'

IhartU

Mary 'Bricktop' Jackson, the worst woman in New Orleans, has gone to prison for murder, again! This 25 year old strumpet, nicknamed for her red hair, entered prostitution at the age of 13. She was evicted from New Orleans' notorious brothels for terrorizing other girls. She clubbed a man to death in 1856 for calling her a whore. She killed another the following year, arguing over the conclusion to a scientific disput the two had as to which way he would fall if she stabbed his tall frame from the front. (she was right. He fell forward.)

In 1859, 'Bricktop' and two other women knifed a man who objected to their foul language. In her short prison term for that offence, 'Bricktop' encountered John Miller, temporarily serving as jailer. Usually on the other side of the law, Miller had lost an arm and replaced it with an iron ball and chain attatched to his stump; it constituted a horrifying weapon.

The pair worked the old trick known as "buttock and twang". :lol: Harlot 'Bricktop' picked up punters and took them to dark corners, where bully-boy Miller attacked them with his ball and chain as soon as their breeches were down.

This year Miller took a whip to 'Bricktop' to give her a trashing. It was a mistake: 'Bricktop' flogged him! She started by dragging him around the room by his own ball and chain. She bit his hand when he pulled a knife, then used the weapon to kill him.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OlDrippy34

• Mr Black

• coldethyl

• IhartU

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting story, i am always keen to read things like this as its my hobbie...........that makes me sound really dark and im not, i am forever trying to delve into the minds of deviants in order to figure out why they do what they do. :mellow:

Thanks for bringing it up :tu:

...Are you a time traveler...?

...Are you a time traveler...?

Who? Me?

No, the original poster.

Joke. Since it's written in the present tense I found it funny.

Fair do's i see your point lol

No, the original poster.

Joke. Since it's written in the present tense I found it funny.

THE TOPIC TITLE SAYS ARTICLE FROM 1861, THAT'S WHY IT'S WRITTEN IN THE PRESENT TENSE! ALTHOUGH I DO WISH I HAD A TIME MACHINE. ;)

I didn't read the topic title as anything other than "Murderous Prostitute 'Bricktop'" because I just clicked to it from the main page. Again, joke.

I think news was slow back then and they just made stuff up.

:D

Yeah, America was particularly slow with news between 1861 and 1865.

Yeah, America was particularly slow with news between 1861 and 1865.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I was thinking more just 1862 though. Particularly the months of April and May.

:mellow: