Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Liverpool Vampire

dancin'hamster

Ok, another thread about Vampires!!

This one is another hum-dinger of a story and raised the hair on the back of my neck...

'In February 1983, a young single mum living in a bedsit in Lodge Lane with her eight-month-old baby had the feeling that she was being watched. She was not the superstitious or paranoid type, but from the day she moved into the bedsit, she had the horrible sensation of being observed by someone or something next door, especially at night. In the end, the edgy electric atmosphere in the bedsit became so intense that the woman went to Wavertree Road police station and told a bemused constable about the interminable feeling about being watched in the spooky flat. The policeman said there was nothing he could do, but the girl began to sob, and she hysterically begged him to send an officer to the flat adjacent to her bedsit, for she felt as if the place was 'radiating evilness'. To calm her down the police officer promised he'd send someone around to look into the matter.

That night at 10 p.m., the young woman was watching News At Ten to take her mind off the eerie predicament, when she was startled to hear loud thumps coming from the flat next door. She looked out the window and saw a police car down below in the street. Then she realised that the police had responded to her plea, and were inspecting the next-door flat. They had been the source of the banging noises. She put her ear to the wall and was relieved to hear the strains of a policeman's radio blurting out.

The police later revealed to her what they had found in the flat next door, and the revelation resulted in the girl packing her bags. After they had broken into the flat, the two policemen saw that the previous occupier had painted all of the walls black. These walls were dotted with mysterious pentagrams and other occult symbols. In the middle of the floor there was a coffin, that looked over a hundred years old. It had probably been stolen from a tomb in a local graveyard, but it was empty and there were no traces of the corpse it had contained. The nameplate was too rusted to be identifiable. Next to the coffin was a mysterious book entitled The Book of Shadows and next to this book was an empty milk bottle - which contained a small amount of human clotted blood.

No one in the street could remember who the occupier of that flat was, and he or she never returned, but even the hard-boiled streetwise policemen said they experienced an icy chill in the flat. The young mum left that night and went to stay with her auntie on the Wirral.

According to ongoing reports, there is a vampire-like being still at large in the Lodge Lane area of Liverpool. In June 1997, a man whose bedsit is directly under the black-walled flat where the coffin was found, awoke at 2 am one morning to see a bloodshot eye looking down at him from a hole in the ceiling. The man shouted out and the eye moved away from the hole. At first light, the man went upstairs to the flat and hammered on the door to have words with the peeping tom, but the flat was empty. An elderly neighbour told the man that for as long as she could remember, the unnocupied flat had had a spooky atmosphere and no one had lived in it for fifteen years. The last person to live in the flat had been a strange, reclusive sullen-skinned man of 'foreign appearance', who had died in the flat in March 1982 of 'natural causes'.

A couple of days later, the sinister voyeur was spotted spying on the man in the bedsit again - this time through his kitchen ceiling. The man's nerves were naturally shattered by the menacing red eye, and he left that same day.

That same week, children playing in nearby Toxteth Park Cemetery were chased by a tall eerie man in a long black overcoat. The figure was completely bald, and the children who fled from his clutches said he had dark rings around his eyes, which were bloodshot. Days later, the same bizarre-looking figure was seen chasing a stray dog - in the very road off Lodge Lane where the black room is.

In early May 2001, there was another eerie incident reported in the Lodge Lane area which made people wonder whether the vampire or another ghoul was at large. A student was awakened at 3.30 a.m. by someone frantically pressing the buzzer of her door intercom. The door intercom unit is equipped with a small TV camera, and when the student switched on her door security monitor she jumped with fright. Gazing into the camera on her doorstep was someone - or something - with a ghastly, grotesque face. The student was so terrified, she called the police, but when they turned up, there was no sign of the unearthly caller. The student's seemingly incredible story was subsequently vindicated by the 24 hour security TV cameras, which actually videotaped the weird-looking prowler.. The student later left the apartment to stay with a friend. Of course, a hoax can never be ruled out, but if it wasn't a prank, who was the sinister late-night caller?'

ooooer blink.gif

pass the garlic..........

the piccy is of a supposed Vampire skeleton ~ complete with stake through it's heart....

Hammy x x x

post-10-1065897033.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dancin'hamster

• Vox

• Cufflink

• peachykeane

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw a documentary on real life vampires once, not the ones that turn into bats or suck virgins dry but people who have a blood fetish which they indulge in with like minded people.

However one guy on this programme suffered from, porphyria (I think that's the right name) a condition which means the sufferer does not produce enough heamoglobin. This can afflict someone with either a mild or severe case. It also makes the skin photo sensitive to sunlight, the gums recede to give the teeth a long canine apprearence and in some produces a craving for blood. He'd given up on frequent and painful dialysis and instead now brought fresh kosher cows blood from a jewish butcher because he claimed this made him feel far better. The others on the programme seemed to indulge this to gain some kind of pleasure whereas he seemed forced to do this

Hi Peachy wink2.gif

Yes ~ I've seen that one!

I was a Goth when I was an Art student and used to go to a couple of Goth clubs. I remember being invited to a 'Bite Night'.......a night at an underground club where Goths & Vamps ould go and bite people! Yeah ~ honest! Some weirdos would pay to lick another persons' blood..eeewwwwww......and some even weirder people would let these individuals cut them........and bare in mind, this is when the world was being rocked by AIDS......

Hammy x x x

(who still likes the idea of seductive vampires with impossibly beautiful faces rendering her powerless and biting her)

(who still likes the idea of seductive vampires with impossibly beautiful faces rendering her powerless and biting her)

blink.gif

I think I'll leave without commenting.....

