Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creepy Photos

Loonboy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• SpaceyKC

• Halo_Jones

• Sidhe

The pictures on that site are pretty freaky :s4.The one with the girl on the gravestone looks strangely like a friend of mine............  ??? :s9 :s01 :sj

• 3 months later...

Liked the photos LB :s03

But can someone tell me what a skunkape is :s9

Is it a very smelly Bigfoot like the one in our story thread :s2 :s06

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Saruman :s06

The Skunk Ape sounds alot like my brother when he was going through Puberty, very smelly, very hairy and he would ocasionally growl and grunt at me. :s2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I have not seen the railroad crossing ghost pic before, and it looks too good to be real.

still don't know why they keep putting photos on sites...like the man with the skewers through his mouth and throat and such things,,,,these things are common place...not a mystery or paranormal....more fact than anything..having had my nipple pierced ,i can tell you there was no blood loss,,,so elsewhere on the body is most probably the same.....or am i just that tightfisted ,i didn't want to give any blood lol

Very funny Halo . My little brother was just the same. grin2.gif

I am pretty sure that I read some where that the railroad ghost pic is a fake.

I'm sure somebody around here can sort that out for us .

Thanx for that LoonBoy . original.gif

As I mentioned in the tv section, about a new series on the

SCI-FI channel called DECLASSIFIED, they showed a part

about how when you get near the railroad crossings and turn

off your engine and put it in neutral, the 'spirits of the children'

will push the car over the railroad tracks! The reporter tried it

for herself and it worked! She also sprinkled powder on the back

fender and there were small fingerprints! Also a local resident said

there hasn't been another accident at that crossing since the school

bus was hit (at least that part's an undeniable fact) smile.gif

I heard a slightly different explanation for the railroad ghost story. The story I heard says that it turns out that the slope defies the eye and makes you think you are going up, when actually you are going down. And as I heard it, even the story about the kids doesn't pan out since there is no record of that having happened in the local news, as there almost certainly would have been.

Now I like a good ghost story, and I even like the ones that turn out not to be true. I think the railroad track ghosts aren't real ones.

That would make the second time I had heard about the fingerprinting too. That is quite interesting, but I guess I'd want to see it on my car before I was ready to buy it.

The thing to watch for in this case is how it "works" every time.. like gravity, not like a paranormal phenomena, which seem always to have their own table of times and places..

Kismit,

Nothing solid about whether the photo is genuine or not, but to add to what Sidhe has stated, the story itself is more urban legend than fact, for the reasons he mentions, which is discussed more at length here;

CLICK HERE

Without there being any reliable proof for the accident even happening (something that would have drawn considerable mention statewide, if not regionally), the stories about the crossing take on a contrived and wholly fabricated nature, which also lends suspicion to the credibility of the photo. What would a child be doing out in the middle on nowhere? See the last page of the article for several blowups of the photo, see what you think.

Magikman

That story reminds me of a place not far from where I live known as 'spook hill'. I think everyone in south east Queensland has been there to check it out.

It is a small back road near a chook farm where there was supposedly a young couple murdered and the ghosts of these people push your car to make you leave.

There is quite a large hump in the road and you leave your car in neutral at the base of the hump and it does roll up and over the hump...I have done this several times.

However I have never tried the powder thing so I think I will give it a go. If I get any results I will post them here for you guys to check out. biggrin.gif

to me human combustion is murder covered up.. am i goin to be lynched for saying that??? ph34r.gif

No, you're more likely to be hunted down and ignited with a defective toaster oven, but don't let that scare you. ohmy.gifohmy.gif

tongue.gif

I've heard that the first step is admitting it Space Moose. laugh.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...