Blood! Yeuch.

I also fail to understand the attraction of vampires. huh.gif

I think it's a chick thing wink2.gif

anyhoo...getting back to the creature in this story.......it wasn't nice looking.....tall, gaunt, white, bald head and pointy ears???? Creepy........

It sounds very much like the depiction of the vampire in F W Murnau's 1922 film Nosferatu.

or Mr Barlow in that Salems' Lot film (which was crap IMHO)

Christ sake!!! Truly the words of wisdom my father told me hold truth to every weird situation... "You do not have to fear the dead... the ones you have to fear are the living..." In this situation this gaunt strange man with bloodshot eyes is nothing more than a gaunt strange man with bloodshot eyes!!! No ghoul or vampire here, only a very twisted individual with some screwed pathos. I could just relate with that student girl, since my university room accomodation has a large bay window at ground floor. If someone at the dead of night started hitting the window I'd go straight out the door and sock them hard (after waking up my three other flatmates to accompany me in this endeavour), but I just imagine the terror she must have gone through.

Christ sake!!! Truly the words of wisdom my father told me hold truth to every weird situation... "You do not have to fear the dead... the ones you have to fear are the living..." In this situation this gaunt strange man with bloodshot eyes is nothing more than a gaunt strange man with bloodshot eyes!!! No ghoul or vampire here, only a very twisted individual with some screwed pathos.

Hey.............easy tiger!

It's just a bloody good story..........and I wanted other peoples' thoughts & opinions on it!

* Vox wakes up in the middle of the night with sweat running down his forehead due to the rivetting complexity and underlying diabolical message of the previous post...

Unfortuanately "bloody good stories" can turn out to be bloody scary realities. I was just underlining the fact that some crazy idiot might actually decide to do that (wake up someone in the middle of the night, etc). The fact that I am posting MY opinion about how this could REALLY occur, speaks for itself really, doesn't it? The fact that I feel as if I have been blasted out of the water for my previous post doesn't help either.

* Vox wakes up in the middle of the night with sweat running down his forehead due to the rivetting complexity and underlying diabolical message of the previous post...

*Cuff sits at his PC in the afternoon, free from perspiration of any kind, wondering why anyone should get in such a flap over the expression, "Hey...easy tiger?" *

Following extensive investigations, the church recently confirmed that that entire post in question had no traces of a diabolical nature, underlying or otherwise.

No need to sweat over it. And I'm speaking as a scaredy.

Unfortuanately "bloody good stories" can turn out to be bloody scary realities. I was just underlining the fact that some crazy idiot might actually decide to do that (wake up someone in the middle of the night, etc). The fact that I am posting MY opinion about how this could REALLY occur, speaks for itself really, doesn't it? The fact that I feel as if I have been blasted out of the water for my previous post doesn't help either.

Criminey.....someone took a grumpy pill........

lighten up Vox

Waaaagh!!!!! I'll eat you all up in a minute!!!

LoL, sorry about the previous post guys, I was a little high strung you see! I meant no form of disrespect. It's just that all this talking of bald foreign men sends me off on a tangeant!

p.s. Quote of the day on my behalf ---------> "I'm sorry!"

Waaaagh!!!!! I'll eat you all up in a minute!!!

LoL, sorry about the previous post guys, I was a little high strung you see! I meant no form of disrespect. It's just that all this talking of bald foreign men sends me off on a tangeant!

p.s. Quote of the day on my behalf ---------> "I'm sorry!"

no problem Vox.........

wink2.gif

Hammy x x x

I can see why people think vampires, or at least the recieved look we identify with them, can be percieved as sexy. Some of the girls I know thought Gary Oldman in Dracual looked as sexy as hell. There's something very sensual about the image although I prefer Vamp films where they look more monstrous such as Barlow in Salems lot. Can't see the attraction about drinking blood though.

I knew a guy who's girlfriend used to like to cut his arm and drink his blood...

I don't see the attraction either, it's all very....freaky dontgetit.gif

Maybe the attraction lies more in the idea of eternal life. Or perhaps it's a form of "daddy's little girl" complex...wanting someone that is powerful and full of knowledge and experience, just like dear old dad...

Honestly, I'm being facetious. I can't see the attraction either. cool.gif

it takes all sorts....... grin2.gif

I have to disagree with me ol' buddy Peachy! I love it when the Vamps are beautiful, seductive, sensual & sexy......kind of like 'naughty but nice'.....

Hammy x x x

Probably why they caught on so much with the Victorians. Books like Dracula were about as sexy as you could get while still keeping your clothes on! grin2.gif

exactly......heaving bosoms and all that !!!

That's an interesting point, about the idea of `sexy' vampires. Is the vampire fancying thing more common amongst men or women? Any guys out there with a thing about cold, corpse-like haemovores sucking your neck? (and yes, I said "neck", so don't start)

And no...before you ask, I don't understand it, myself. blink.gif

Any guys out there with a thing about cold, corpse-like haemovores sucking your neck?

bounce.gifbounce.gifbounce.gifbounce.gif

*drool* blush.gifwub.gif

w00t.gifwiggle.gifwiggle.gifwiggle.gif

I remember a story I read in one of the hunter chronicles (Hunter the Reckoning, a white wolf RPG) which sort of made vampires look to the casual observer look as stunning creatures, however those that had the "sight" could see them for what they really were... bloated oozing corpses with maggots and the like.... ugh....! sad.gifsad.gif